Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mid FA ROCK MOCK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: Mid FA ROCK MOCK Reply with quote

So I'm kind of bummed about Hightower would have loved him but it's not the end of the world. Just liked the idea of a 3 down versatile LB. Might as well lay out my plan for the rest of the off season and draft then.

FA
Bradley McDougald (FS) - Very nice centerfield safety and only 26.
Zack Brown (ILB) - Athletic speedy ILB to pair with Lee only 27.
Zack Line (FB) - New offense wants to ground and pound and play action, requires a FB
Justin Hunter (WR) - Flashed at times that he may be figuring it out. Redzone 5th-6th WR type to push the young guys.
Brock Osweiler (QB) - His contract is offset so we can basically pay him 1M and CLE can pick up the remaining 15M. Basically a free look at him. Still young.

Cuts
Gilchrist
Harris
Decker
Forte

Trade
Dallas trades #92 for sheldon. They want to make a run at the superbowl and a guy like Sheldon can be a game changer. Worst case he's a rental if they don't resign him and basically get their pick back once he signs elsewhere as a comp. Win win for them.

Draft
#6 - OJ Howard - Complete 3 down TE to build around. Game changer ability
#38 - Ahkello Witherspoon (CB) - #1 CB potential, great size and speed
#70 - Derek Rivers (OLB) - Just about as explosive as it gets off the edge
#92 - Joe Mixon (RB) - He's a big risk but why not at this point. most of the sure things are gone and he's everything you want in a RB. For a team in major need of talent we risk a late third for a top talent. We bite the bullet and flip the media saying we are helping him in his recovery.
(comp 3rd) - Duke Riley (ILB) - Will start out as a special teams guy but extremely athletic LB who in a year or two could slide in next to Lee forming a great duo for the future after Brown is gone.
#134 - Jalen Myrick (CB) - Would be our immediate KR/PR guy and be groomed behind Skrine. He's a bit tight in the hips and needs much work but you can't teach 4.2 speed so he's worth a shot here in round 5.
#166- Christopher Carson (RB) - yep a double dip at RB. With Mixon as a risk and Carson being a bruising back (plus a guy I really like and us wanting to run more) we add a power back in the 6th. With Bilal being early in 2017 we could use two backs.
7th - take your pick.

Props to Mack on the sig
rampantjet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin Hunter already signed with the steelers.

I'm not convinced McDougald is a very nice centerfield Safety. Most of the teams that are linked to him now are viewing him as a back up.
The rest of FA is fine.

I would not be happy at all if we took OJ Howard in the top 10. He is a talented guy, but this is a super deep TE draft and while we do need a TE it isn't exactly the most important position on the field. I wrote a whole thing in the FA thread about drafting TE's I won't bore you with it again.

The rest of the draft i'd be cool with.
JetsFan15

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rampantjet wrote:
Justin Hunter already signed with the steelers.

I'm not convinced McDougald is a very nice centerfield Safety. Most of the teams that are linked to him now are viewing him as a back up.
The rest of FA is fine.

I would not be happy at all if we took OJ Howard in the top 10. He is a talented guy, but this is a super deep TE draft and while we do need a TE it isn't exactly the most important position on the field. I wrote a whole thing in the FA thread about drafting TE's I won't bore you with it again.

The rest of the draft i'd be cool with.

I love OJ and think there is a very possibility he might have the biggest impact of any player in this draft. But I agree with rampantiet - too high for him. If we could somehow drop to 11 I think we could still get him and pick up an extra pick or two.

Otherwise like your draft. Agree we end up with Osweiler. Think we are more likely to sign a CB then S thought. Claimborne? Marcus Cro?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: