Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Would you be mad at 17.....
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MKnight82

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Would you be mad at 17..... Reply with quote

Post a yes/no and brief response to each if you would be mad if we drafted that player at 17. I used the following websites to determine the players who could be available at 17:

http://www.nflmock.com/round1

http://walterfootball.com/draft2017.php

QB DeShone Kizer: #10 on nflmock, #38 Walter

SS Jabrill Peppers: #17 on nflmock, #22 Walter

TE OJ Howard: #18 on nflmock, #16 Walter

CB Marlon Humphrey: #19 on nflmock, #13 Walter

HB Christian McCaffrey: #23 on nflmock, #19 Walter

OT/OG Cam Robinson: #24 on nflmock, #15 Walter

WR John Ross: #32 on nflmock, #20 Walter

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record these would be my responses:

QB DeShone Kizer: Yes I'd be livid. I don't think Kizer is a starting QB in the NFL and I hope to resign Cousins to a long term deal.

SS Jabrill Peppers: Yes I'd be livid. Forget that I don't think taking a safety is worth a first round pick, we spent a 2nd round pick on a SS/Lber hybrid last year and that is what Peppers is.

TE OJ Howard: I would be lukewarm mad. I think Howard will be a stud, but he doesn't fit a need at all. Wouldn't really make sense for us at 17.

CB Marlon Humphrey: No I would be happy. Humphrey would be a great pick, especially with Breeland on the last year of his rookie contract.

HB Christian McCaffrey: I would probably be mad on draft day and then happy when he actually hit the field. He's an all around talented back imo.

OT/OG Cam Robinson: I wouldn't be mad. He'd be a stud LG and would give us one of the best Olines in football.

WR John Ross: I'd probably be mad. I would understand the pick, we just lost our deep threat in FA, but we don't need another WR. We need defense.

PSID412

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB DeShone Kizer - I would be annoyed by it cause I want to sign Cousins to a LTD but if we did it I would understand this.

SS Jabrill Peppers - Completely hitting the roof with blood red anger. I think he is a seriously overrated player and I don't want another S'ua Cravers!

TE OJ Howard - Yeah we got Reed and Davis. We don't need another Tight End.

CB Marlon Humphrey - Oh no I would love this. I think he is someone who would be a great addition to our secondary.

HB Christian McCaffrey - I wouldn't completely hate it because he is a good back and I think he can do a nice weapon for our offence.

OT/OG Cam Robinson - Ummmm not sure he would fit at Left Guard so wouldn't be too mad but wouldn't be too thrilled

WR John Ross: Again I wouldn't be too happy but I can understand why we would draft him.

^ Awesome sig by Mike23md
MikeT14

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be mad at the first three and okay with the last 4. Big McCaffrey fan.

- mike23md

D.C. Sports: Hope is fine, but believing is where we screw up.
ripsean21

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did any of y'all watch a Michigan game the last 2 years? Peppers is a animal who is a very similar player to Troy Pollamalu. Yes I'm sure our coaches would put him a NT and he'd suck but he's a beast. Watch Michigan against anyone and then watch the Bowl game it's pretty crystal clear what was missing.

Thanks Mike23md for the sig!!!
Adopt a Redskin D Jax!!
Jeezy Fanatic

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Njoku - Happy
Everyone else - Livid

chauboy wrote:
Then there was 1 group of girls that were just standing against of wall, the group being hot, just texting. Just intimidating.
Slateman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
David Njoku - Happy
Everyone else - Livid

A faster, durable version of Jordan Reed Laughing
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
QB DeShone Kizer: #10 on nflmock, #38 Walter:
Yes, I'd be upset because I want Kirk back long term. If we draft a qb high, I'm guessing it's because they think we'll traded away Kirk.

Quote:
SS Jabrill Peppers: #17 on nflmock, #22 Walter:
No, he's a versatile defender that can play any DB position and dime LB. He's a faster more athletic version of Cravens and he's a more talented and gifted version of Kyshoen Jarrett.

Quote:
TE OJ Howard: #18 on nflmock, #16 Walter:
Yes, We have Reed and Davis. Until one or both are gone I'd rather not draft a tight end early in the draft.

Quote:
CB Marlon Humphrey: #19 on nflmock, #13 Walter:
No, in today's NFL you can never have too many cover guys.

Quote:
HB Christian McCaffrey: #23 on nflmock, #19 Walter:
Yes, he'd play Chris Thompson's role with in our offense. I don't think he's a back that can carry it 20 times a game regularly.

Quote:
OT/OG Cam Robinson: #24 on nflmock, #15 Walter:
No, you can never have too good an ol. I'd love to get him or another OL, put them at LG and cut Lauvao.

Quote:
WR John Ross: #32 on nflmock, #20 Walter:
for the longest I was against taking an offensive player at all in round 1 but while I'd rather have a defensive player, I wouldn't be upset with selecting Robinson or Ross in round 1. Ross is Djax like, it'd be amazing to have him.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG

Last edited by turtle28 on Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB DeShone Kizer: Bust.. Hes not near ready for the NFL. Hed be best for like the Chargers, where hed sit a few years behind a vet nearing their end.

SS Jabrill Peppers: Like it. Wouldnt mind him flying all over the place.

TE OJ Howard: No. Not a position needed this early. If we did need, we should of taken last years best in the 2nd. Cause he was better.

CB Marlon Humphrey: Be alot around invested in that position. But wouldnt mind if hes BPA

HB Christian McCaffrey: No. Nobody needs be going after RBs that early.

OT/OG Cam Robinson: Im down for it.

WR John Ross: Plenty of WRs, dont see the need to spend another 1st here. Give me the Buckeyes Samuel in the 2nd or so if going that route.

Trinidad: Where a man is born a man. Not a PC wimp.. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:
QB DeShone Kizer: Bust.. Hes not near ready for the NFL. Hed be best for like the Chargers, where hed sit a few years behind a vet nearing their end.

TE OJ Howard: No. Not a position needed this early. If we did need, we should of taken last years best in the 2nd. Cause he was better.

CB Marlon Humphrey: Be alot around invested in that position. But wouldnt mind if hes BPA

WR John Ross: Plenty of WRs, dont see the need to spend another 1st here. Give me the Buckeyes Samuel in the 2nd or so if going that route.
I think Samuel is a Crowder clone, Ross is Jackson like. If we are going to take a wr in this year's draft early it should be a burner who can stretch the field because w/o Djax we lack that.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
PARROTHEAD wrote:

I think Samuel is a Crowder clone, Ross is Jackson like. If we are going to take a wr in this year's draft early it should be a burner who can stretch the field because w/o Djax we lack that.

Samuel is great with the ball though. And give you more packages to show than Ross would.

Can have Samuel in the backfield as a run threat, then shoot him out wide. Or have him out wide, and motion him in so the D is questioning a run play.

Speed vs Versatility

And just because hes fast like DJax, doesnt mean hes DJax.
We already have the fastest RB in the league. And he barely made the team last year. And after being injured, hes probably going to have to fight for a spot again.

Trinidad: Where a man is born a man. Not a PC wimp.. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!
lavar703

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the exception of Kizer, I'd be thrilled with any of the rest.

This is my top 5 for our pick

1.Derek Barnett
2.Dalvin Cook
3.Reuben Foster
4.Jarrad Davis
5.Jabril Peppers

I'm also completely convinced if Trubisky is there we will take him.
big44dog

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Would you be mad at 17..... Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Post a yes/no and brief response to each if you would be mad if we drafted that player at 17. I used the following websites to determine the players who could be available at 17:

http://www.nflmock.com/round1

http://walterfootball.com/draft2017.php

No on all except peppers, like someone said we need a nose lol. My move in round 1 is move wherever we have to in order to take foster. Then take a true nose with out 2nd pick. It's time to fix the middle of the D permanently

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Would you be mad at 17..... Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:

I've re-ordered the players in increasing ragemonster levels.

Quote:

Of all of these, this is the one I'd probably be the most okay with. It gives us the option of possibly kicking Lauvao to the curb as well as giving us Trent-smokes-up-again insurance. I'd much rather we went defense, but I could live with a guy in the trenches.

Quote:

Eh, I'd live with it. Wouldn't be my first choice to go corner, but I'd deal.

Quote:

Mildly angry. Howard looks to be a stellar player, but unless the previous 16 picks are almost entirely defensive, I don't see how we could go this route. I do think we should consider drafting a TE (perhaps as early as the 2nd (if the right talent is there) or the 3rd), but I have a hard time taking Howard at 17.

Quote:

This may be a surprise, but I would only be somewhat angry with this, and most of it has nothing to do with Kizer as a player. I've made my peace that the front office completely crapped the bed with Cousins and that he won't be here after next year (with still near even odds that he won't even play this year). I think Kizer probably isn't the best QB in this draft, so I'm not sure I would go with him if we were going to QB.

Quote:

Quite peeved. Peppers looks to be a more athletic version of Su'a Cravens. What will we do with both of them?

Quote:

Temperature is now starting to boil. Ross would be my 3rd choice of wide receiver behind Corey Davis and Mike Williams. Yes, he broke the Combine record, but there's more to a WR than just speed.

Quote:

Full on flipping tables mode. There's plenty of RBs to be had to waste a first round pick on one.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz you have Stockholm Syndrome after Kizer hit Fuller for that game winner on Virginia. He's not a good QB.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: