Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vikings Offseason Tracker (DT Will Sutton signed, pg.22)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heimdallr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see Jordan ever playing in the NFL again. He just doesn't get it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KeithVikings28 wrote:
Miami Dolphins released former 3rd overall pick Dion Jordan. He's pretty similar to Danielle Hunter in terms of measurable and athleticism.

The guys has just as many suspensions as he does sacks in his NFL Career. (3)

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikings safety Harrison Smith is ahead of schedule in his rehabilitation from ankle surgery in February and should be “full speed’’ by training camp, a source said Saturday. ESPN had first reported Wednesday that Smith had surgery on his left ankle, and the source provided some additional details.

The surgery was performed by Dr. Chris Coetzee of Twin Cities Orthopedics shortly after the Feb. 5 Super Bowl in Houston, where Smith had been. It involved tension band wiring used to pull bones together and strengthen the ligaments. Smith’s ankle surgery is believed to be similar to the one Vikings running back Latavius Murray had performed March 22 by Dr. Bob Anderson in Charlotte, N.C. Smith considered having his surgery done by Anderson, who had helped treat a toe injury he suffered in 2013, before opting to have it done in Minnesota.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/04/01/source-vikings-harrison-smith-to-be-full-speed-for-training-camp-after-ankle-surgery/

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

27-year-old TE Nick Truesdell started his college career at UC, but was dismissed from the football team in 2008. More from USA TODAY Sports' Tom Pelissero about the Anderson High School grad who was an Enquirer Media All-City honorable mention choice as a wide receiver and punter:

Truesdell began his college career at the University of Cincinnati, but was dismissed from the football team in 2008 after the first in a string of arrests for theft, breaking and entering and drug trafficking. He ended up at Grand Rapids (Mich.) Community College, where he tore an ACL in his first game. From there, Truesdell bounced around minor leagues between NFL tryouts. His best season came in 2015, when he scored 23 TDs in 16 games with the AFL’s Spokane Shock. He has stayed out of legal trouble since 2010.

It’s the fifth team in about eight months for Truesdell, who turned heads by running a 4.6-second 40-yard dash at a little over 6-foot-5 and 250 pounds in front of NFL scouts last weekend. He was on the Indianapolis Colts’ training camp roster for three days last summer, then was cut and returned to the AFL, where he scored nine touchdowns for the Portland Steel. After the Steel folded, Truesdell was selected in a dispersal draft by the Arizona Rattlers and later reassigned to the Cleveland Gladiators, who put him on the refused to report list a couple weeks ago.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/high-school/ohio-high-school/2017/03/30/vikings-sign-arena-league-star-nick-truesdell-cincinnati/99829090/

anyone who refuses to report to a Cleveland football team seems pretty smart to me...

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew Krammer‏ @Andrew_Krammer
#Vikings announce signing of punter Ryan Quigley. Joins Taylor Symmank in the punter competition.

2nd worst rated punter last year.

-Dan Gable
byuvike88

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:
Andrew Krammer‏ @Andrew_Krammer
#Vikings announce signing of punter Ryan Quigley. Joins Taylor Symmank in the punter competition.

2nd worst rated punter last year.

I wonder if they still add an undrafted kid and this guy is just for insurance

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
There aren't really any OL I'm particularly interested in for round two, no one stands out honestly. I wouldn't mind grabbing a DT in round two and seeing what OG is available in round three.

Poor draft for OL.

Poor draft is right.

Dorian Johnson
Dan Feeney
Taylor Moton
Dion Dawkins

About the only ones I would be interested in in round 2. Most likely none of which will be available.

FWIW, I think it is fully reasonable the 2-3 of these guys could be around at 48, if not more. I think there are some really intriguing options not even listed here (Pocic in particular).

All that being said, if Floyd's injury is as bad as being reported (and including the fact that he is injury prone) it would not be a bad idea at all to go after a UT in round 2. The one saving grace is that we seem to have done a good job at developing D lineman from later rounds (Hunter, Stephen) and we have gotten good play out of FA lineman (Johnson). I think we could definitely look later at UT if we wanted, because this isn't a bad DT draft, and we also have Datone Jones who could be a decent guy to rotate into that spot as needed.

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, and I looked and behold, a Pale Horse...

And his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him."

NSDQ
disaacs

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Minnesota Vikings announced that they’ve re-signed exclusive rights free agent C Zac Kerin.

The exclusive rights tender will cost the Vikings $615,000 for the 2017 season.

http://nfltraderumors.co/vikings-re-sign-erfa-c-zac-kerin/

Thx to Lil Uno!
gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew Whitworth, LT of the Rams said on John Clayton's radio show he chose the Rams over the Vikings because he "wanted something different". He "Likes the idea of being a leader on a rebuilding team"

-Dan Gable
Purplexing

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:
Andrew Whitworth, LT of the Rams said on John Clayton's radio show he chose the Rams over the Vikings because he "wanted something different". He "Likes the idea of being a leader on a rebuilding team"

Could that imply Berger or Bradford are recognized leaders? Could that mean he thought the Rams had no leader? Could that imply that he thought the Vikings aren't rebuilding, but are a few moves away from being a contender? Could that mean the Vikings were too similar to his prior team?

Possible answers:

Bradford or Berger don't seem to be well recognized leaders of the O or OL. But we aren't in the locker room / on the practice facilities / in the huddle in games. So what do we know.... yet?

I won't speculate about a team I have limited knowledge of.

I think the Vikes were/ are contenders, and were sidetracked by injuries in 2016.

I don't have enough info about Whitworth's prior team... he may just be politely saying he didn't like the situation and didn't see significant changes in the future.
arKnaD7

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't be surprised if it's a way to avoid saying "The Rams offered me the most money"
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arKnaD7 wrote:
Wouldn't be surprised if it's a way to avoid saying "The Rams offered me the most money"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Tomasson‏ @christomasson
#Vikings Brian Robison on "toxic" comment by Rhett Ellison dad. "He's not in the building... So I guess I take that with a grain of salt.''

-Dan Gable
Klomp

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purplexing wrote:
Bradford or Berger don't seem to be well recognized leaders of the O or OL. But we aren't in the locker room / on the practice facilities / in the huddle in games. So what do we know.... yet?

I'd be surprised if Alex Boone wasn't seen as the OL leader. He's certainly vocal enough!

Location: Where the true depth of one's soul doesn't resonate with the world
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:
Chris Tomasson‏ @christomasson
#Vikings Brian Robison on "toxic" comment by Rhett Ellison dad. "He's not in the building... So I guess I take that with a grain of salt.''

He had some points.

Joe_is_the_best ^^

BWG VIKE wrote:
Teddy needs a Snickers, he looks like Ponder when he is hungry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 12 of 27

Jump to: