Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Free Agents Thread 2
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject: 2017 Free Agents Thread 2 Reply with quote

Other one reached 100 pages. Continued from here:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=580992&start=1485&sid=b6a18c0fe8d801552d1eb13d98220050

Future Hall of Famer Frank Gore's Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 8th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #7 Eric Dickerson: 194
*Yards needed to pass #6 Jerome Bettis: 597

Last edited by y2lamanaki on Wed May 17, 2017 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Free agent DT Johnathan Hankins has been holding firm that he wants a multi-year contract.
Hankins, 25 later this month, has surprisingly drawn zero interest in the 7-10 days free agency has been open. Easily one of the best players left on the market, Hankins wants to be a starter and seeks $8 million-plus per year. According to Dolphins ace beat writer Armando Salguero, Miami checked in on Hankins, but he isn't willing to accept a one-year offer. Hankins went into this reportedly wanting a five-year deal at $45 million or more. That's highly unlikely to happen at this stage of free agency. Whoever eventually lands Hankins could be getting a bargain.
John232

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Quote:
Free agent DT Johnathan Hankins has been holding firm that he wants a multi-year contract.
Hankins, 25 later this month, has surprisingly drawn zero interest in the 7-10 days free agency has been open. Easily one of the best players left on the market, Hankins wants to be a starter and seeks $8 million-plus per year. According to Dolphins ace beat writer Armando Salguero, Miami checked in on Hankins, but he isn't willing to accept a one-year offer. Hankins went into this reportedly wanting a five-year deal at $45 million or more. That's highly unlikely to happen at this stage of free agency. Whoever eventually lands Hankins could be getting a bargain.

Yes Please...But considering we have Mitchell, we might not want to invest into anymore guys in his mold.

xsaMainevent on the sig
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Commenting on Zuttah, since I haven't had the chance - I love the addition. I assume he'll be center allowing Kilgore to kick back to his natural guard position for competition purposes (always a good thing). Boosts the interior depth a bit, too, as that was lacking with the departures of Martin and Tiller (as of now, but probably for good). I watched most Ravens game (fiancee's team), and I don't see why he is so strongly disliked by Ravens fans, but they are certainly more intimately involved with that team.

Side note - it's crazy that the Baltimore to San Francisco connection is still a thing after all these years/regimes.

Forge

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
Commenting on Zuttah, since I haven't had the chance - I love the addition. I assume he'll be center allowing Kilgore to kick back to his natural guard position for competition purposes (always a good thing). Boosts the interior depth a bit, too, as that was lacking with the departures of Martin and Tiller (as of now, but probably for good). I watched most Ravens game (fiancee's team), and I don't see why he is so strongly disliked by Ravens fans, but they are certainly more intimately involved with that team.

Side note - it's crazy that the Baltimore to San Francisco connection is still a thing after all these years/regimes.

I feel like we trade with two teams and that's it...Baltimore and KC Laughing

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zach Brown is visiting with the Raiders, if we could get the guy an uber and send him down 880 that'd be pretty cool.

Hightower actually had a decent year last year so I dont mind bringing him in for some competition with another future rookie.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
Zach Brown is visiting with the Raiders, if we could get the guy an uber and send him down 880 that'd be pretty cool.

Hightower actually had a decent year last year so I dont mind bringing him in for some competition with another future rookie.

Very surprised Brown's market has been so cold. I'm guessing he wanted a big time multi year deal and teams have been unwilling to do it based on one really good year. I would have liked for us to bring him on, a lot more than Smith at any rate. Somewhat disappointed by the choice of players we have chosen to go after. Just a lot of other players I would have preferred in the same market range in some instances.

Fureys49ers

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
48 1/2ers wrote:

Very surprised Brown's market has been so cold. I'm guessing he wanted a big time multi year deal and teams have been unwilling to do it based on one really good year. I would have liked for us to bring him on, a lot more than Smith at any rate. Somewhat disappointed by the choice of players we have chosen to go after. Just a lot of other players I would have preferred in the same market range in some instances.

Same here Forge, I thought there were some better guys available at around the same price tag. Don't mind Juice at FB and Garçon but outside of them it's been a little underwhelming. Seems we are only going after guys with connections to our coaches and have system/scheme knowledge. Might not be a bad idea considering we will be employing a new scheme on either side of the ball. Also there has to be some sort of factor of these FAs even willing to be a part of the rebuild we got going. Maybe in the next couple years after schemes and systems have been established and players can see our teams arrow pointing up we start going after some of the big fish.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:

I feel like we trade with two teams and that's it...Baltimore and KC Laughing

But it's not just trading, it's all the signings over the years:

Marques Douglas, Aubrayo Franklin, Roderick Green, Troy Smith, Tavares Gooden, Torrey Smith, Kyle Juszczyk...and that's not even including guys like Trent Dilfer, Tony Pashos, or Shaun Draughn, all of whom played for at least one team inbetween their stint in Baltimore and coming here.

Forge

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poe to the falcons. One year, 8 million

rudyZ

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fureys49ers wrote:
Forge wrote:
48 1/2ers wrote:

Same here Forge, I thought there were some better guys available at around the same price tag. Don't mind Juice at FB and Garçon but outside of them it's been a little underwhelming. Seems we are only going after guys with connections to our coaches and have system/scheme knowledge. Might not be a bad idea considering we will be employing a new scheme on either side of the ball. Also there has to be some sort of factor of these FAs even willing to be a part of the rebuild we got going. Maybe in the next couple years after schemes and systems have been established and players can see our teams arrow pointing up we start going after some of the big fish.

Yeah, I really think Kyle has to show something in year 1, and after that he'll be able to attract free agents. As I've said before, we want to be able to draw free agents for football reasons, not just for whatever insane amount of money we're capable of throwing at them. If someone comes here only for the money, that's not the type of free agent we should want to build around. And so far, there are very few football reasons to come here. The best one is having worked with Kyle or another one of our coaches in the past and having a good relationship and solid hopes for the future. Until our team has shown something on the field, that's basically the only reason to come here.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
big9erfan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:

Zuttah played a lot of guard too. Given how small the game day rosters are you need a couple of C/G types so you can fill in during the game in case of injury.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:

Zuttah played a lot of guard too. Given how small the game day rosters are you need a couple of C/G types so you can fill in during the game in case of injury.

Good thing that we have three now. Hopefully one or two of them can prove to be starting caliber.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
big9erfan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fureys49ers wrote:
Forge wrote:
48 1/2ers wrote:

I hope it's a conscious decision on their part to sprinkle some guys onto the team that already know the system to help make the transition to what Shanny wants to run a little easier. That won't be a problem in a couple years when we could be bringing in anyone to add to a team that already knows the system. That's as opposed to Shanahan simply having a bias for guys he already knows. That would not be good. Ultimately he needs to get the best players he can whether they played for him in the past or not.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:

Good thing that we have three now. Hopefully one or two of them can prove to be starting caliber.

Zuttah should prove to be better than Kilgore. I expect him to win the starting job. I don't know if Kilgore will be able to beat out any of the other guards for a starting job. So I see him moving to our C/G backup on the game day roster.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: