Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders sign Jared Cook
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BayRaider

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
If healthy, he's a massive upgrade at TE. But staying healthy has always been the problem with him.

Since when? Not coming at you, just don't think that is accurate.

Looking at his record he has only missed a few games. Last year was the only instance he missed significant time with a 6 week high ankle sprain. Before that he had 5 yrs playing every game and two year missing 2-3 games.

He is probably looking at the lack of production and assumed he missed games. It's because he's very inconsistent. Cook can be a monster for four games (way back in his Ram prime days) and completelt fall off the face of the earth for 9 games. I use to LOVE Cook his earlier years on the Rams but he's so inconsistent he was eventually "meh" to me.
BayRaider

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
Not a fan if this signing. He's been extremely inconsistent his entire career. Anyone who thinks he's an "automatic" upgrade over Walford is being very veryyyy optimistic.

The only thing this signing does for us is make 2 TE passing situations a little more interesting.

Nah, it's an automatic upgrade, and I'm not even crazy about the signing. Not giving up on Walford though.

If Walford breaks out, even slightly, he could be better than Cook.

Like I said, the only thing I am excited over is 2 TE passing plays. When's the last time we had that? I mean it's still nothing special with those two but it'll be interesting.
raiderrocker18

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Packers fans loved him. Said he can block, and only had one drop last year. Very good when he's healthy and motivated.

motivation could be a concern if he has a big contract. he performed in GB on a 1 year deal
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worth UP to $12.2m over 2 years
NightTrainLane

Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayRaider wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
If healthy, he's a massive upgrade at TE. But staying healthy has always been the problem with him.

Since when? Not coming at you, just don't think that is accurate.

Looking at his record he has only missed a few games. Last year was the only instance he missed significant time with a 6 week high ankle sprain. Before that he had 5 yrs playing every game and two year missing 2-3 games.

He is probably looking at the lack of production and assumed he missed games. It's because he's very inconsistent. Cook can be a monster for four games (way back in his Ram prime days) and completelt fall off the face of the earth for 9 games. I use to LOVE Cook his earlier years on the Rams but he's so inconsistent he was eventually "meh" to me.

Could be but I doubt it when you would most likely see his games played when looking at his production. But whatever...I hope he balls out for us. Could really open the offense up more than it was.

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice get for us boys. Adds another potentially dynamic playmaker for Carr. Sounds like his blocker has gotten a lot better as of late, and of course adds some serious size and speed to the position.

#JihadWard
First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
SilverNBlackFan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big athletic guy with a big catch radius that can get down the seam, and draw safety coverage which opens up things for everybody else.

I approve. I still haven't completely given up on Walford, but maybe this pushes him to up his game. Reggie recognizes that we absolutely needed more out of the TE position and went out and addressed it.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jared Cook's first year compensation of $5m (base salary, roster bonus) is fully guaranteed, source said.

Year 2 is a team option. Good contract.
G

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid signing now that I see the money. Was really worried as I heard he turned down more money than Bennett got. Hopefully competition brings the best out of our TE's. Walford was in a accident not too long ago if I recall, so hopefully Cook, Walford and Smith can all stay healthy.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Christopher Hansen
@ChrisHansenNFL

Christopher Hansen
Cook since '09: 524 tgt, 303/3880, 12.81 ypr, 17 TD, 7.4 y/tgt. ALL RAIDERS TE since '09: 805 tgt, 530/5498, 10.37 ypr, 36 TD, 6.83 y/tgt

Upgrade?
Chwf3rd25

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a big fan of the player but I'm cool paying him essentially a 1 year deal to see if he can do what he did with Rodgers. If he plays like he did last year then we have him at a bargain for '18 and if he regresses we can cut bait without having any money tied up.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good signing. Walford has been a disappointment even when healthy. Now with Smith healthy and Cook who is just as good a blocker we have options. We'll see if Gabe Holmes can show up if he makes it to preseason.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Dessie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good signing should hopefully motivate Walford to ball out as well. Contract is better than I thought as well.
Gaetano

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always disliked the guy (fantasy angle) but one thing I never really considered at that time was the people throwing to him. He's more WR than TE, a big play type, not the usual sure-hands, catch and fall down, redzone type of TE that's typical of TEs. But here's who's thrown to him since he got into the league:

Vince Youngk
Matt Hasselbeck
Jake Locker
Sam Bradford
Kellen Clemens
Nick Foles
Case Keenum
Aaron Rodgers

His 2 best seasons? Aaron Rodgers and Matt Hasselbeck. Sounds like he's the type of guy who can't make a QB good, but can keep a QB good. Very solid signing here
Chris Lance

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Worth UP to $12.2m over 2 years

Amazing signing because allot of that will go to bonuses. Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: