Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official: Marshawn Lynch is a Raider
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Forge


Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 19036
Location: Las Vegas
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
The fact that the Raiders don't play the Seahawks at all in 2017 and they could only meet hypothetically in the SB should make it that much easier to agree on compensation.


I'd love to see a condition in the trade of like, "if the Raiders beat the seahawks in the super bowl in 2017, Seattle gets Oakland's 2018 first round pick" Laughing
_________________


Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Marc MacGyver


Joined: 28 Aug 2015
Posts: 5208
Location: The Big Oak
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
Marc MacGyver wrote:
I reckon 2-3 quality years still left in the tank.


I'd temper those expectations.


It's the Las Vegas Raiders, I'm going all in. Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Oregon Ducks


Joined: 28 Feb 2006
Posts: 20592
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marc MacGyver wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
Marc MacGyver wrote:
I reckon 2-3 quality years still left in the tank.


I'd temper those expectations.


It's the Las Vegas Raiders, I'm going all in. Cool
Like Marshawn Lynch said, "bye, bye retirement.".
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
TheKillerNacho


Moderator
Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 14844
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marc MacGyver wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
Marc MacGyver wrote:
I reckon 2-3 quality years still left in the tank.


I'd temper those expectations.


It's the Las Vegas Raiders, I'm going all in. Cool


Well not yet
_________________
With much cheese,

Nacho Simulation Football League
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
w4rrior723


Joined: 27 Dec 2006
Posts: 5501
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You know why I'm here."

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
G


Joined: 02 Feb 2007
Posts: 3851
Location: Hollywierd
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoping we get him AND draft a big back in 4-5th rounds.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ryan_W


Joined: 27 Nov 2013
Posts: 92
Location: Van
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poor Ravens
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
daineraider


Joined: 05 Mar 2007
Posts: 6898
Location: Salt Lake City
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan_W wrote:
poor Ravens


?
_________________


Joe_is_the_best at making sigs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CatalystNX


Joined: 25 Sep 2013
Posts: 149
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why hasn't this happened yet? Everyone knows it's going to happen. Lynch knows, the Raiders know, the Seahawks know.

Just pay him what he wants. It's not like it's going to be a super long-term deal and the Raiders have plenty of cap space until Mack and Carr need extending. By that point, Lynch will most likely have retired again.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lancerman


Joined: 06 Feb 2011
Posts: 8370
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CatalystNX wrote:
Why hasn't this happened yet? Everyone knows it's going to happen. Lynch knows, the Raiders know, the Seahawks know.

Just pay him what he wants. It's not like it's going to be a super long-term deal and the Raiders have plenty of cap space until Mack and Carr need extending. By that point, Lynch will most likely have retired again.


To hazard a guess, this entire scenario hinges on it being worth the Seahawks while to let Lynch move. And because of how much this hand was telegraphed, Seattle can ask for a lot. Also I think it's telling that talks sort of went stagnant not long after Lynch's camp named dropped the Pats. Because it was so transparently a bs negotiating tactic. Lynch and the Seahawks are trying to get the most out of the Raiders
_________________
Signature
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrOaktown_56


Joined: 15 Dec 2013
Posts: 7882
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CatalystNX wrote:
Why hasn't this happened yet? Everyone knows it's going to happen. Lynch knows, the Raiders know, the Seahawks know.

Just pay him what he wants. It's not like it's going to be a super long-term deal and the Raiders have plenty of cap space until Mack and Carr need extending. By that point, Lynch will most likely have retired again.


We have 67 million in projected cap space next year. We should be just fine.
_________________
El ramster wrote:
bertuzzi wrote:
Goff and Gurley are the worst QB-RB combo in history lmfao


Yo buddy quit trolling yeah.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
drfrey13


Joined: 14 Oct 2010
Posts: 1428
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lancerman wrote:
CatalystNX wrote:
Why hasn't this happened yet? Everyone knows it's going to happen. Lynch knows, the Raiders know, the Seahawks know.

Just pay him what he wants. It's not like it's going to be a super long-term deal and the Raiders have plenty of cap space until Mack and Carr need extending. By that point, Lynch will most likely have retired again.


To hazard a guess, this entire scenario hinges on it being worth the Seahawks while to let Lynch move. And because of how much this hand was telegraphed, Seattle can ask for a lot. Also I think it's telling that talks sort of went stagnant not long after Lynch's camp named dropped the Pats. Because it was so transparently a bs negotiating tactic. Lynch and the Seahawks are trying to get the most out of the Raiders


Seattle has no leverage because they would have to cut key players to retain him. This has not happened yet because if they wait until after the draft the Raiders have to give a 2018 pick instead of 2017.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 26298
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drfrey13 wrote:
lancerman wrote:
CatalystNX wrote:
Why hasn't this happened yet? Everyone knows it's going to happen. Lynch knows, the Raiders know, the Seahawks know.

Just pay him what he wants. It's not like it's going to be a super long-term deal and the Raiders have plenty of cap space until Mack and Carr need extending. By that point, Lynch will most likely have retired again.


To hazard a guess, this entire scenario hinges on it being worth the Seahawks while to let Lynch move. And because of how much this hand was telegraphed, Seattle can ask for a lot. Also I think it's telling that talks sort of went stagnant not long after Lynch's camp named dropped the Pats. Because it was so transparently a bs negotiating tactic. Lynch and the Seahawks are trying to get the most out of the Raiders


Seattle has no leverage because they would have to cut key players to retain him. This has not happened yet because if they wait until after the draft the Raiders have to give a 2018 pick instead of 2017.
If we let Garry Gilliam walk, who signed an offer sheet with the 49ers, we could afford him. Don't want to and that is not what I expect them to do, but they are not in dire straights. Raiders can trade a 2018 right now if they want to
_________________
<Rammy

#1 ET Supporter
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
drfrey13


Joined: 14 Oct 2010
Posts: 1428
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
drfrey13 wrote:
lancerman wrote:
CatalystNX wrote:
Why hasn't this happened yet? Everyone knows it's going to happen. Lynch knows, the Raiders know, the Seahawks know.

Just pay him what he wants. It's not like it's going to be a super long-term deal and the Raiders have plenty of cap space until Mack and Carr need extending. By that point, Lynch will most likely have retired again.


To hazard a guess, this entire scenario hinges on it being worth the Seahawks while to let Lynch move. And because of how much this hand was telegraphed, Seattle can ask for a lot. Also I think it's telling that talks sort of went stagnant not long after Lynch's camp named dropped the Pats. Because it was so transparently a bs negotiating tactic. Lynch and the Seahawks are trying to get the most out of the Raiders


Seattle has no leverage because they would have to cut key players to retain him. This has not happened yet because if they wait until after the draft the Raiders have to give a 2018 pick instead of 2017.
If we let Garry Gilliam walk, who signed an offer sheet with the 49ers, we could afford him. Don't want to and that is not what I expect them to do, but they are not in dire straights. Raiders can trade a 2018 right now if they want to


This is the way I see it. Seattle does not need Lynch and since he goes to the AFC it most likely will not effect them. Since they allowed him to keep the $5 million signing bonus they have to get something in return. Lynch wants to play for the home team and was allowed to keep millions from Seattle. He needs to be willing to except less from the Raiders. The Raiders are getting a player at a reduced cost that can help the organization, either with Oakland fans after the decision to move or his play on the field, so they must be willing to give up a pick. Everyone gets something and gives something up. Just some has already been given. If they wanted to be jerks Lynch and or the Raiders could play hard ball would win but it may set them back with future interactions with players and teams.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
///mcompact


Joined: 29 Jul 2015
Posts: 506
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seattle will, at best, get a 6th round pick out of this deal. More likely, it will be a 7th if at all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 10 of 13

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group