You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vikings Offseason Tracker (DT Will Sutton signed, pg.22)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dolmonite26

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Quote:
Nick Easton was with the 1s again. Edmond Robinson was with first-team LBs. Anthony Harris also got first-team run with Smith on the side.

https://www.twitter.com/SamEkstrom

These are the kinds of sub stories this off-season that are really interesting to me. I'm quietly really excited to see what Robinson can do, he's very athletic and looked good in spot duty (albiet he was subbing in for Barr's spot not WLB). Plus if Wayne's pans out and Robinson becomes a legitimate starter, the 2015 class would become legendary imo. Especially if they all somehow earn 2nd contracts with the team (not sure how logistically plausible that is tho)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
What requirements are needed for Teddy to be cleared to practice?

I could be wrong, but wouldn't he be fine if he just wore the brace at all times? Or is that rushing it still?

"He looks normal -- you don't see any kind of limp. That's not saying he can walk on the field and play right now." - Tom Pelissero

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/Pelissero-on-Backfield-Setup-Teddys-Comeback/131c8574-a9bc-4201-94d3-699b020f6e39?sf85781826=1

As someone who had a major knee injury with an 18 month rehab after surgery, I can tell you that walking and looking normal doesn't mean a lot, even with a brace. It was a football injury, and I started doing agility drills before the 18 months was up, and while I could maybe look the part walking around, the knee was still no where near ready for real use. You lose confidence, it feels like it can buckle, and the general strength and stability is gone, albeit assisted by the brace. Now, I didn't have a team of trainers or doctors working with me like Teddy, and he has looked good in what little video we'be seen, and seems further ahead of schedule that I would have been, but it still seems reasonable to assume that it will be a while before he'd be good to go. It wasn't until after 18 months for me that I felt able to reasonably do a leg press only lifting my body weight without feeling like the leg could buckle and fold at any moment, and that was even with a brace. Still, it took almost a year after the official rehab time to not think that any lateral move or stress on the joint would make the knee fail. Over 10 years later, and I still have arthritis and re-occurring pain in that knee, although it did have a good 7 years of beating with my time in the SOF community, so take that for what you will.

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, and I looked and behold, a Pale Horse...

And his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him."

NSDQ
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
What requirements are needed for Teddy to be cleared to practice?

I could be wrong, but wouldn't he be fine if he just wore the brace at all times? Or is that rushing it still?

Are you his doctor? Or Eric Sugarman?

I never suggested or said I was. I never suggested or said I knew best.

I asked the question to learn. What I looked up wasn't very helpful either.

Thanks for the link Klomp.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Vikings signed former Nebraska quarterback Tommy Armstrong last month in order to take a look at him as a safety prospect before the end of offseason workouts.

They apparently saw enough to know that they saw enough. The team announced Friday that they have placed Armstrong on waivers.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/16/vikings-waive-tommy-armstrong/

Thx to Lil Uno!
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If organized team activities and minicamp are any indication, Trae Waynes is finally overtaking Newman for the starting job at left cornerback, opposite rising star Xavier Rhodes. Waynes spent nearly all of the offseason practices as the starting cornerback on the left side of the defense, which could mean that the spoon-feeding of the past will turn into a full helping of defensive playing time in 2017.

Waynes: “It’s great. I’ve just got to make the most of it. I’ve just got to make plays and give the coaches more reason to trust me.”

Waynes had 54 total tackles (according to coaches’ tally) with three interceptions and a team-high 16 passes defensed last season.

http://www.vikings.com/news/lunch-break/article-1/Lunchbreak-Waynes-Confident-Heading-Into-3rd-Season/7c95f0bb-40f3-4195-9132-a8c4f2172187

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
Heimdallr

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Waynes is going to be a cornerstone player moving forward. He was really good last year, and I expect him to make another big step with more playing time.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
If organized team activities and minicamp are any indication, Trae Waynes is finally overtaking Newman for the starting job at left cornerback, opposite rising star Xavier Rhodes. Waynes spent nearly all of the offseason practices as the starting cornerback on the left side of the defense, which could mean that the spoon-feeding of the past will turn into a full helping of defensive playing time in 2017.

Remember what happened in the first half of the Week 16 game against the Packers, in regards to Newman upstaging Zimmer's decision to have Rhodes shadow Nelson.

In the GB game, he played 64% of snaps (Waynes 46%). In Week 17, that was flipped to 73%-62% Waynes.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose that's good news about Waynes, but you can be sure Vikings know just how bad it would look if their 1st round CB was still playing behind a 39(!) year old player.

I'm pretty confident Waynes will start this year. They can't put it off any longer. Do or die.
SemperFeist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When that 39 year old player is playing as well as Newman has been playing, it doesn't look bad at all. Especially when you're producing a top 3 passing defense.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:
When that 39 year old player is playing as well as Newman has been playing, it doesn't look bad at all. Especially when you're producing a top 3 passing defense.

I'm sorry, but yes it does. It looks very bad for your 2015 1st round, #11 overall draft pick if he can't crack the starting lineup in his 3rd year. I seriously doubt Newman will be considered for the starting job unless Waynes completely sh*ts the bed.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colorado Vike wrote:
...unless Waynes completely sh*ts the bed.

ugh. do we have to come in here and read profanity that has no purpose?

you are an intelligent and articulate person, well capable of expressing your thoughts and views without it. this entire site is supposed to be profanity free and we all agreed to uphold that when signing up as members.

it's so unnecessary to our conversations, and so crude.

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
wcblack34

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "they're only playing him because he's a first round pick" crap is so stupid. The goal is to win games, not stroke GM egos. If Zimmer thinks Wayne's has earned the spot, he'll start with no consideration to Spirlman. That narrative is more for fanboys who disagree with professionals' decisions.

“Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.”
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wcblack34 wrote:
The "they're only playing him because he's a first round pick" crap is so stupid. The goal is to win games, not stroke GM egos. If Zimmer thinks Wayne's has earned the spot, he'll start with no consideration to Spirlman. That narrative is more for fanboys who disagree with professionals' decisions.

Good teams do a great job taking advantage of rookie contracts. Sitting a top 11 talent for a 39 year old CB on a year-to-year contract isn't necessarily smart either. I think playing Newnan over Waymes has more to do with Zimmer's ego than propping up Spielmans ability to draft.

We're potentially wasting Waynes's potential. He could certainly walk when his contract is up if he's continuously used as a reserve.

Waynes has yet to show that he can't start in this league. I can't think of many other players who were intentionally benched for years despite being a valued "top" pick. This year, Waynes should be starting, even if there are some growing pains along the way that wouldn't otherwise impact Newman.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wcblack34 wrote:

Not sure who you think is saying that, but it's more than playing someone only because of their draft position. Newman is retiring at the end of this season, no ifs, ands or maybes. You can be certain that Zimmer, as well as the front office, want to know what they have in Waynes before this season is out, and they want him ready to play next year. The guy has had precious little playing time for a first round draft pick with two full seasons under his belt. If it's close, or if there's even a good chance that Waynes may be the better player, then he'll be the starter.
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to be cliché, but in his 3rd year, it no longer matters where a player was drafted.

Waynes will be starting because he's a better player than Newman is at this point. Newman has to rely more on his experience rather than his talent, as he doesn't have Father Time on his side.

Thx to Lil Uno!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 29 of 30

Jump to: