Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agency Thread v2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 48, 49, 50  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Adam Caplan‏Verified account
@caplannfl

So #Raiders re-signed LS Jon Condo; signed QB E.J. Manuel and LB Jelani Jenkins today.

Synyster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zach brown is using maimi as leverage we'll see just how much of a priority he is to us i think he wants to be here
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah apparently both sides have been talking since he left and negotiations have gotten better. Can't blame the guy for wanting his money. We'll see if it works out
raiderrocker18

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Yeah apparently both sides have been talking since he left and negotiations have gotten better. Can't blame the guy for wanting his money. We'll see if it works out
link or source for this? dont doubt you, just curious where you got it from
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raiderrocker18 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.thephinsider.com/platform/amp/2017/3/20/14983492/miami-dolphins-free-agent-zach-brown-oakland-raiders-buffalo-bills

They guy also said we offered him well below market value, which he claims is 5 mil. He says he's a former teammate and good friend of Brown.

I might do some research

Update: the guy definitely played for UNC as a RB. Seems legit I guess
NightTrainLane

Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
raiderrocker18 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.thephinsider.com/platform/amp/2017/3/20/14983492/miami-dolphins-free-agent-zach-brown-oakland-raiders-buffalo-bills

They guy also said we offered him well below market value, which he claims is 5 mil. He says he's a former teammate and good friend of Brown.

I might do some research

Thanks for the news on Brown. It helps those of us starved for info or news and who have been wanting this for a long time.

Either way it seems like Reggie and Brown are playing it smart and it also seems like Riley will wait til Brown signs to go for a deal. That is a good thing for us. Totally my opinion on the latter part based on absolute no news or even mentions of him on the market.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keenan Robinson back with the Giants.
NightTrainLane

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like EJ Manuel is definitely gunning for the backup spot. I've seen opinions all over the place on how he'll fair but one thing is clear. Reggie stuck to one of his core points in creating competition.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
raiderrocker18 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

I might do some research

Not sure how much ILB/MLB/WLB-Zach Brown wants, but this was my point a few pages ago. Why sign TE-Jared Cook to 2 years $12.2 mil when we can use that money that might cover most of what ILB/MLB/WLB-Zach Brown wants? Brown is a player that fills a huge need for us and can help out SS/FS-Karl Joseph, SLB-Bruce Irvin, and LDE-Khalil Mack on defense? Brown can tackle, cover, get after the quarterback, and will only be 28-years-old.
NightTrainLane

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
raiderrocker18 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

I might do some research

Not sure how much ILB/MLB/WLB-Zach Brown wants, but this was my point a few pages ago. Why sign TE-Jared Cook to 2 years $12.2 mil when we can use that money that might cover most of what ILB/MLB/WLB-Zach Brown wants? Brown is a player that fills a huge need for us and can help out SS/FS-Karl Joseph, SLB-Bruce Irvin, and LDE-Khalil Mack on defense? Brown can tackle, cover, get after the quarterback, and will only be 28-years-old.

Because Reggie knows he can get both and see that if we can't get Brown down from his # then we can probably get Riley back for much cheaper. They are negotiating. Each side will go as far as they need to.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
raiderrocker18 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

I might do some research

Im sure somebody said this a few pages ago too, those signings are not stopping us from signing Brown, the fact is he wants more than what Reggie is willing to pay him right now. We have plenty of cap space but Reggie isn't overpaying.
RoyalMajesty51o

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
raiderrocker18 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

I might do some research

Im sure somebody said this a few pages ago too, those signings are not stopping us from signing Brown, the fact is he wants more than what Reggie is willing to pay him right now. We have plenty of cap space but Reggie isn't overpaying.

I get that we currently have plenty of cap space, but we overpaid for TE-Jared Cook and a TE is a lesser need than a MLB and WLB. Some guy said that Brown got a $5 mil offer from Reggie. Let's just say if that is indeed true and let's just say we can get Brown at $7 mil per year. I would rather have Reggie get ILB/MLB/WLB-Zach Brown at 1 year $7 mil, 2 years $14 mil, 3 years $21 mil, or such than get TE-Jared Cook at 2 years $12.2 mil. Hell, I was hoping we would cut NT-Dan Williams and his $4.5 mil contract to replace him with NT-Bennie Logan at 1 year $8 mil. That's only a $3.5 mil difference that we can easily afford to upgrade at a huge position of need.
RoyalMajesty51o

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:
RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
raiderrocker18 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

I might do some research

Because Reggie knows he can get both and see that if we can't get Brown down from his # then we can probably get Riley back for much cheaper. They are negotiating. Each side will go as far as they need to.

The difference is Brown is a three down player that's instinctive, faster, younger, can tackle, cover, shed, and get after the QB whereas Riley is a two down player that gets eat up, toss around, and a liability in coverage and will get shredded by QBs like Tom Brady, Phillip Rivers, Alex Smith, and so on. Why sign a cheaper player that's average at best when you can get a Pro Bowl LB for only a few extra mil? Perry Riley Jr. is ridiculously overvalued around here.
Dessie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
raiderrocker18 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

I might do some research

I get that we currently have plenty of cap space, but we overpaid for TE-Jared Cook and a TE is a lesser need than a MLB and WLB. Some guy said that Brown got a $5 mil offer from Reggie. Let's just say if that is indeed true and let's just say we can get Brown at $7 mil per year. I would rather have Reggie get ILB/MLB/WLB-Zach Brown at 1 year $7 mil, 2 years $14 mil, 3 years $21 mil, or such than get TE-Jared Cook at 2 years $12.2 mil. Hell, I was hoping we would cut NT-Dan Williams and his $4.5 mil contract to replace him with NT-Bennie Logan at 1 year $8 mil. That's only a $3.5 mil difference that we can easily afford to upgrade at a huge position of need.

Paying an extra $3.5m for a 2 down NT is the sort of deal that would prevent us getting Brown. If we get a NT he needs to be capable of playing in nickel looks. Getting another weapon for Carr for $5m a year is a good deal as well.
NightTrainLane

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
raiderrocker18 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

I might do some research

The difference is Brown is a three down player that's instinctive, faster, younger, can tackle, cover, shed, and get after the QB whereas Riley is a two down player that gets eat up, toss around, and a liability in coverage and will get shredded by QBs like Tom Brady, Phillip Rivers, Alex Smith, and so on. Why sign a cheaper player that's average at best when you can get a Pro Bowl LB for only a few extra mil? Perry Riley Jr. is ridiculously overvalued around here.

Your undervaluing Riley. And Reggie is after the best deal he can make for the future of the team as he and his staff sees it. If that is signing Brown to what he asks then they will do that. If they don't believe it is in the best interest of the team's financial future to give him that kind of money they won't. Ton to considered. It's not just about Brown being the better player.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 18 of 50

Jump to: