You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

REDandPEWTERS post FA mock draft 1.0

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:07 pm    Post subject: REDandPEWTERS post FA mock draft 1.0 Reply with quote

After free agency, there may be a couple moves. Will Doug Martin be released?

Draft:

1st round: Jabril Peppers Safety Michigan
- peppers can cover the athletic TEs of today's NFL 1-1 something that we currently do not have. He has side line to sideline speed and he's versatile. Something licht looks for in players.

2nd round: Jake Butt TE Michigan
- get him before Dallas steals him. Because Jake Butt is the #3 TE in this draft. He's a blocker and pass catcher. He may not be available until November but so what. This is long term potential. To me he showed more on film than Howard has as a pass catcher. The media thinks his injury is going to kick him to round 3 or 4. Not happening.

3rd round: Chris Godwin WR penn state.
- weapons for Winston? Godwin can stretch the field vertically and provides excellent depth and a long term number two receiver potential.

4th round: James Connor RB Pittsburgh
- Jason licht goes after players who just have relentless work ethic and drive. Connor shows heart and determination for what he's overcome battling a torn acl in 2014 and cancer 2015. He's a beast and something we have not had since allstott at RB.

5th round : Avery Moss DE Youngstown star
- small school prospect who is quick off the edge and good against the run. Provides great depth at DE with long term upside.

6th round: JJ dielman Center Utah
- athletic center with very good strength. Can fill our center void long term?

7th round: Brandon Bell Linebacker Penn state
- dude can hit and gives our Lb core some depth out of linebacker U.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dig it
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like everything after round 2, first two rounds are MEH

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:

yeah depending how the 1st round plays out I'd be okay with Peppers but I wouldn't touch Butte until atleast the 4th and I would rather not select him at all.

Also for me switch out Conner for Samaje Perine and I could dig it
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ABucNBradenton wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:

yeah depending how the 1st round plays out I'd be okay with Peppers but I wouldn't touch Butte until atleast the 4th and I would rather not select him at all.

Also for me switch out Conner for Samaje Perine and I could dig it

Please explain why you wouldn't touch Butt until round 4? This guy before his injury was a late 1-early 2nd round talent. He did tear his acl. If he's on track with his rehab he will go in round 2 and that team will get a stud player.

So what if he can't contribute early next year or next year at all. We're talking about long term here.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it was round 4, i'd be about it. I feel like we are close, getting guys that wont help this year.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peppers and Butt have pro bowl talent. No complaints there just think Jake may fall into the third. That said, I'll be cool taking him there. Can work him in there slowly then by 2018 takeover as the man.

Godwin is good value. We need depth behind Humphries and can bring along slowly. Connor provides that big back we sorely lacking. Perfect draft, send this to Licht.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
If it was round 4, i'd be about it. I feel like we are close, getting guys that wont help this year.

The question I ask you is, how much production do you normally get from a rookie, preferrebly the second round draft picks?
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:

The question I ask you is, how much production do you normally get from a rookie, preferrebly the second round draft picks?

Well front smith and Marpet we got instant starters that haven't missed a game, last year we got Spence who played well through injuries...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:

Well front smith and Marpet we got instant starters that haven't missed a game, last year we got Spence who played well through injuries...

true
maybe we should be like the pats and just trade trade trade for 2nd round picks

ever since ive been a bucs fan( which was in the late 90's when I learned about football) we've never had multiple 1st round picks
I wish I could just have that feeling lmao idk what I would do
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:

Depends on the position honestly and the pieces around them...

Rammy on the sig...
RIP "El Fenomeno" - Oscar Taveras
Buc Ball

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting draft. I dunno how I'd feel about it if it turned out this way, but it's certainly realistic.

Peppers seems to be much more in play than first thought due to resigning Conte. Smith moving back to CB means we're quite thin at safety and Peppers would give us a strong safety with range and ability to cover TEs and slots.

That gives us a better pass defence out of our base defence and allows to mix coverages up in nickel. With Devante Bond likely being our SLB and the addition of Baker, it should be a compliment to what looks like a solid run defence.

Provided Butt is relatively healthy and we're comfortable that his knee will get back to 100%, I don't see why we wouldn't make the pick. We wouldnt get much if anything out of him this season, but TEs historically don't start properly contributing until year 2. Effectively red shirting a guy who, but for a fairly serious injury, could have been a late first/ early second type guy is a good long term move.

The rest gives us good pieces and depth. I can't help but think oline is in play though. It would also be a bit disappointing to not go after Dline help earlier, given the depth in this class.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: