Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Free Agents Thread 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forge

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Quote:
Veteran G Brandon Fusco, formerly of the #Vikings, is heading to San Fran, expected to sign with the #49ers, source said. Added O-line depth

Going to be really curious to see how that offensive line shakes out. We added quite a few lineman in the UDFA market, and while most of them are guys who will hit the PS or be waived, I actually had a draftable grade on Toth (not the best scheme fit, however). Than with this signing and the signing of Gilliam...lots of people being put on notice I feel like

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Quote:
Veteran G Brandon Fusco, formerly of the #Vikings, is heading to San Fran, expected to sign with the #49ers, source said. Added O-line depth

Going to be really curious to see how that offensive line shakes out. We added quite a few lineman in the UDFA market, and while most of them are guys who will hit the PS or be waived, I actually had a draftable grade on Toth (not the best scheme fit, however). Than with this signing and the signing of Gilliam...lots of people being put on notice I feel like

I read somewhere that we are not signing Toth

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
Forge wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Quote:

I read somewhere that we are not signing Toth

Yep, looks like he decided not to sign. Well that sucks. He was one of the UDFAs I Really liked that we had signed. Looks like there are some injury issues, however

Forge

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that the 49ers are signing veteran C Tim Barnes to a contract on Monday.

Well, we aren't really signing good offensive linemen, but that's going to be an awful lot of competition going on.

NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
Quote:
Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that the 49ers are signing veteran C Tim Barnes to a contract on Monday.

Well, we aren't really signing good offensive linemen, but that's going to be an awful lot of competition going on.

Off topic but Forge can you explain to me what happened in your sig? Confused
Forge

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Forge wrote:
Quote:

Off topic but Forge can you explain to me what happened in your sig? Confused

I lost a sig bet. Have to wear this for a month Laughing

757-NINER

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
Quote:

Barnes as depth is a solid move. He's not a starter, which the Rams thought he was but as a back-up with solid experience, its a very good subtle signing.

This also frees up Kilgore to compete@either guard spot or at worst, be a solid back-up at guard or center. That's huge, as injuries are bound to happen along the line and to be able to turn to a Kilgore or a Barnes will be a great asset.

Even Fusco, who seems to be a better fit for our zone-blocking than what they ran in Minny, is at worst a solid back-up and at best, pushes either Beadles or Garnett to start on either side. We have solid options and depth along the interior. Something we haven't had in awhile.

Last edited by 757-NINER on Mon May 01, 2017 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have officially picked up Jimmie Ward's option.
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zach Mettenberger released. Would he be a good fit?

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:

I know that oldie was a huge fan of his coming out, but he just hasn't been good, and doesn't appear to be on his way to being good. He's not a clear upgrade on anything that we have in my opinion. I suppose if you wanted to go with him over Barkley, I wouldn't argue, but to me at best that's a lateral move.

rudyZ

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:

I know that oldie was a huge fan of his coming out, but he just hasn't been good, and doesn't appear to be on his way to being good. He's not a clear upgrade on anything that we have in my opinion. I suppose if you wanted to go with him over Barkley, I wouldn't argue, but to me at best that's a lateral move.

And an irrelevant move as well, since Beat Hard is going to beat them hard.

I'm half joking, but Kylo will probably show CJ some love, give him plenty of reps, and I wouldn't be surprised if he was #2 in the depth chart at the end of camp, and not surprised if he started the last few games of the season.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
FLAbrownfan

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Quote:

One of my former lineman just signed with ya'll , Reno Henderson, he has experience at all 5 positions- I really hope he gets a shot to stick with you, looks like I have to be part 49'er fan! You guys can be my west coast team!! Laughing

Love your draft btw- great job with the trade back and grabbing Foster at the end of the 1st!

R.I.P Crackburn, always in our hearts
adopt a Brown: Davone Bess - The best- one catch, one first down--- never mind person foul takes away! arrghhh Reg on the SIG
big9erfan

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to PFF Nick Mullens was 4th in the county. in adjusted completion percent in 2015 and 16th in 2016. That's a nice sign. Too bad he's not bigger and/or had a stronger arm.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
According to PFF Nick Mullens was 4th in the county. in adjusted completion percent in 2015 and 16th in 2016. That's a nice sign. Too bad he's not bigger and/or had a stronger arm.

Yeah, he just doesn't have the physical tools and make up to cut it at the next level, unfortunately. His upside is probably Kellen Moore, and that's if almost everything goes right? I view him as purely roster fodder.

SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
big9erfan wrote:

Yeah, he just doesn't have the physical tools and make up to cut it at the next level, unfortunately. His upside is probably Kellen Moore, and that's if almost everything goes right? I view him as purely roster fodder.

He's going to light it up and be out next Nate Davis.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: