Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets sign CB Morris Claiborne
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a fan, maybe it wasn't a money thing as much as it was a multi year deal. I could see 3 years that is really 1 guaranteed. So we don't owe him anything after year 1 if he can't stay on the field.
Fournette/Adams/Hooker/Howard @ #6
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xenajets wrote:
Yesssssssss

Zach Brown next please.....
Or Minter, yeah.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdelaney89 wrote:
I'm a fan, maybe it wasn't a money thing as much as it was a multi year deal. I could see 3 years that is really 1 guaranteed. So we don't owe him anything after year 1 if he can't stay on the field.

I think a 3 yr deal with atleast 1.5yrs guaranteed.
famousj

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did Morris Claiborne sign yet or is this another Hightoweresque ploy to get what he wants out of Dallas?
Bobby816

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

famousj wrote:
Did Morris Claiborne sign yet or is this another Hightoweresque ploy to get what he wants out of Dallas?

I sure hope not.
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Claiborne, he just needs to stay healthy. Maybe he will have better luck here than in Dallas.
jetskid007

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
I like Claiborne, he just needs to stay healthy. Maybe he will have better luck here than in Dallas.

Has the potential to be an excellent addition. He was PFF's 12th rated corner in the NFL and even if their analytics aren't your cup of tea, there is no arguing that QBs had a 64.1 passer rating when throwing into his direction with a 54.2% completion rate with an average catch of 8.2 yards.

The beauty in this is that the move is the epitome of risk/reward. Could end up being just a guy or could follow the career path of Aqib Talib.
rampantjet

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:

Has the potential to be an excellent addition. He was PFF's 12th rated corner in the NFL and even if their analytics aren't your cup of tea, there is no arguing that QBs had a 64.1 passer rating when throwing into his direction with a 54.2% completion rate with an average catch of 8.2 yards.

The beauty in this is that the move is the epitome of risk/reward. Could end up being just a guy or could follow the career path of Aqib Talib.

I was pretty sure they had him at 9th but it's no biggy either way.
jetskid007

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rampantjet wrote:
jetskid007 wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:

I was pretty sure they had him at 9th but it's no biggy either way.

Was 9th at one point, but as the season went on others jumped him. I have PFFs player grades package.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:

I don't question his talent (I don't think anyone really does). It's just can he stay healthy. I live here in Dallas and the fans here have turned sour on him. When they saw he signed with us, they didn't seem too upset about it. But it wasn't bc of his talent. They all pretty much said the same thing... "enjoy him for about 4-6 games a season that's it."
Rich51

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 year 5m according to Rapoport

http://jetswire.usatoday.com/2017/03/17/morris-claibornes-contract-with-jets-will-pay-him-5m-in-2017/

Does that mean Dallas really didn't want him?
rampantjet

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich51 wrote:

http://jetswire.usatoday.com/2017/03/17/morris-claibornes-contract-with-jets-will-pay-him-5m-in-2017/

Who cares, that is a heck of a good deal by Macc.
Jag68Sid87

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember the situation correctly, Claiborne struggled at left corner with the Cowboys, but last year he enjoyed a bit of a renaissance after flip-flopping with Brandon Carr, moving to right corner. Or was it the other way around?

Anyway, whether he starts at left or right corner for us next season, he will start and should be a solid contrubitor.

I like the move.
famousj

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich51 wrote:

Wow. There must have been no market for Claiborne to take such a small deal. Its a no risk, low cap deal. The deal does not preclude the Jets from drafting a CB during the draft. Maccagnan is playing the market perfectly. Time a new fanspeak mock.
MP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very odd it's only a one year deal, but glad we scooped him up. On a one year prove it deal, it's a fantastic job by Macc.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: