Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vikings Sign RB Latavius Murray
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Buck wrote:
It sounds like we have just signed a "looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane" type of player to replace one of the best running backs of this generation.

This offseason just keeps getting better and better. All I can say is that I am looking forward to the draft - the 2018 draft, that is. This team is going NOWHERE in 2017 unless Mike Zimmer somehow gets the defense playing like the '85 Bears all season.

Tebow might be available. could save our season still.

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ambrose wrote:
TENINCH wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
So instead of just resigning AP or signing Jamaal Charles you sign Latavius Murray? Average signing. I see Minnesota falling off the map this year just like they did in the second half of the season.

Please we were 8-8 with a rotating door of offensive lineman. Barring a bunch of injuries we're a 10-13 win team.

The arrogance of this post...the team that won the NFC North was just as brutalized by injuries, if not more so.

Minnesota is still probably a 7-11 win team this season.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get the bickering in here.

Murray wasn't brought in to be a #1 back. He is a depth signing. You can see that by how he is being paid.

He is here to replace Matt Asiata. We improved on our pass blocking and he is a better runner than Matt Asiata.

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:

Murray wasn't brought in to be a #1 back. He is a depth signing. You can see that by how he is being paid.

He is here to replace Matt Asiata. We improved on our pass blocking and he is a better runner than Matt Asiata.

He will be the top RB until a replacement is drafted. I don't expect MN to spend an early pick on a RB this year to give Murray and McKinnon a chance, both players are essentially on one year deals.

Murray and McKinnon will likely split carries evenly, I'd think, with Murray filling Asiata's third down role.

2018 might be the year where MN brings in a top RB prospect.

This is reminiscent of 2006-2007. Chester Taylor starts for a year, Peterson is drafted the following year.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
gopherwrestler wrote:

He will be the top RB until a replacement is drafted. I don't expect MN to spend an early pick on a RB this year to give Murray and McKinnon a chance, both players are essentially on one year deals.

Murray and McKinnon will likely split carries evenly, I'd think, with Murray filling Asiata's third down role.

2018 might be the year where MN brings in a top RB prospect.

This is reminiscent of 2006-2007. Chester Taylor starts for a year, Peterson is drafted the following year.

Forgot all about Chester Taylor.. him and AP in AP's rookie year of 07 was one of the most fun RB duos in a single season I have ever seen.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minnesota can still get that top back this year, even without a 1st.

But that might mean trading up and we still have some depth problems after this season.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:

It seems ppl are choosing to over look common sense here. They're also forgetting the largest reason the Viking's OL was so bad was due to injuries and inconsistencies. Two things they have since been addressed with the start of FA, and will continue to improve greatly in May come draft time.

Nobody is forecasting a record breaking season by Murray, but the talent is there. The age is there. And the numbers were there. ( Friendly contract )

So with us having all of one RB under contract that is proven, we needed a guy like Latavius in the worst way.

FootballProdiG wrote:
I see Minnesota falling off the map this year just like they did in the second half of the season.
#5strong
daineraider

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isnt a bad signing by any means. Very little guaranteed money and LM isnt a bum. He doesnt have great vision and doesnt play as tough as he looks, but he is still serviceable. He is pretty fast for his size and breaks off some decent runs. Viking fans arent expecting prime Adrian Peterson #s from him. He is a middle of the pack type of back. We still dont even know if he will start. He is a very high character guy and im just not seeing any negatives from the signing.
G

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Murray is a solid back who was injured his first two years. I didn't expect him back because of the cost to committee approach we used last season. If he stays healthy he's a 1,000 yd back. Solid and a team player.
PapaShogun

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Buck wrote:
It sounds like we have just signed a "looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane" type of player to replace one of the best running backs of this generation.

This offseason just keeps getting better and better. All I can say is that I am looking forward to the draft - the 2018 draft, that is. This team is going NOWHERE in 2017 unless Mike Zimmer somehow gets the defense playing like the '85 Bears all season.
Just an outsider's opinion, but I don't think the franchise is going anywhere until they get a quality starter at QB. Vikings haven't seemed legitimate since 2009 when Favre was playing well. Bradford is just going to hold the franchise back.

- Five Time Super Bowl Champion San Francisco 49ers -
1981*1984*1988*1989*1994*
TENINCH

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ambrose wrote:

The arrogance of this post...the team that won the NFC North was just as brutalized by injuries, if not more so.

Were they forced to trade a first round pick so they could have some semblance of an offense?

Starting QB, Rb, Both Tackles all went down before week 4. I'd love to see that happen to the Packers.
TENINCH

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PapaShogun wrote:
Just an outsider's opinion, but I don't think the franchise is going anywhere until they get a quality starter at QB. Vikings haven't seemed legitimate since 2009 when Favre was playing well. Bradford is just going to hold the franchise back.

Bradford was fantastic last season and the absolute least of Minnesota's problems.
PapaShogun

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TENINCH wrote:
PapaShogun wrote:

Bradford was fantastic last season and the absolute least of Minnesota's problems.
So you think Bradford is a franchise quarterback?

- Five Time Super Bowl Champion San Francisco 49ers -
1981*1984*1988*1989*1994*
TENINCH

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PapaShogun wrote:
TENINCH wrote:
PapaShogun wrote:

So you think Bradford is a franchise quarterback?

Never said that. He's a good starter though and good enough to run Minnesota's offense for the next 3 or 4 years if the Vikings FO chooses him to.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its cool he won't wear 28 for AP, following in those footsteps is definitely a tall order

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 6 of 12

Jump to: