Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agency Thread v2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Hopefully, the coinciding move to Williams' release is a trade for Sheldon Richardson. It doesn't adress the NT spot but it would give a clear boost to our interior dline. And Richardson is a 3 down player, Williams isn't.

They want the cap room. So adding a premier player seems counter productive to that no?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Hopefully, the coinciding move to Williams' release is a trade for Sheldon Richardson. It doesn't adress the NT spot but it would give a clear boost to our interior dline. And Richardson is a 3 down player, Williams isn't.

They want the cap room. So adding a premier player seems counter productive to that no?

Do we know what they want the cap room for? Could be to extend Carr and Jackson. Could be to sign Lynch. Could be to afford someone else on top of all that. I understand the latest is pure speculation.
I'd say the timing makes me think it's not directly related to Carr/Jackson though.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Kendricks the only other player I could see us trading for besides Richardson.

But I think this was just something that was going to happen regardless. I mean I was never counting on Williams to play this year. For us at least.
RoyalMajesty51o

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope to God Justin Ellis can break out and be our answer at NT. It is the last year of his rookie contract as well. I would assume that would light a fire and motivate him to ball out next season, but I highly doubt it.

I think Reggie is going to wait until during the preseason when teams will have their roster cuts for their 53 players roster and any surprising roster cuts from now until the preseason to address the NT position. We have way too many needs (MLB/WLB, SS/FS, RT, CB, slot WR, and SS depth) to address during the 2017 NFL Draft that we won't be able to find a rookie NT that can come in and impact the defense right away, but I'm hoping Reggie still have some magic juice left to find a rookie NT that's in shape, is a space eater, can occupy blockers, control his gaps, can't be move, and keep our LBs clean with one of his late round draft picks or even through the undrafted market just like when he found P-Marquette King, WR-Seth Roberts, LDE/RDE-Denico Autry, RB-Jalen Richard, RB-Latavius Murray, RB-DeAndre Washington, TE-Mychal Rivera, LG-Vadal Alexander, and CB-T.J. Carrie. All guys were drafted late or went undrafted.

Last edited by RoyalMajesty51o on Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Big Rob

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where are we at cap wise now?

really need Jelly to step up, a long with MEJ, Lathum and Ward.
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Rob wrote:

I saw the number $67M thrown around before cutting Williams. Not sure how accurate that was though.

#JihadWard
First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
Big Rob wrote:

I saw the number $67M thrown around before cutting Williams. Not sure how accurate that was though.

67M was probably for next season. For 2017, we have 32M still available.
RoyalMajesty51o

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
I read Riley Jr. might retire if he doesn't get close to what he wants. That sure would suck. Shocked

It wouldn't suck at all. Reggie tried to sign him before Free Agency starts, but Riley Jr. was way over his head. Then when Free Agency started, I don't think I heard any teams wanted him in for a visit or schedule a meeting with him. This doesn't surprised me at all because we always been a fan base that overvalued our players, but Perry Riley Jr. top the list over Chaz Schilens, David Amerson, Denarius Moore, David Ausberry, Matt McGloin, and even Terrelle Pryor. I seriously don't get why he got so much love for being just a ordinary player.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:
I read Riley Jr. might retire if he doesn't get close to what he wants. That sure would suck. Shocked

It wouldn't suck at all. Reggie tried to sign him before Free Agency starts, but Riley Jr. was way over his head. Then when Free Agency started, I don't think I heard any teams wanted him in for a visit or schedule a meeting with him. This doesn't surprised me at all because we always been a fan base that overvalued our players, but Perry Riley Jr. top the list over Chaz Schilens, David Amerson, Denarius Moore, David Ausberry, Matt McGloin, and even Terrelle Pryor. I seriously don't get why he got so much love for being just a ordinary player.

Because he was better than Burris and Heeney.

I'm with oakdb. Curious to see what we want the room for. Maybe it is just for resigning. We definitely need to fortify our interior though
NightTrainLane

Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:

I'm with oakdb. Curious to see what we want the room for. Maybe it is just for resigning. We definitely need to fortify our interior though

I agree 88. I don't think he got a ton of love. But he is getting acknowledged as being our best ILB on the year. A guy that came to the team on week 5, learned the defense and vastly improved our play. Yes, he is an average player. But we need average player too. Now if he is asking for 5mil a year or something then I understand the holdup but average start money for ILB is around $3.5-4mil a year. I think he is worth that on a 2 year deal we can get out of after one year.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:

I agree 88. I don't think he got a ton of love. But he is getting acknowledged as being our best ILB on the year. A guy that came to the team on week 5, learned the defense and vastly improved our play. Yes, he is an average player. But we need average player too. Now if he is asking for 5mil a year or something then I understand the holdup but average start money for ILB is around $3.5-4mil a year. I think he is worth that on a 2 year deal we can get out of after one year.
Zach Brown got less than that. Just saying.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:

Here you go the big signing...
Quote:
The Raiders signed kicker Giorgio Tavecchio, the team announced Wednesday. Tavecchio.
Dessie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Del Rio hinted at a change of scheme at the Combine so maybe that has some bearing on the Williams release and might indicate a different type of DT player he is looking for.

Quote:
Del Rio also acknowledged the Raiders must tweak their defensive scheme to generate more heat on opposing quarterbacks.

“Part of it is that our attack needs to become a little more attacking,” Del Rio said. “There was a little too much catch-and-read at the line, which system-wise, we’re looking at to make sure we’re teeing off and doing the things we need to do to give those guys a chance"

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/oakland-raiders-nfl-scouting-combine-jack-del-rio-coach-silver-and-black-nfl-draft/1nj5mzeuoty9p1jo5gdrtzfdlo
raidr4life

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
Del Rio hinted at a change of scheme at the Combine so maybe that has some bearing on the Williams release and might indicate a different type of DT player he is looking for.

Quote:
Del Rio also acknowledged the Raiders must tweak their defensive scheme to generate more heat on opposing quarterbacks.

“Part of it is that our attack needs to become a little more attacking,” Del Rio said. “There was a little too much catch-and-read at the line, which system-wise, we’re looking at to make sure we’re teeing off and doing the things we need to do to give those guys a chance"

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/oakland-raiders-nfl-scouting-combine-jack-del-rio-coach-silver-and-black-nfl-draft/1nj5mzeuoty9p1jo5gdrtzfdlo
Exactly! That's where I think Pagano is going to have an impact.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We signed Georgio Tavechio. Finally, the move we've all been waiting for

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 42 of 53

Jump to: