Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seattle open to trading Sherman
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
everlong

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:05 am    Post subject: Seattle open to trading Sherman Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6660/richard-sherman

Quote:
The Ringer's Michael Lombardi reports the Seahawks are "open" to trading Richard Sherman.

"I hear Seattle really would be open to moving Richard Sherman if the offer was serious," were Lombardi's exact words. It's the first we've heard of the possibility, though Sherman is coming off a season where he struggled with an ankle injury and clashed with coaches. He turns 29 later this month. Sherman is due a combined $22.431 million over the next two seasons. It's extremely unlikely he's playing anywhere other than Seattle come Week 1.

Although its reported to be doubtful anything happens, it's still interesting Seattle is willing to hear offers.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really news. Just a rumor at this point.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, a part of me really wishes he would get traded to a team where he wouldn't have the luxury he has in Seattle just to see him come up with excuses.
Pugger

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it very difficult to believe Seattle would entertain the notion of trading one of their best defensive players.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure Seattle would consider it if the offer is serious. The issue is that nobody is going to come up with a "serious" offer for an elite cornerback that is coming off of an injury, has a sizable contract and is about to be 29. Even if he was "available," the price is going to be for a prime, healthy Sherman. And no team is going to value him like a prime, healthy Sherman after this past season.

Props to mike23md on the sig
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
I find it very difficult to believe Seattle would entertain the notion of trading one of their best defensive players.

Eh, a (soon to be) 29 year old CB who plays one side of the field (for the most part) who doesn't have great athleticism but plays smart and with a lot of contact probably won't be an elite CB for long. You don't trade him for nothing but if the price is right I think they could come on down.

I think his value at this stage of his career is probably a late 1st or early 2nd. A team with a short window to do damage may be the best trade partner so an early 2nd is probably what they are looking at. Whether they would accept that is the question.
ArodFanboy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he's more system versatile than most people give him credit for, but I can't imagine him ever playing at the level he was 2 seasons ago again especially on another roster. That doesn't even mean he's done being great either, that level is just incredibly difficult to sustain over a long period of time.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Open to trading sherman" Yeah sure the seahawks will trade their best corner when they have nothing behind him, Sherman isn't the sherman of old but the seahawks have nothing to replace him with if they trade him for whatever medicore offer they would get.

Current owner of the Portland Horned Owls in the Bizzaro Dynasty league, PM me for a co-owner role.
ArodFanboy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OleXmad wrote:
"Open to trading sherman" Yeah sure the seahawks will trade their best corner when they have nothing behind him, Sherman isn't the sherman of old but the seahawks have nothing to replace him with if they trade him for whatever medicore offer they would get.

Schneider is obviously very good at finding gems in the secondary, and this is the year to find them if you have a need at corner. I largely agree with you but I think the timing this year makes more sense than it would in basically any other offseason considering where Seattle is. Let's say they get an extra first. That gives them a chance to grab two offensive line pieces they desperately need and still likely will have a chance at a very good corner who would go earlier most years in the second-third round.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
Pugger wrote:

Eh, a (soon to be) 29 year old CB who plays one side of the field (for the most part) who doesn't have great athleticism but plays smart and with a lot of contact probably won't be an elite CB for long. You don't trade him for nothing but if the price is right I think they could come on down.

I think his value at this stage of his career is probably a late 1st or early 2nd. A team with a short window to do damage may be the best trade partner so an early 2nd is probably what they are looking at. Whether they would accept that is the question.

Does any CB really stay elite for that long?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm no fan of his and I doubt Seattle trades him but he'd look good in a Colts jersey.
Haitch Who?
God Bless You

Courtesy of an online joke search.
billzz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol.. and off to mediocrity he goes..

he's better at running his mouth, then running to the ball.. he is a loud mouth version of Malcolm Butler..

one or two good plays define his whole career.
- Diaz III at 155 for lightweight belt.

Claim a MLB player- Aaron Judge NYY Noah Syndergaard NYM
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlowe22 wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
Pugger wrote:

Does any CB really stay elite for that long?

No but certain types of athletes have a better chance of retaining their athleticism than others. The very fast, quick and fluid corners seem to retain it longer than the big, physical guys. Or at least they keep enough of that ability after slowing down a little to still be effective.

Even a Joe Haden for my team falls into that category. He was never top tier fast nor had top tier quickness he was more technique, length (arms mostly) and being physical. Once a player like that loses a half of a step they are going to be a liability at times and eventually enough so that their career will end unless they move to safety.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean, every team has a price on every player. If the Browns told the Pats they would give them both their 1sts this year, their 2nd this year, and future 1sts for the next 5 years for Brady, they'd at least entertain the idea Laughing

I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility we trade him, but nothing concrete has come out from what I have seen. This has been talked about in Seattle for months, sounds more like Lombardi is bored and looking for a story

If Shead were healthy this would see more likely. As it is now, we don't have a #2 CB

#1 ET Supporter
Tyty

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be mad if we traded a 3 or 4 for him but anything more would be pointless cause I really can't see the Bears being good in the next 3 years and ultimately 3 years is all he has left of possibly playing at an elite or great level

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: