Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders sign TE Jared Cook
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaiderX

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
raiderrocker18 wrote:
he never had a reputation of being even an average blocker... didn't pay much attention to his blocking for GB

Vastly improved.

I can't think of a single complaint about Jared Cook from his time here. Other than I wish he played all 16 games.

Very happy to hear this. Sounds like he could be a good upgrade over Walford who shows flashes here and there, but is widely considered a major let down for a 3rd rounder. Hopefully he can stay healthy for us.

Our O sure added some athleticism with Patterson and Cook.

Years of playing with the crap the Titans and Rams threw out there at QB wore on him. He was like a new player in GB. I'm sure he'll be that guy in Oakland too. He's absolutely a nice weapon.

I hope you gave him the 7-8m he was seeking too for our comp pick sake. Laughing

Good to hear. Reggie usually likes to bring in guys who played for the Packers so he has some knowledge if a player makes strides.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Ketchup

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cp0k2 wrote:
Ignore his body of work for 48 games with St. Louis completely and only pay attention to one season and ten games in Green Bay. Interesting take.
Yes because Oakland is similar to the situation in GB. Oakland is coming off a 12-4 season so they are building a winning football team. They also have a terrific QB in Carr. He didn't have either of those two things in St Louis. It was crystal clear that Cook just needed to feel like he was actually playing towards a goal. There really was no negative about Cook, except him dealing with an injury early in the season, in GB and I see no reason for that not to continue in Oakland.

The NFL is all about what have you done for me lately. Cook's year in GB is much more relevant then his years in STL. It's a shame Cook couldn't come to a contract agreement in GB but this was probably next best scenario for him.

El ramster on the custom sig!
Pugger

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderFanSD wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Packer fans seem cool Cool

You don't usually see good words about players leaving.

Carr has never had a decent TE! Sweet

From all reports he was a good teammate and happy in GB last year. We all wanted him back but Bennett might be a better player for us. We are happy he isn't in the NFC. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
RaiderFanSD wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Packer fans seem cool Cool

You don't usually see good words about players leaving.

Carr has never had a decent TE! Sweet

From all reports he was a good teammate and happy in GB last year. We all wanted him back but Bennett might be a better player for us. We are happy he isn't in the NFC. Wink
maybe Raiders and Packers meet in the super bowl cheers!
TENINCH

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would have been the backup tight end in Minnesota so signing with Oakland was the better option for him. Didn't really want him. I really like David Morgan and the draft is loaded with more TE prospects.
nextsuperstar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky mark wrote:
Quote:
@RapSheet: The #Raiders and TE Jared Cook agreed to terms on a 2-year deal worth up to $12.2M, source said. The first year is fully guaranteed.

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/842493233871634433

He was offered more by GB before they signed Bennett, wasn't he?
91jmay

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Players overestimating their market value is happening a reasonable amount now. Just because huge FA contracts are being handed out it seems every player thinks they are going to get one.

Happy with the deal, he is an upgrade over Riveria who is basically a poor WR and we have Lee Smith to handle blocking duties in run downs.

Should be a solid addition.
Cadmus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nextsuperstar wrote:
marky mark wrote:
Quote:
@RapSheet: The #Raiders and TE Jared Cook agreed to terms on a 2-year deal worth up to $12.2M, source said. The first year is fully guaranteed.

Nah, that was just spin by his agent to save face after negotiations with Green Bay went cold.
Cadmus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NVRamsFan wrote:
KManX89 wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
How is he a weapon? He's never been a weapon.

He was last year for us.

Case in point (set up the game-winning play):

It's amazing what a difference actually having a QB to throw the ball to you can make.

Actually that is pretty typical Cook. One great play after dropping two or three easy passes.

It seems we've been dumped on but most Rams fans will tell you he is a good player. You just have to accept the drops and the lack luster blocking.

Cook had 2 drops all season for us. I know Cook had issues in the past with drops, but perhaps it's easier to catch balls from Rodgers than QBs that would represent a downgrade from the reanimated NFL corpses of Warner and McNair?
Detroitlions703

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadmus wrote:
NVRamsFan wrote:
KManX89 wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:

He was last year for us.

It's amazing what a difference actually having a QB to throw the ball to you can make.

Actually that is pretty typical Cook. One great play after dropping two or three easy passes.

It seems we've been dumped on but most Rams fans will tell you he is a good player. You just have to accept the drops and the lack luster blocking.

Cook had 2 drops all season for us. I know Cook had issues in the past with drops, but perhaps it's easier to catch balls from Rodgers than QBs that would represent a downgrade from the reanimated NFL corpses of Warner and McNair?

too soon man. Way too soon. Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TENINCH wrote:
Would have been the backup tight end in Minnesota so signing with Oakland was the better option for him. Didn't really want him. I really like David Morgan and the draft is loaded with more TE prospects.

I didnt really want him for the same reasons you stated, but also I think his salary could be used on another position that should help more. Hopefully Cook's quick signing with Oakland, is a signal that Z Brown moved on from Oakland....

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good move for Oakland. Gives Carr another guy to throw to.

Courtesy of an online joke search.
Stevein2012

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadmus wrote:
NVRamsFan wrote:
KManX89 wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:

He was last year for us.

I think he's specifically referring to the fact that Cook actually did drop 2 passes right before that play on the video.
Marc MacGyver

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be a helluva weapon. But you have to expect the odd concentration lapse.
Pugger

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nextsuperstar wrote:
marky mark wrote:
Quote:

After we signed Bennett Cook said he didn't get a firm offer from us.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: