You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agency Thread v2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54, 55  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigD1123

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OG_C2X wrote:
Zach Orr anyone?

Yes please. If the spinal thing checks out he seems like just the kind of guy that we need and that Reg may swoop in and grab. Even though he is a tackling machine MOST teams are filled up at their starting spots. All except those teams that had a big need and didn't adequately address it. And out of 32 teams what teams didn't adequately address the MLB spot? I can think of one lol. That being said I think the lack of actual need may play into our favor here. And with him being a young vet who's play in getting better I would think Reg would be all over it. The thing I would wonder about is fit. In Baltimore he played 34 MLB. We play a lot of Nickel and 43. I have no doubt he would be an improvement over what we have and over what we had last yr. I just wonder if he would be interested in playing in something besides that 34 base.
NightTrainLane

Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigD1123 wrote:
OG_C2X wrote:
Zach Orr anyone?

Yes please. If the spinal thing checks out he seems like just the kind of guy that we need and that Reg may swoop in and grab. Even though he is a tackling machine MOST teams are filled up at their starting spots. All except those teams that had a big need and didn't adequately address it. And out of 32 teams what teams didn't adequately address the MLB spot? I can think of one lol. That being said I think the lack of actual need may play into our favor here. And with him being a young vet who's play in getting better I would think Reg would be all over it. The thing I would wonder about is fit. In Baltimore he played 34 MLB. We play a lot of Nickel and 43. I have no doubt he would be an improvement over what we have and over what we had last yr. I just wonder if he would be interested in playing in something besides that 34 base.

Looking at skill set, attributes and testing he seems like a WLB in our system.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When in coverage Orr allowed 638 yards receiving, the second-most at his position in 2016. His 1.29 yards per cover snap was fourth-highest of all inside linebackers with at least 300 snaps in coverage.

Poor in coverage but pretty good in run D. I don't think he's good enough to take the risk on his health.
raiderrocker18

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its not like prime derrick brooks is going to be a camp cut.

we cant really be picky
NightTrainLane

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Quote:
When in coverage Orr allowed 638 yards receiving, the second-most at his position in 2016. His 1.29 yards per cover snap was fourth-highest of all inside linebackers with at least 300 snaps in coverage.

Poor in coverage but pretty good in run D. I don't think he's good enough to take the risk on his health.

Yuck!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that Gabe is paid I wonder how much dough we have left
SBXISBXVSBXVIII

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carr and Jackson got paid. Mack and Cooper will get theirs too. What's everyone's take on how these 4 contracts are going to do to the team as a whole as far as having enough money for others. Reggie is amazing with contracts, but theres only so much salary cap.
NightTrainLane

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SBXISBXVSBXVIII wrote:
Carr and Jackson got paid. Mack and Cooper will get theirs too. What's everyone's take on how these 4 contracts are going to do to the team as a whole as far as having enough money for others. Reggie is amazing with contracts, but theres only so much salary cap.

As long as the cap keeps going up atleast 10 mil a yr and we keep drafting relatively well we should be ok for the next 3-4 years. The draft picks will have to replace guys like Nelson, SSmith, Penn, Seabass, Howard, Carrie, Autry, LSmith, Condo, TJones, Heeney and Ball over that time period. That takes their cap hit and replaces them with rookie deals and saves our space for our main guys extensions.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So much for Dorial Green-Beckham's career, but he is 6'5.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:

I bought in. I thought he had game changing ability. He's a mental midget clearly. All the physical talent, nothing between the ears.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
raidr4life wrote:

I bought in. I thought he had game changing ability. He's a mental midget clearly. All the physical talent, nothing between the ears.

I remember in CC there were a few guys that looked like NFL players to me in person but just couldn't get with it in the classroom or filmroom. Some were just not very intelligent, focused or dedicated and others had legit learning disablilties (Dyscalculia, Dyslexia, Visual Perceptual/Visual Motor Deficit). I remember feeling so bad because these guys would be killing guys on the practice field and in the gym but when the coach would call plays or ask about assignments in the film room it was cringe after cringe. I even tried to help a guy I went to high school with learn the playbook. He literally had to watch me draw out and explain plays. Then we'd have to run through them on the field many times with the calls before he started to retain info. Was brutal. At the higher levels I can imagine how little patience there is for that just watching our coaches frustrations with it at the low levels.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 cuts today 2 linebackers one being Ball. Any idea if we may be looking at someone inparticular? Like maybe Riley who has a sleeper name?
Dessie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we currently at $18m in salary cap space? If so do we think we will still sign Perry Riley? Reggie normally likes to have $7-8m spare it seems so I'd assume we have $10m to spend?
NightTrainLane

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
Are we currently at $18m in salary cap space? If so do we think we will still sign Perry Riley? Reggie normally likes to have $7-8m spare it seems so I'd assume we have $10m to spend?

We aren't sure what the Raiders cap # is right now because we don't know for certain how Gabe's extension is applied to our remaining cap. It could be that 10mil or so of Gabe's extension is applied to this year's cap as this one guy(https://twitter.com/corryjoel/status/883413676304211968) has reported. He is the only source stating this at the moment and no official or reputable sites have confirmed it.

Or it could be a true extension where the deal starts next year and that 10mil is still available.

Regardless of this fact, we have to remember that Conley and Obi still haven't signed and they will be around a 2mil and 1mil cap hit respectively. So, before the season starts we will have that 3mil gone (hopefully.)

So, we could still sign Riley if the coaches see the need but right now I doubt that happens unless someone goes down with an injury. We have already seen Jenkins, Heeney, Cowser and Lee being held out of one aspect or another of camp or OTAs due to minor issues and we have cut Ball and Mulumba and signed others in their place to reach the full 90. You would think they would like to have Riley in early if they envisioned him as a piece of the defense but they haven't even mentioned him as an option.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigD1123 wrote:
3 cuts today 2 linebackers one being Ball. Any idea if we may be looking at someone inparticular? Like maybe Riley who has a sleeper name?
Ball must be hurt still. on the field only probably the best LB we have outside of Irvin.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 53 of 55

Jump to: