You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agency Thread v2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 53, 54, 55  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blazer026

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda disappointed we didn't bring Holmes back.

Really like him on ST, and thought he was underrated as a WR.
Dessie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
badmoon8081 wrote:
Another ILB off the market. Minter gonna sign with the Bengals. So really just Riley Jr. and Brown left.

We need to get Riley back. Our projected starters at linebacker are two of: Ben Heeney/Corey James/Neiron Ball.

Still quite a few players left for LB.Riley, Hodges and Brown are still on the market as possible Mikes, Spence and Robinson are more cover LBs.

Reggie isn't afraid to give young players their chance so I wouldn't be surprised if we only brought in one and James got a chance.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:

Reggie isn't afraid to give young players their chance so I wouldn't be surprised if we only brought in one and James got a chance.

That sounds like what he did with Heeney last year so hopefully not.
Dessie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Dessie wrote:

Heeney flashed potential in 15 and many thought he was worth a shot. He got banged up in pre season and never looked right. Obviously the coaches thought he was capable. Not sure him and Smith were ever going to be a fit tbh. Heeney needs a Riley type alongside him. James is similar in that respect.
NickButera

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised Zach Brown hast visited anyone else. Hodges is still out there too. Indy just signed Sean Spence,. Free agency is cooling down, it's a buyer's market now

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
RoyalMajesty51o

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Dessie wrote:

Heeney flashed potential in 15 and many thought he was worth a shot. He got banged up in pre season and never looked right. Obviously the coaches thought he was capable. Not sure him and Smith were ever going to be a fit tbh. Heeney needs a Riley type alongside him. James is similar in that respect.

Many? Like who? I can honestly answer this question with 100% certainty that many of us didn't expect him to be a starter or the future MLB of this franchise. Depth guy? Fine, but as a starter? No way. He was undersized with average instincts at best that missed too many tackles, can't shed, guesses way too many times, and a liability in coverage coming out of college. He was a 5th round pick for a reason.
RoyalMajesty51o

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
Surprised Zach Brown hast visited anyone else. Hodges is still out there too. Indy just signed Sean Spence,. Free agency is cooling down, it's a buyer's market now

Dude is over his head. He probably thinks he's worth Hightower, Kuechly, Wagner type of money. If Reggie gave WR-Cordarrelle Patterson the chance to earn up to $7 mil while earning no less than $5.25 mil in year 1 of his contract for a KR/WR #4 and signing a mediocre TE at best in TE-Jared Cook to 2 years $12.2 mil, what does that tell you? I don't believe one bit that Reggie gave Brown a lowball offer. My guess is Reggie gave him somewhere between $6 mil to $7 mil per year contract, which is more than reasonable for a guy that finally broke out if you ask me, but he got offended. I seen his tweets and looks like he took it personal.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the chances Neiron Ball stays healthy?
holyghost

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
What are the chances Neiron Ball stays healthy?

Roll of the dice. But certainly not something to plan anything around. We'll be drafting a linebacker(s) no doubt. And I wouldn't be surprised at a FA pickup there too, even if it ends up being Riley.
NightTrainLane

Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
NickButera wrote:

Dude is over his head. He probably thinks he's worth Hightower, Kuechly, Wagner type of money. If Reggie gave WR-Cordarrelle Patterson the chance to earn up to $7 mil while earning no less than $5.25 mil in year 1 of his contract for a KR/WR #4 and signing a mediocre TE at best in TE-Jared Cook to 2 years $12.2 mil, what does that tell you? I don't believe one bit that Reggie gave Brown a lowball offer. My guess is Reggie gave him somewhere between $6 mil to $7 mil per year contract, which is more than reasonable for a guy that finally broke out if you ask me, but he got offended. I seen his tweets and looks like he took it personal.

I disagree that he finally broke out. If personal groups were paying attention, he was a good to great LB from the time he entered the league. He needed to prove he was back 100% from injury after 2014 and needed the right system that let him roam the middle, which is why he got a prove it deal in 2015. And he proved it. I bet he wants 7mil a year and we offered 6mil. Doesn't have to be offended to hold out for what you think you're worth.

AJ Klein got the kind of deal you give a guy on the rise that you feel may fill you MLB spot but havent witnessed him do it fulltime. That is the kind of deal Brown would have gotten last year if he hadn't gotten injured. But he did and had to prove himself and did. Now he is worth more than that Klein deal.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:
RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
NickButera wrote:

I disagree that he finally broke out. If personal groups were paying attention, he was a good to great LB from the time he entered the league. He needed to prove he was back 100% from injury after 2014 and needed the right system that let him roam the middle, which is why he got a prove it deal in 2015. And he proved it. I bet he wants 7mil a year and we offered 6mil. Doesn't have to be offended to hold out for what you think you're worth.

AJ Klein got the kind of deal you give a guy on the rise that you feel may fill you MLB spot but havent witnessed him do it fulltime. That is the kind of deal Brown would have gotten last year if he hadn't gotten injured. But he did and had to prove himself and did. Now he is worth more than that Klein deal.
$7mil should do it, if he wants more than that then he is going to be disappointed.
NightTrainLane

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
NickButera wrote:

$7mil should do it, if he wants more than that then he is going to be disappointed.

Could be. Still alot of teams out there that need MLB help. Depends on how the contract is structured but I wouldn't count out an AAV of over 7 for him yet.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:
RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
NickButera wrote:

I wasn't saying he was a bad player or any of that nature, but he really broke out and put it all together last season. A Pro Bowler that was always around the football from tackling, coverage, getting after the QB, and so on. He had 149 tackles! I know how much you love those tackle stats Wink
NightTrainLane

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
NickButera wrote:

I wasn't saying he was a bad player or any of that nature, but he really broke out and put it all together last season. A Pro Bowler that was always around the football from tackling, coverage, getting after the QB, and so on. He had 149 tackles! I know how much you love those tackle stats Wink

Yes, tackles are one way to measure a defensive players production. Only part of the picture. But not meaningless as you would suggest by constantly bring up that I mentioned it like a month ago.

I know you weren't saying that he was bad. But you were saying that he JUST showed that he worth top MLB money. I disagreed and gave you the reasons why.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Players still available in FA I think could help our team...

RB Tim Hightower
DE Chris Long
DT Jonathan Hankins
LB Zach Brown
LB Perry Riley Jr
CB Nickell Robey-Coleman
CB/S Corey Graham

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 16 of 55

Jump to: