Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders sign EJ Manuel
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
101Raider

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know the details of the numbers? and if so, what our current remaining cap is?
big_palooka

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
Reggie's following Ron Wolf's blueprint
Develop a QB and trade him for a high draft pick.
It's nothing more than that.

FIFY

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/12/07/nfl-draft-2017-ron-wolf-green-bay-packers-draft-philosophy-quarterbacks-reggie-mckenzie-john-dorsey#

Quote:
Wolf’s most notable stamp on modern scouting is his view on quarterbacks: While there’s only room for one starter, you can never acquire too many. In Wolf’s world, it is worthwhile to draft a QB every year, no matter the current roster situation.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

101Raider wrote:
Anyone know the details of the numbers? and if so, what our current remaining cap is?

No details but it's rumored to be a low contract. Should have a bit more than 30M in space now.
Gaetano

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raaka wrote:
Gaetano wrote:
raiderrocker18 wrote:
massive upgrade to mcgloin

i hope they dont carry 3 qb's though. either cook is ready or he isn't

I dont think its an upgrade from McGloin at all, much less a massive one. McGloin is going to go out and get high end backup money. EJ Manuel is going to try and justify a roster spot behind the guy who was behind McGloin last year. I'd give EJ the same chance of cracking the roster as Cody Fajardo, wherever he is these days

who's paying for mcgloin after that disaster in denver? he had almost 3 yrs of doing jack [inappropriate/removed] behind our lord and savoir carr and when he finally gets his shot, looks worse than cook who never took an nfl snap before coming in to relieve him. maybe all that time off made him rusty. he might be signed as a camp arm somewhere, but his shot of being a top #2/fringe starter is gone imo.

So teams are going to think that a backup is no good for going up against the best pass rush/pass defense in the NFL and not doing well? Considering that most starters didnt do well against them, I seriously doubt that.

My opinion of him wont be influenced by one game. McGloin looks like a solid game manager as a backup. The idea that he's gone from quality backup to camp arm because of one brutal matchup seems like a large overreaction to me.
riceraider8080

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gaetano wrote:
raaka wrote:
Gaetano wrote:
raiderrocker18 wrote:
massive upgrade to mcgloin

i hope they dont carry 3 qb's though. either cook is ready or he isn't

I dont think its an upgrade from McGloin at all, much less a massive one. McGloin is going to go out and get high end backup money. EJ Manuel is going to try and justify a roster spot behind the guy who was behind McGloin last year. I'd give EJ the same chance of cracking the roster as Cody Fajardo, wherever he is these days

who's paying for mcgloin after that disaster in denver? he had almost 3 yrs of doing jack [inappropriate/removed] behind our lord and savoir carr and when he finally gets his shot, looks worse than cook who never took an nfl snap before coming in to relieve him. maybe all that time off made him rusty. he might be signed as a camp arm somewhere, but his shot of being a top #2/fringe starter is gone imo.

So teams are going to think that a backup is no good for going up against the best pass rush/pass defense in the NFL and not doing well? Considering that most starters didnt do well against them, I seriously doubt that.

My opinion of him wont be influenced by one game. McGloin looks like a solid game manager as a backup. The idea that he's gone from quality backup to camp arm because of one brutal matchup seems like a large overreaction to me.

McGloin is a very weak backup. And he's not gonna get high end backup money. I doubt he'll even sign with anyone till after the draft. He's a poor athlete with a weak arm who folds against pressure in the pocket and is a questionable decision maker.

That said, I predict Manuel wont make the team and we'll carry only Carr and Cook with Manuel as our emergency list FA QB during the season...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Mike Garafolo‏ @MikeGarafolo

EJ Manuel's deal with the Raiders: one year, $800k, no guaranteed money

Rolni

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Quote:
Mike Garafolo‏ @MikeGarafolo

EJ Manuel's deal with the Raiders: one year, $800k, no guaranteed money

Really good value there

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: