FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We are transitioning to a new forum software platform. Your current password will not work after August 12th. Update the email in your profile so you are not locked out. Click here for more information.

Vikings Offseason Tracker (DT Will Sutton signed, pg.22)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we have anymore certainty, either way, on Sharrif?

2017 Aggregate Draft Board
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per Darren Wolfson and Matt Vensel, Michael Floyd's sentence has been transferred to Minnesota and he will join the team for workouts next week.

https://twitter.com/mattvensel/status/865007400742338561

byuvike88

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Per Darren Wolfson and Matt Vensel, Michael Floyd's sentence has been transferred to Minnesota and he will join the team for workouts next week.

https://twitter.com/mattvensel/status/865007400742338561

That's great news!

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Do we have anymore certainty, either way, on Sharrif?

I don't think so. Unless there is a change, he'll probably be on PUP to start the preseason.

Thx to Lil Uno!
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:
Datone Jones
Tom Johnson
Jaleel Johnson
Will Sutton

Linval Joseph
Shamar Stephen

Camp battle could be between Tom Johnson and Sutton.

that looks about right.

if Floyd comes back, and we're happy with our UT depth, do we look to trade him?

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Floyd has no trade value.

Thx to Lil Uno!
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:

even if he's healthy? I could understand saying that he (and Bridgewater) right now have no value, but at full health, they still don't?

side note: didn't know Will Sutton was only 6 foot. wow

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
disaacs wrote:

even if he's healthy? I could understand saying that he (and Bridgewater) right now have no value, but at full health, they still don't?

Floyd is either starting for us (aka he is healthy) .. or not playing for anyone (aka not healthy).

Won't be traded

Last edited by CriminalMind on Thu May 18, 2017 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total
disaacs

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
disaacs wrote:

No, even if he becomes healthy now, he really hasn't been fully healthy in over 2 years and was fairly inconsistent in the last year he did play in 2015.

Thx to Lil Uno!
Colorado Vike

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's going to be interesting seeing how the defensive line shakes out.

At DE, Everson Griffen, Danielle Hunter, Brian Robison and one more. That could be last year's Stephen Weatherly, this year's Ifeadi Odinigbo, or even a surprise from Tashawn Bower.

Linval Joseph and Jaleel Johnson are locks in the middle (4th rounders seldom get cut before their rookie season). I suppose the backup NT becomes Shamar Stephen, almost by default. Everyone else is competing to be that pass rushing threat in the middle that the Vikings are missing. I don't know if Will Sutton can be that guy.

I'm really surprised they waived Toby Johnson, being that they have few players of the size to play NT. He looked good last preseason, then earned a roster spot when Floyd went on IR. To me, it's head-scratcher that they didn't cut someone who was clearly camp fodder to make room for Sutton.
NorthCountryEvo

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to remember Sutton being mentioned as connected to our team during the year he was drafted, something about being related to or having some degree of connection to one of our D-line coaches?

I like the Sutton pick up. I really like Tom Johnson, but with his injury last year plus his age, it would be good to go younger. I've heard about the motivation issue with him, but supposedly that was an issue that was resolved by his last year in college. With his size, he is definitely a 3T in a 4-3 line, and probably a base lineman who isn't best set for passing downs. If he can get his weight right to be back on a 4-3, I like the fit and potential on the team.

Going to be quite a competition at UT between Jaleel, Tom, Sutton, Datone, and Sharrif (maybe). I don't see us carrying that many DT's (including Linval and Shamar).

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, and I looked and behold, a Pale Horse...

And his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him."

NSDQ
kparty69

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may have missed it, but does anyone know if Sharrif Floyd is in a similar contract situation as Teddy Bridgewater's where if he misses the whole season that his contract will carry over to next year?
Colorado Vike

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kparty69 wrote:
I may have missed it, but does anyone know if Sharrif Floyd is in a similar contract situation as Teddy Bridgewater's where if he misses the whole season that his contract will carry over to next year?

Yes, it would. It applies to anyone in the final year of their contract. He'd have to be on the PUP list, not just miss the year (say, on IR). But there would be little reason for the Vikings to want him back again in 2018 at a cost of $6.7M. If he misses two full seasons to injury, it would be insane to want him back for that kind of money. The Vikings will likely avoid that, and it would be as simple as not placing him on the PUP list at the start of camp.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorthCountryEvo wrote:
I seem to remember Sutton being mentioned as connected to our team during the year he was drafted, something about being related to or having some degree of connection to one of our D-line coaches?

I like the Sutton pick up. I really like Tom Johnson, but with his injury last year plus his age, it would be good to go younger. I've heard about the motivation issue with him, but supposedly that was an issue that was resolved by his last year in college. With his size, he is definitely a 3T in a 4-3 line, and probably a base lineman who isn't best set for passing downs. If he can get his weight right to be back on a 4-3, I like the fit and potential on the team.

Going to be quite a competition at UT between Jaleel, Tom, Sutton, Datone, and Sharrif (maybe). I don't see us carrying that many DT's (including Linval and Shamar).

Not sure if it was a misprint or not, but Chris Tomasson wrote, after the signing of Sutton, that he's a nose tackle for this team.

rpmwr19

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nevermind, looks like it just may have been speculation and that's something Tomasson is pretty bad at:

Quote:
The 6-foot-1, 290-pound Sutton, who likely will play nose tackle, was taken by the Bears in the third round of the 2014 draft. He played in 36 games for them, with 18 starts, and had 60 tackles.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/05/17/vikings-sign-former-bears-dt-will-sutton/

-----

Certainly wouldn't be the traditional nose tackle in this defense.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 24 of 30

Jump to: