Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Free Agents Thread 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
757-NINER

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Shields is a viable option. I read he's still having headaches from the concussion he had last year that kept him out of action for 15 games. His career might definitely be over.

I'd kick the tires on Hall or Verner. Revis isnt worth what he's asking for. I don't want us to be too young@CB so I'd like to add a vet to the fold after Brock's release. They may add a vet after the draft.
Forge

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

757-NINER wrote:
I don't think Shields is a viable option. I read he's still having headaches from the concussion he had last year that kept him out of action for 15 games. His career might definitely be over.

I'd kick the tires on Hall or Verner. Revis isnt worth what he's asking for. I don't want us to be too young@CB so I'd like to add a vet to the fold after Brock's release. They may add a vet after the draft.

I think flowers is still having concussion issyes too

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
Fureys49ers

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracy Porter released by the Bears. Wouldn't be an uplifting signing but a veteran with experience at all levels of success and still has a little game left in him. Id be happy with Porter, Verner or Hall being brought in.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WR Stedman Bailey was released by the Rams today. Amazing he was able to comeback in any capacity after getting shot twice in the head. He could be an interesting camp invite. I really liked him in the draft and he played alright his 2nd year in the league.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
WR Stedman Bailey was released by the Rams today. Amazing he was able to comeback in any capacity after getting shot twice in the head. He could be an interesting camp invite. I really liked him in the draft and he played alright his 2nd year in the league.

Marquess Wilson is another guy that is still out there that I'm a little surprised hasn't been given a look as another receiving body for teams.

And of course, Floyd is still out there.

48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan Skuta released! We're on it

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:

Hello old friend, welcome to your new role as SAM!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:

Saleh knows him. Wouldn't be shocking.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
48 1/2ers wrote:

Saleh knows him. Wouldn't be shocking.

I would not mind at all! Rather like the guy.
Fureys49ers

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We brought Gilliam, OT for the Seahawks the past couple seasons for a visit today. He's a RFA and rendered at his original pick, he was undrafted I believe so the Seahawks would get nothing if they refused to match our offer. Apparently we offered him a contract which he turned down but it doesn't sound like we are done yet. While he's nothing great and may just be our swing OT or depth he does have a ton of experience starting I think I read 29 of the last 32 regular season games for the Seahawks. I'd be on board with bringing him on and taking away depth, however skilled, away from the Seahawks. At the very least competition for Theus.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fureys49ers wrote:
We brought Gilliam, OT for the Seahawks the past couple seasons for a visit today. He's a RFA and rendered at his original pick, he was undrafted I believe so the Seahawks would get nothing if they refused to match our offer. Apparently we offered him a contract which he turned down but it doesn't sound like we are done yet. While he's nothing great and may just be our swing OT or depth he does have a ton of experience starting I think I read 29 of the last 32 regular season games for the Seahawks. I'd be on board with bringing him on and taking away depth, however skilled, away from the Seahawks. At the very least competition for Theus.

I'm with you. Seems like it would be solid depth and the fact we would be taking it away from Seattle is always a positive.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
Fureys49ers

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another veteran CB on the market with Jason Mccourty being released from the Titans yesterday, not really sure why we haven't seemed atleast a little interested in talking to a veteran yet with the release of Brock. None of these guys are game changing but almost all of our CBs on the roster have very little experience. Then again I'm not on the need to know basis of what the decision makers are all thinking, maybe we look to add on after the draft.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fureys49ers wrote:
Another veteran CB on the market with Jason Mccourty being released from the Titans yesterday, not really sure why we haven't seemed atleast a little interested in talking to a veteran yet with the release of Brock. None of these guys are game changing but almost all of our CBs on the roster have very little experience. Then again I'm not on the need to know basis of what the decision makers are all thinking, maybe we look to add on after the draft.

Yeah, at this point, everybody is waiting until after the draft. The teams want to assess their needs after the draft, and the players want to see where they have the best chance to get some playing time. There's no reason for a veteran to sign right now, or for teams to sign one right away.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Forge

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fureys49ers wrote:

I'm the opposite...I don't know why we would bring them in at this point. We know what those guys are (and it's not very good), and they are older and unlikely to be here in 3 years. I'd still roll with Ward / Robinson / Redmond / Reaser and the like and just let them play along with any possible corner we draft. We aren't going anywhere. Don't see any pressing need to bring an aging mediocre veteran in there.

John232

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So our corner group as of now assuming we move Ward is:

Robinson
Reaser
Redmond
Johnson
Williams

Yeah, not horrible imo but not inspiring either. Reaser and Johnson have always looked solid in limited action...but it's just that, limited action. Most people seem to like Williams, but he's always injured IIRC, same goes for Robinson.

Honestly, Lattimore/Hooker/Adams and maybe Going Rasul Douglas in the third or even King in the second...It's understandable.

Still think we really need to address the pass-rush in some form in the first two rounds.

xsaMainevent on the sig

Last edited by John232 on Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: