FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We are transitioning to a new forum software platform. Your current password will not work after August 12th. Update the email in your profile so you are not locked out. Click here for more information.

Zach Brown/DeAndre Levy
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
badgers0821

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: Zach Brown/DeAndre Levy Reply with quote

Any chance we bring one of these guys in? I think either one would be an immediate upgrade over Ryan or Martinez. Both faster and better in coverage. Levy is a beast when healthy.
fattlipp

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, Brown especially, Levy is a 2 down guy.

I would add Arthur Brown/ Bruce Carter / Kevin Minter

we need to bring in another MLB to Ryan/Martinez/Thomas
gopackgo247

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zach Brown over Levy just because of injury history.

I hope Levy retires personally. Hes had a ton of damage to his head already.

We wont know if they are an option till they are already signed haha.
vegas492

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to think that the club is not giving up on either Ryan or Martinez. While I think that Brown is a better player, I find it highly doubtful that the club would sign someone like that to play over either of those kids.
From my perspective, and I don't know if Brett would say this [publicly] -- I know he's shared with me -- we would not be nearly as appreciative of everything that the Packers are had we not seen it from the other side," ---Ryan Longwell 2016
packfanfb

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vegas492 wrote:
You have to think that the club is not giving up on either Ryan or Martinez. While I think that Brown is a better player, I find it highly doubtful that the club would sign someone like that to play over either of those kids.

Signing Brown or Levy to a 1-year deal wouldn't be giving up on Martinez or Ryan. You need more than 2-3 ILBs. Having a veteran like Brown or Levy wouldn't be anything but a great idea and it would help the team, maybe by just a little or maybe by a whole lot.
Gopackgonerd

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vegas492 wrote:
I don't think they will either, though if they did I wouldn't mind at the same time. If anything it's depth and an upgrade at the position.
gopackgo247

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is he last ILB free agent TT has signed? Seems like a position he likes to fill in the draft. I know for sake of conversation its an interesting topic. but i find it hard pressed to believe he will sign one of them.
vegas492

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

packfanfb wrote:
vegas492 wrote:

Signing Brown or Levy to a 1-year deal wouldn't be giving up on Martinez or Ryan. You need more than 2-3 ILBs. Having a veteran like Brown or Levy wouldn't be anything but a great idea and it would help the team, maybe by just a little or maybe by a whole lot.

Signing Brown or Levy would eat into the snaps for Martinez and Ryan. I think that in the eyes of the club, that would stunting the development of their guys.

I'm not saying that Ryan or Martinez are as good as Brown (especially). Personally, I think Brown makes the squad better right away, but it isn't a move that I think the club will make.

I find it much more likely that they use a later round pick on an athletic, yet undersized ILB. That is more of a TT move in my book.
From my perspective, and I don't know if Brett would say this [publicly] -- I know he's shared with me -- we would not be nearly as appreciative of everything that the Packers are had we not seen it from the other side," ---Ryan Longwell 2016
packfanfb

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vegas492 wrote:
packfanfb wrote:
vegas492 wrote:

Signing Brown or Levy would eat into the snaps for Martinez and Ryan. I think that in the eyes of the club, that would stunting the development of their guys.

I'm not saying that Ryan or Martinez are as good as Brown (especially). Personally, I think Brown makes the squad better right away, but it isn't a move that I think the club will make.

I find it much more likely that they use a later round pick on an athletic, yet undersized ILB. That is more of a TT move in my book.

Oh trust me I totally agree that it's a TT move to just draft a guy and ride Ryan and Martinez, whether they improve or not versus signing a guy like Brown or Levy. Definitely a TT move, and a dumb one at that IMO.
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Levy will probably retire.
gizmo2012

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fattlipp wrote:

I think that "other ILB" is Clay and TT will look for edge players in the draft. The reason = this is the best position for Clay Mathews to be in at this point in his great career. He has lost a step but can still be effective in a different role than outside edge rusher.
fattlipp

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo2012 wrote:
fattlipp wrote:

I think that "other ILB" is Clay and TT will look for edge players in the draft. The reason = this is the best position for Clay Mathews to be in at this point in his great career. He has lost a step but can still be effective in a different role than outside edge rusher.

?

Do you guys think Clay would have a better chance of staying healthy at ILB or Edge?

I can see it both ways..

More collisions at ILB but taking on RB's and FB's
vs.
Tackles falling on you and cutting cut my RB's.
gopackgo247

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fattlipp wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:
fattlipp wrote:

?

Do you guys think Clay would have a better chance of staying healthy at ILB or Edge?

I can see it both ways..

More collisions at ILB but taking on RB's and FB's
vs.
Tackles falling on you and cutting cut my RB's.

Last year he was injured playing ILB. In years past hes been injured playing on the edge. I think we can all agree that Clay is more injury prone than not.
HorizontoZenith

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just have a feeling Matthews is going back inside. He would instantly become an all-pro caliber player again if he played inside. Thomas/Ryan/Martinez would be plenty enough talent for that other inside spot if Matthews goes inside.

Find a better inside pass rusher than Matthews would be. So many positive things would come from him making the permanent switch to the inside. It would extend his career, it would keep him healthier, it would add to what we could do defensively...
Ketchup

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:
I just have a feeling Matthews is going back inside. He would instantly become an all-pro caliber player again if he played inside. Thomas/Ryan/Martinez would be plenty enough talent for that other inside spot if Matthews goes inside.

Find a better inside pass rusher than Matthews would be. So many positive things would come from him making the permanent switch to the inside. It would extend his career, it would keep him healthier, it would add to what we could do defensively...
I never understood why they moved him back to OLB last year. He was clearly much more impactful at ILB. Clay just does not have the ability anymore to be an impact OLB, and hasn't for a few years now. If we are going to keep paying his WAY over-inflated salary, at least put him at his best position.

El ramster on the custom sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: