Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vikings Sign RB Latavius Murray
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaiderFanSD

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great team player. Very average back though
RoyalMajesty51o

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's 6'3" and 230lbs and ran a 4.38 40, but he doesn't play fast, is not explosive, runs with no balance, no physicality, no power, no toughness, no shiftiness, doesn't break tackles, is easily taken down, doesn't make people missed, has poor vision, doesn't offer much in the pass game besides making simple short catches, and his ball security is questionable, but it did got better. What you get is a good pass blocking RB, a short goal line TD machine, and a good locker room guy.

The Raiders already have RB-DeAndre Washington, RB-Jalen Richard, FB-Jamize Olawale, and even WR-Cordarrelle Patterson on gadget plays to make up for the lost of RB-Latavius Murray. Best of luck to Murray, but the Raiders are better off to go with what they have in the backfield and just add a bruising RB from the 2017 NFL Draft than resign RB-Latavius Murray.
TENINCH

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

11sanchez11 wrote:
TENINCH wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:
So instead of just resigning AP or signing Jamaal Charles you sign Latavius Murray? Average signing. I see Minnesota falling off the map this year just like they did in the second half of the season.

Please we were 8-8 with a rotating door of offensive lineman. Barring a bunch of injuries we're a 10-13 win team.
yeah, and every other team was perfectly healthy.

Find me another team their lost their Starting QB, Starting RB, Both Starting Tackles, Starting DT, all before week 4. They brought in another LT and he got injured too.
TENINCH

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayRaider wrote:

You're definitely over exaggerating there. Murray is OK is catching the ball, as long as it is a very very simple kind of route. He will also drop wide open passes with no defender around.

Good pass blocker, yes.

Keep him out of shotgun though. He is a pure under center back. Richard and Washington were way more effective out of shotgun. Watching a Murray shotgun run is not pretty and looks awkward.

Compared to Peterson I don't think I'm exaggerating at all. Peterson was rarely on the field on 3rd downs. He was a horrible blocker and receiver. He's only eclipsed 40 catches twice in his career.
91jmay

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Latavius can be a marginally above average back because he is a good open field runner. He has really bad hands though, not sure how he can be relied upon as a 3rd down back.
BABYLON 5

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Latavius Murray beast out this season,Wish nothing but the best for him,He didn't have much yards last season but i believe he is above-average running back you got to love the kid

Sig by BenderRodriguez

Last edited by BABYLON 5 on Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:01 am; edited 1 time in total
oakdb36

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Murray is a good player to have. I doubt he got paid a lot so that's a solid signing.
DingoLadd

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean considering what Minnesota had in the backfield last year (Plodders and Injury prone RBs) anything that helps them get a running game is a solid addition, Murray's pass blocking is probably the main thing he'll be used for and as a goal line back of course.

Long live Phillip Rivers and his constant carrying of this god awful team.

Also go (South Carolina) Charleston Dingoes. Looking for a co-owner for a fantasy team so PM me please.
iothar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Runs way to vertical. Doesn't know how to lower his pads correctly. Backups were better.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Murray is a good player to have. I doubt he got paid a lot so that's a solid signing.

Hopefully it's not too much. I like what Murray offers in pass protection. I don't have high expectations but he should be an upgrade over what Asiata provided last year. MN will likely use all 3 RBs (including a rookie) as part of a regular rotation.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he looked mediocre behind Oakland's line, how will he fare behind Minnesota's?

animaltested wrote:
On a scale from Kitten to Hitler, being close minded about music, and only listening to one or two genres is about a Boss Tweed.
VIKINGS101011

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keysersoze3421 wrote:
If he looked mediocre behind Oakland's line, how will he fare behind Minnesota's?

Probably not very well.

I'm alright with this as long as we still grab a RB with one of our 3rd/4th rounders, preferably 3rd. O-Line with the 2nd of course.
keysersoze3421

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VIKINGS101011 wrote:
keysersoze3421 wrote:

Probably not very well.

I'm alright with this as long as we still grab a RB with one of our 3rd/4th rounders, preferably 3rd. O-Line with the 2nd of course.

Maybe better than last year though. Reiff and Remmers are upgrades, and Boone is solid. Berger and Sirles are filling out the line, right? I don't know anything about them.

animaltested wrote:
On a scale from Kitten to Hitler, being close minded about music, and only listening to one or two genres is about a Boss Tweed.
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
He's 6'3" and 230lbs and ran a 4.38 40, but he doesn't play fast, is not explosive, runs with no balance, no physicality, no power, no toughness, no shiftiness, doesn't break tackles, is easily taken down, doesn't make people missed, has poor vision, doesn't offer much in the pass game besides making simple short catches, and his ball security is questionable, but it did got better. What you get is a good pass blocking RB, a short goal line TD machine, and a good locker room guy.

This characterization of Murray is innacurate. Latavius Murray is a good runningback. He was forced to play within an offense he wasn't suited for and never complained. He's a very similar player to DeMarco Murray and had the same struggles in Oakland last year DeMarco had in Philadelphia in 2015.

To say he doesn't play with power is disingenuous. Of all the backs on the Raiders' roster last year, Murray was the one who offered the most as a power running, especially at the second level. He's also reasonably explosive as a runner, with 5 20+ yard runs while averaging under 14 carries a game in 2016, and 9 in 2015 while averaging less than 17 carries a game. He also has a nose for the end zone when up close, which is supremely valuable for teams without a reliable red zone target.
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why did Peterson never learn to pass block? It's just odd that some one as naturally gifted and the best RB of his generation couldnt figure it out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 2 of 12

Jump to: