Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official: Marshawn Lynch is a Raider
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
iknowcool

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Would be weird, but wonder what Seattle would do. I'd like to think we'd make Oakland trade for him, but who knows with Pete and John. They might think the "right thing to do" is release Marshawn. Personally, I wouldn't let him have his way without getting something worthwhile in return. He chose to retire, you can't come out retirement and choose any team you want to play for.

How much leverage would they have? If Lynch un-retired, there is no way they would keep him, Lacy, and Rawls on the roster. When you consider you have guys like Peterson and Charles still on the market, it's unlikely a team outside of the Raiders would be willing to trade a pick for Lynch and whatever his cap hit is.

They could try and act like they aren't going to give him up without compensation, but the Raiders would call their bluff. I don't really know the Seahawks cap situation and if they could even afford to keep both, but it feels like it would be a waste of resources. I'd just let him go to the Raiders - at least it's an AFC team.

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Would be weird, but wonder what Seattle would do. I'd like to think we'd make Oakland trade for him, but who knows with Pete and John. They might think the "right thing to do" is release Marshawn. Personally, I wouldn't let him have his way without getting something worthwhile in return. He chose to retire, you can't come out retirement and choose any team you want to play for.

How much leverage would they have? If Lynch un-retired, there is no way they would keep him, Lacy, and Rawls on the roster. When you consider you have guys like Peterson and Charles still on the market, it's unlikely a team outside of the Raiders would be willing to trade a pick for Lynch and whatever his cap hit is.

They could try and act like they aren't going to give him up without compensation, but the Raiders would call their bluff. I don't really know the Seahawks cap situation and if they could even afford to keep both, but it feels like it would be a waste of resources. I'd just let him go to the Raiders - at least it's an AFC team.
If Lynch is only willing to play for the Raiders or he wont come out of retirement, then he doesn't come out of retirement or Raiders give up a pick.

We paid his signing bonus last year, so he'd be pretty cheap to keep this year. Nothing wrong with 4 RBs in our offense with the amount of bruisers that would provide us with

Again, this is all my thought process, not my prediction. Seattle loves Marshawn, myself included, but we already let him retire with 5M we could have asked for back and a SB ring. We don't owe him anything other than a future spot in our ring of honor. You also can't guarantee he ends up in Oakland unless you trade him there

#1 ET Supporter
Ketchup

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
iknowcool wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

If Lynch is only willing to play for the Raiders or he wont come out of retirement, then he doesn't come out of retirement or Raiders give up a pick.

We paid his signing bonus last year, so he'd be pretty cheap to keep this year. Nothing wrong with 4 RBs in our offense with the amount of bruisers that would provide us with

Again, this is all my thought process, not my prediction. Seattle loves Marshawn, myself included, but we already let him retire with 5M we could have asked for back and a SB ring. We don't owe him anything other than a future spot in our ring of honor. You also can't guarantee he ends up in Oakland unless you trade him there
If the Raiders really want him and think he'll make an impact, giving Seattle a 7th shouldn't be a problem. The only problem would be if Seattle tries to get cute and squeeze a higher pick out of Oakland.

El ramster on the custom sig!
oakdb36

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
You also can't guarantee he ends up in Oakland unless you trade him there

If he's only un-retiring for Oakland, you can. He won't sign with anyone else. Anyway, i think Oakland would be willing to trade a 7th.
marky mark

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
marky mark wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
He chose to retire, you can't come out retirement and choose any team you want to play for.

Favre didn't get to choose. GB sent him to NY for a 3rd round pick.

Favre did get to choose when he told NYJ that he was retiring and requested to be released.
BayRaider

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather have AP over Marshawn... but Marshawn would be nice.

Only reason I could think of that we'd be interested in the retired Lynch more so than Peterson is Peterson's agent is asking to much money.
daineraider

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the Raiders forum

Quote:
Jordan Schultz‏
@Schultz_Report

Source: Marshawn Lynch met w/Pete Carroll+Schneider yesterday and asked to be released. Privately (w/friends) has been wearing #Raiders gear

The last sentence doesnt really mean anything, but he obviously has an interest in returning to the game.

Joe_is_the_best at making sigs
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
You also can't guarantee he ends up in Oakland unless you trade him there

If he's only un-retiring for Oakland, you can. He won't sign with anyone else. Anyway, i think Oakland would be willing to trade a 7th.
Laughing no, you still can't guarantee anything unless you trade him to the team. You can trust him if you choose to, but that is not a guarantee.

#1 ET Supporter
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
iknowcool wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

If the Raiders really want him and think he'll make an impact, giving Seattle a 7th shouldn't be a problem. The only problem would be if Seattle tries to get cute and squeeze a higher pick out of Oakland.
Agreed

#1 ET Supporter
raiderrocker18

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
marky mark wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
He chose to retire, you can't come out retirement and choose any team you want to play for.

and then he went to Minnesota out of spite
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raiderrocker18 wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
marky mark wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

and then he went to Minnesota out of spite
Not very worried about Lynch going to SF next year out of spite

#1 ET Supporter
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Off topic, but wasn't Favre traded for a conditional 4th?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/17/very-good-chance-marshawn-lynch-unretires/

Joe_is_the_best at making sigs
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daineraider wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/17/very-good-chance-marshawn-lynch-unretires/
It makes sense in a lot of ways, we have always know the Raiders were near and dear to his heart. He has always clearly identified as someone from Oakland, he is really proud of that

#1 ET Supporter
MemphisEagles

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's a good idea. All of these backs who have made a bunch of money, and in his case won a ring, why put more stress on your body? I'd want to be able to walk at fifty and sixty.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 2 of 13

Jump to: