Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official: Marshawn Lynch is a Raider
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forge

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
The fact that the Raiders don't play the Seahawks at all in 2017 and they could only meet hypothetically in the SB should make it that much easier to agree on compensation.

I'd love to see a condition in the trade of like, "if the Raiders beat the seahawks in the super bowl in 2017, Seattle gets Oakland's 2018 first round pick" Laughing

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
Marc MacGyver

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
Marc MacGyver wrote:
I reckon 2-3 quality years still left in the tank.

I'd temper those expectations.

It's the Las Vegas Raiders, I'm going all in. Cool
Oregon Ducks

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marc MacGyver wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
Marc MacGyver wrote:

Like Marshawn Lynch said, "bye, bye retirement.".

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marc MacGyver wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
Marc MacGyver wrote:

Well not yet

Nacho Simulation Football League
w4rrior723

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You know why I'm here."

G

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoping we get him AND draft a big back in 4-5th rounds.
Ryan_W

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poor Ravens
daineraider

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan_W wrote:
poor Ravens

?

Joe_is_the_best at making sigs
CatalystNX

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why hasn't this happened yet? Everyone knows it's going to happen. Lynch knows, the Raiders know, the Seahawks know.

Just pay him what he wants. It's not like it's going to be a super long-term deal and the Raiders have plenty of cap space until Mack and Carr need extending. By that point, Lynch will most likely have retired again.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CatalystNX wrote:
Why hasn't this happened yet? Everyone knows it's going to happen. Lynch knows, the Raiders know, the Seahawks know.

Just pay him what he wants. It's not like it's going to be a super long-term deal and the Raiders have plenty of cap space until Mack and Carr need extending. By that point, Lynch will most likely have retired again.

To hazard a guess, this entire scenario hinges on it being worth the Seahawks while to let Lynch move. And because of how much this hand was telegraphed, Seattle can ask for a lot. Also I think it's telling that talks sort of went stagnant not long after Lynch's camp named dropped the Pats. Because it was so transparently a bs negotiating tactic. Lynch and the Seahawks are trying to get the most out of the Raiders
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CatalystNX wrote:

We have 67 million in projected cap space next year. We should be just fine.

Yo buddy quit trolling yeah.
drfrey13

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lancerman wrote:
CatalystNX wrote:

To hazard a guess, this entire scenario hinges on it being worth the Seahawks while to let Lynch move. And because of how much this hand was telegraphed, Seattle can ask for a lot. Also I think it's telling that talks sort of went stagnant not long after Lynch's camp named dropped the Pats. Because it was so transparently a bs negotiating tactic. Lynch and the Seahawks are trying to get the most out of the Raiders

Seattle has no leverage because they would have to cut key players to retain him. This has not happened yet because if they wait until after the draft the Raiders have to give a 2018 pick instead of 2017.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drfrey13 wrote:
lancerman wrote:
CatalystNX wrote:

Seattle has no leverage because they would have to cut key players to retain him. This has not happened yet because if they wait until after the draft the Raiders have to give a 2018 pick instead of 2017.
If we let Garry Gilliam walk, who signed an offer sheet with the 49ers, we could afford him. Don't want to and that is not what I expect them to do, but they are not in dire straights. Raiders can trade a 2018 right now if they want to

#1 ET Supporter
drfrey13

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
drfrey13 wrote:
lancerman wrote:
CatalystNX wrote:

If we let Garry Gilliam walk, who signed an offer sheet with the 49ers, we could afford him. Don't want to and that is not what I expect them to do, but they are not in dire straights. Raiders can trade a 2018 right now if they want to

This is the way I see it. Seattle does not need Lynch and since he goes to the AFC it most likely will not effect them. Since they allowed him to keep the $5 million signing bonus they have to get something in return. Lynch wants to play for the home team and was allowed to keep millions from Seattle. He needs to be willing to except less from the Raiders. The Raiders are getting a player at a reduced cost that can help the organization, either with Oakland fans after the decision to move or his play on the field, so they must be willing to give up a pick. Everyone gets something and gives something up. Just some has already been given. If they wanted to be jerks Lynch and or the Raiders could play hard ball would win but it may set them back with future interactions with players and teams.
///mcompact

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seattle will, at best, get a 6th round pick out of this deal. More likely, it will be a 7th if at all.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 10 of 13

Jump to: