You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vikings Sign RB Latavius Murray
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frank Costello

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard from a few Raider fans that Murray actually was responsible for allowing the other RB's to produce so well. Correct me if I am wrong, but the Oakland running game regressed when he was injured ?

FootballProdiG wrote:
I see Minnesota falling off the map this year just like they did in the second half of the season.
#5strong
DC4_Life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank Costello wrote:
I've heard from a few Raider fans that Murray actually was responsible for allowing the other RB's to produce so well. Correct me if I am wrong, but the Oakland running game regressed when he was injured ?
they had their worst game of the year without him. However chiefs had raiders number this past year, football is a game of matchups..
DC4_Life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
He's 6'3" and 230lbs and ran a 4.38 40, but he doesn't play fast, is not explosive, runs with no balance, no physicality, no power, no toughness, no shiftiness, doesn't break tackles, is easily taken down, doesn't make people missed, has poor vision, doesn't offer much in the pass game besides making simple short catches, and his ball security is questionable, but it did got better. What you get is a good pass blocking RB, a short goal line TD machine, and a good locker room guy.

This characterization of Murray is innacurate. Latavius Murray is a good runningback. He was forced to play within an offense he wasn't suited for and never complained. He's a very similar player to DeMarco Murray and had the same struggles in Oakland last year DeMarco had in Philadelphia in 2015.

To say he doesn't play with power is disingenuous. Of all the backs on the Raiders' roster last year, Murray was the one who offered the most as a power running, especially at the second level. He's also reasonably explosive as a runner, with 5 20+ yard runs while averaging under 14 carries a game in 2016, and 9 in 2015 while averaging less than 17 carries a game. He also has a nose for the end zone when up close, which is supremely valuable for teams without a reliable red zone target.
I would say more so of this. Murray is a classic slasher.. best used making a cut and going forward... good blocker on 3rd down, not really a receiver out of backfield. Will break a few tackles, but you would think he would break more because of his frame(runs upright). My biggest complaint was his vision, left yards on the field by not seeing the field. he can be productive(with obvious holes in front) so I would say he is a average starting back in his prime
raiderrocker18

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank Costello wrote:
he was our only true power back... richard and washington are nice but not exactly guys who can bruise for tough yards. against the chiefs a power runner was pretty important.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank Costello wrote:

Richard and Washington were the change of pace and when they had to take on a bigger role, they were much less effective.
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Murray is VERY inconsistent. Had really good games vs ATL, Denver (1st time) and KC (2nd time). Had a lot of bad games where he looked clumsy and wasn't able to do anything with 1 on 1 opportunities with defenders.

It's a bit shallow, but 4.0 YPC behind our line is really not good.

Hopefully he bounces back though.
Carr is 22-25,no playoff games, I'd take Flacco over him.To me it seems like Flacco is just where he belongs. Behind the Brady, Roethlisberger,Rivers,Rodgers,Wilson and ahead of Carr,Tannehill,Cousins,Palmer,Dalton,Luck
RaiderX

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keysersoze3421 wrote:
If he looked mediocre behind Oakland's line, how will he fare behind Minnesota's?

To be fair, their OLine is more a pass protecting line. Our smaller backs had some explosive runs and Murray had some big games occasionally. Didn't get a ton of carries either.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DC4_Life wrote:
Frank Costello wrote:
they had their worst game of the year without him. However chiefs had raiders number this past year, football is a game of matchups..

Murray had fairly good numbers vs KC tho. Week 14 was a great example of how indecisive the staff is here when Murray was mowing down KC's defense and didn't run him enough.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
vikingshomer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well whatever he is, he is much better than what wet had last year and we got him for peanuts
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingshomer wrote:
Well whatever he is, he is much better than what wet had last year and we got him for peanuts

5 million a year is peanuts?

Honest question. If he averaged 4 yards a carry behind our line running out of shotgun, what will he do behind Minnesota's line when they run a lot of shotgun too?
Carr is 22-25,no playoff games, I'd take Flacco over him.To me it seems like Flacco is just where he belongs. Behind the Brady, Roethlisberger,Rivers,Rodgers,Wilson and ahead of Carr,Tannehill,Cousins,Palmer,Dalton,Luck
vikingshomer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
vikingshomer wrote:

Honest question. If he averaged 4 yards a carry behind our line running out of shotgun, what will he do behind Minnesota's line when they run a lot of shotgun too?
guaranteed money is the only thing that actually matters. If he sucks and we need cap space for something else, he can be cut for virtually no loss.

Murray's deal is for $15 million over three years, with $3.4 million guaranteed at signing, according to a league source. The running back can get another $5.15 million in guaranteed money if he's on the roster by the third day of the 2018 league year.
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
vikingshomer wrote:

He should do alot worse then in Oakland.
Murrary & Jones are both average at best players.
I would prefer to have taken Murray ($2.956M) + Jones ($3.75M) salarys, and parlay it in a better player with ($6.706M). Then use a draft picks on other positions.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take 4 yards per carry if it equals 12 TD's on the season.

You can nit pick a stat line from just about every player.

FootballProdiG wrote:
I see Minnesota falling off the map this year just like they did in the second half of the season.
#5strong
BayRaider

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingshomer wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:
vikingshomer wrote:

guaranteed money is the only thing that actually matters. If he sucks and we need cap space for something else, he can be cut for virtually no loss.

Murray's deal is for $15 million over three years, with $3.4 million guaranteed at signing, according to a league source. The running back can get another $5.15 million in guaranteed money if he's on the roster by the third day of the 2018 league year.

The first year isn't terrible (I definitely wouldn't give him 3.4M guaranteed) but it's only a one year commitment. If they Murray for 2018 though, the cap hit is 6.5M which is crazy. Unless Murray goes full AP mode, paying him 6.5M is absolutely asinine.
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank Costello wrote:
I'll take 4 yards per carry if it equals 12 TD's on the season.

You can nit pick a stat line from just about every player.

Laughing

You're kidding right? It's arguably the most important measure for any running back, especially considering it was behind a very good offensive line.

He had 12 touchdowns because he plays on a high powered offense that gets in the redzone quite a bit.

With all due respect, we were 6th in points per game. You guys were 28th.

I highly doubt he's gonna get the redzone carries to get close to that this year.

He does run well in the redzone and pass protect well. I will readily admit that.

The best part about this signing is the performance escalators and that you guys can get off it in one year.

I much rather would have seen minny add a dynamic back in the draft though.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 4 of 12

Jump to: