Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Build Your Own Mock - Using 4 Round NFL.com Mock
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shoffma1999

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:04 pm    Post subject: Build Your Own Mock - Using 4 Round NFL.com Mock Reply with quote

I thought this might be a fun topic to see where everyone would prioritize our picks using this mock: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000793200/article/reuter-fourround-mock-draft-30-three-receivers-in-top-10.

Try to make your picks without looking ahead to see who will be available when we pick later on in the draft. Pick the player you would have picked at the time if the board fell how it is listed leading up to the pick. Here would have been my draft in this scenario:

1a.) Myles Garrett, DE Texas A&M
1b.) Mitchell Trubisky, QB UNC
2a.) David Njoku, TE Miami
2b.) Kevin King, CB/FS Washington
3.) Cooper Kupp, WR E. Washington
4.) Cordrea Tankersley, CB Clemson

How's it look, love it, hate it, or indifferent? Have at it, what would be your draft?

- Props to 64 CHAMPS for the awesome sig -
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate it, epic waste of a relatively high round 1 pick on a pedestrian QB.
freakygeniuskid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1b.) O.J. Howard, TE, Bama
2a.) Obi Melifonwu, FS/CB, UConn
2b.) Evan Engram, Slot WR/TE, Ole Miss
3.) Antonio Garcia, OT, Troy
4.) Marcus Williams, S, Utah

Alright, fixed both our safety spots (albeit with two more coverage oriented guys) and our middle-of-the-field receiving issue. Engram becomes our default slot receiver with Howard the lead TE. We could put Barnidge on the field too and be able to run with seven dedicated blockers and solid run blocking receivers or put six guys out into routes. It would be crazy hard to block. Garrett upgrades the pass rush and I just think Garcia is too good to pass on there, future heir for Thomas and current competition for the RT job.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would absolutely love this draft

1A. Myles Garrett
1B. Deshone Kizer
2A. Budda Baker
2b. Curtis Samuel
3. Bucky Hodges
4. Cordrea Tankersley

I mean if you believe in Kizer which I do you get everything
Deshone Kizer, Malik Hooker, Carlos Watkins, Adoree Jackson, Budda Baker, TJ Watt, Montravius Adams, Ryan Switzer, Kendall Beckwith, Davis Webb, Des Lawrence, Shelton Gibson, Jamaal Williams, Bucky Hodges
bosko1616

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1a) Myles Garrett DE - easy pick BPA
1b) Deshaun Watson QB - Hues going to love him. Needs a lot of work.
2a) Buddha Baker FS - favorite player in the draft.
2B) Justin Evans SS - the ' Eraser ' hard hitting SS with surprising and underrated ball skills.
3. Cameron Sutton CB - underrated CB with flexibility to play inside and out.
4. Joe Mixon RB - character concerns obviously but true number 1 RB potential. Worth the risk and backlash.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freakygeniuskid wrote:

Alright, fixed both our safety spots (albeit with two more coverage oriented guys) and our middle-of-the-field receiving issue. Engram becomes our default slot receiver with Howard the lead TE. We could put Barnidge on the field too and be able to run with seven dedicated blockers and solid run blocking receivers or put six guys out into routes. It would be crazy hard to block. Garrett upgrades the pass rush and I just think Garcia is too good to pass on there, future heir for Thomas and current competition for the RT job.

One of the best mocks I've seen.

Would fap.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
freakygeniuskid wrote:

Would fap.

I think you mean wouldn't stop, but whatever.
bruceb

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
freakygeniuskid wrote:

Would fap.

Agree.
jkb_63

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm mainly a lurker these past few years, but the nerd patrol has gotten me jazzed and I'm feeling weirdly like our Front Office is playing Madden '18 already. So here's my two cents on this fun hypothetical:

1a.) EDGE Myles Garrett / Texas A&M
> No need to analyze this pick, should be a no-brainer by now.

1b.) LB Reuben Foster / Alabama
> With both Elite-Prototype safties off the board, and not being enthralled with any QB available, I went to the next level of the defense to shore up a solid trio of linebackers and bring some fierce mentality in the mold of Vontaze Burfict.

2a.) FS Budda Baker / Washington
> Hard choice for me between Combine Superman and Mighty Mouse, but I'm not sold on Melifonwu's ball skills or natural diagnosing instincts. I have no such qualms with Mr. Baker.

2b.) DT Caleb Brantley / Florida
> I chose him a round early because I like him so much. His first-step and block-shedding are top notch. Reminds me of Nick Fairley in his gap-penetration.

3.) CB Sidney Jones / Washington
> First round talent, drops due to an unfortunate injury. Has the size and vison to cover #1 WR's when healthy.

4.) TE Adam Shaheen / Ashland
> 6'7" big-man that can run and has cushions for hands. Blocking is a work in progress, but love his intangibles and mismatch ability.
CBrownsman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. DE - Myles Garrett - Texas A&M No Brainer

12. QB - Mitch Trubiskey - North Carolina - I know some people don't like any of the QB's but I trust Hue and the front office. If they see a QB they love on the board and none have been taken up to this pick, I would not be at all against them pulling the trigger. My 3 favorite players are off the board (Adams, Hooker and Allen) so I'm okay no matter what direction they go here.

33. CB - Teez Tabor - Florida - I know we have a much larger need for safety, but Tabor is going through Joe Hadans issues right now of being slower at the combine, and because of the fact that hes in such a deep DB draft its going to hurt him MUCH more than it hurt Joe, so people are jumping off the bandwagon here. He is a GREAT corner and should be a first round pick with his coverage skills and ability to read plays and jump routes. If he were still there at 33 i don't think i could pass up the pick.

52. DT - Caleb Brantley - Florida - Again looking at both need, depth, and best player available, I think brantley is a possible first round pick who is still available and would fill a need now and in the future at the 3-tech. The value here is too good to pass up.

65. FS - Desmond King - Iowa - I think hes also a very good college player who has fallen based on the fact that no ones really sure weather he would be a true corner, nickle corner, or free safety. I love his instincts and his ability to go up and make a play. I think he could be a very good free safety in the league and be on the field a ton considering how much nickle we play regardless. (also i am assuming we get TJ McDonald to fill our SS role so thats why i was okay waiting a little to pick the safety).

108. WR - Josh Reynolds - Texas A&M - The first time I watched this guy play I fell in love with him as a prospect. Hes needs to put on more bulk, but he is certainly fast enough, but more importantly he catching everything that's thrown his way with ease. I've seen him double covered and come away with the ball like its nothing. He is one of my draft crushes and if we are able to get him in the 4th i will be thrilled.

I think one of the great parts about the position we are in is we can afford to take players who are the best players available at the time and not worry about focusing on specific positions. I tried to do that here in every facet and I think I got up to 5 first round quality players. If they don't all pan out, that's fine, that will happen, but I love that we can choose talent over specific need when were drafting since we have so many picks!
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Myles Garrett
OJ Howard
Pat Mahomes
Zach Cunningham
Chidobe Awuzie
Marcus Williams
DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
Myles Garrett
OJ Howard
Pat Mahomes
Zach Cunningham
Chidobe Awuzie
Marcus Williams

I could live with that!!!

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Reginaldm9

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1a. Myles Garrett, DE
1b. Jabrill Peppers, SS (I don't know why, but I have a feeling he winds up a Brown).
2a. Alvin Kamara, RB
2b. Kevin King, CB
3. Caleb Brantley, DT
4. Marcus Williams, FS

I expect us to go mostly defense this draft to appease Greg Williams. Also, I expect Browns to go RB kind of early with no Garrapalo under center. The late rounds are where we take chances on guys at WR, TE, and OL. All gut feeling stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reginaldm9 wrote:
1a. Myles Garrett, DE
1b. Jabrill Peppers, SS (I don't know why, but I have a feeling he winds up a Brown).
2a. Alvin Kamara, RB
2b. Kevin King, CB
3. Caleb Brantley, DT
4. Marcus Williams, FS

I expect us to go mostly defense this draft to appease Greg Williams. Also, I expect Browns to go RB kind of early with no Garrapalo under center. The late rounds are where we take chances on guys at WR, TE, and OL. All gut feeling stuff.

I think you're right with everything you said.

Isn't this how Ted Thompson drafts too?

2016 Adopt a Brownie - Joe Schoebert & Christian Kirksey
Bonanza23

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's some nice drafts in here! Laughing

Dang this may be a good year. Hopefully the Ivies can draft.

Thanks Reg!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: