Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

All-22 Kessler's Comps/Incomps/Sacks & Ogbah's Play

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mind Character

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject: All-22 Kessler's Comps/Incomps/Sacks & Ogbah's Play Reply with quote

Many thanks to disgustipated for cutting this tape up for the fans. Saw this posted on reddit....thought I'd post links to it here.

For Kessler, it gives a lot of understanding as to the defensive pressure onslaught he had to deal with and coverages against him. Even better is watching the sacks and incompletions while watching what the WRs are doing or not doing and/or what the OL is doing or not doing.

For Ogbah, shows how if he actually learns to play with leverage and advanced hands technique.....he really could be amazing. He has a lot of hustle but is so so raw.

Kessler's completions and INTs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwavQBF-Z2c

Kessler's incompletions, sacks, fumbles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxSR8EqFCp0

Ogbah's sacks/hits:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCl_qJsnY5I
2017 Draft Pro-Bowlers: Shaquill Griffin CB, Chidobe Awuzie CB, Antonio Garcia LT, Avery Gennesy OL, Vincent Taylor DT, Cole Hikutini TE, Godwin Igwebuike FS, Donnie Miles SS, Jeremy Sprinkle TE, Kai Nacua FS, Ahkello Witherspoon CB

Last edited by Mind Character on Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:47 am; edited 6 times in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
candyman93

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am really looking forward to watching Ogbah next year. Him and Garrett will be monsters on the edge.

2016 Adopt a Brownie - Joe Schoebert & Christian Kirksey
BleedTheClock

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome. Thanks! Really interesting. Kessler looked great last year IMO. Great decision making. Didn't force the issue unnecessarily.
DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
I am really looking forward to watching Ogbah next year. Him and Garrett will be monsters on the edge.

AND watching Nassib as the rotation guy......(I also want to see year two development of DPR/4-3Ends Orchard and Holmes)

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Kiwibrown

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Kessler can continue to make the correct reads and if we can come up with ways for him to push the ball down field then he can be successful.

He is accurate, he moves in the pocket well, he makes good reads.
bosko1616

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kessler can absolutely be a quality starting QB i.e. Andy Dalton if we surround him with a real solid supporting cast. OJ Howard and Zay Jones would be huge for him. Also signing Pasztor to hold down the RT would be great also. His biggest problem last year was pressure. He was getting killed every time he played. He'll take a huge leap if he can stay on the field.
H2ThaIzzo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cody's two faults are 1) he holds on to the ball slightly too long before making the pass. On the all 22, there probably were 3-4 passes which were first read passes that had he thrown it as soon as he saw the open man, he would have avoided being hit and we probably gain more yards. The pass to Duke at about 4:15 into the video is an example of this. He can see him wide open. make that throw as soon as you see him open, he gets 14 yards instead of 8, and you don't get knocked down. 2) is downfield passing. MYTH is that he can't make the throws. Completely false. It's all a confidence thing. He needs to understand that part of his role as a QB is to make smart decisions and not to turn the ball over. Part of making smart decisions is to pick up on man coverage, and if you're stud WR has single coverage outside, make a smart throw and give them a chance to make a play on the ball.

IF, and this is a big if, but IF Cody gets the keys to the car this year, I think thats the confidence builder he needs to trust himself to do both of the things above. He was never expected to even see the field last year. He really surprised myself with his accuracy, moxxy, and the plays he made. We had the worst defense in the league in the stretch of games he played in. If we could hold teams to under 20 points a game, he may have won a couple for us.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously he links a 70 min YouTube video lol.

J/k, thanks for the links, good stuff.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Mind Character

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: All-22 Kessler's Comps/Incomps/Sacks & Ogbah's Play Reply with quote

Mind Character wrote:
Many thanks to disgustipated for cutting this tape up for the fans. Saw this posted on reddit....thought I'd post links to it here.

For Kessler, it gives a lot of understanding as to the defensive pressure onslaught he had to deal with and coverages against him. Not the complete picture but a lot better than other online cutupsas the All22 tells a more complete story.

For Ogbah, shows how if he actually learns to play with leverage and advanced hands technique.....he really could be amazing. He has a lot of hustle but is so so raw.

Kessler's completions and INTs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwavQBF-Z2c

Kessler's incompletions, sacks, fumbles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxSR8EqFCp0

Ogbah's sacks/hits:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCl_qJsnY5I

Updated original post with the All 22 link of Kessler's incompletions, fumbles, sacks, and penalties.

Shout out to reddit's disgustipated again.
2017 Draft Pro-Bowlers: Shaquill Griffin CB, Chidobe Awuzie CB, Antonio Garcia LT, Avery Gennesy OL, Vincent Taylor DT, Cole Hikutini TE, Godwin Igwebuike FS, Donnie Miles SS, Jeremy Sprinkle TE, Kai Nacua FS, Ahkello Witherspoon CB
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mind Character

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Obviously he links a 70 min YouTube video lol.

J/k, thanks for the links, good stuff.

You know what's up LGB, long post or long video....lol..wait till the day before the draft.....long postaggedon

And the quality will of course be subpar at best but most likely hot garbage
EL Brownso

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be fine going this year with Kessler. He played well under the circumstances and was actually a pretty good rookie QB. It isn't very often that a rookie comes in and blows the work away at QB. We need to give him time and if we don't like him this year, they make a move next year to upgrade.

Do I think they do that? No. I think there will a QB chosen with either 12 or 33 or a move up from either one. (Gotta get that 5th year by picking a QB in the first.)
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We may get another QB (God no at 12), that is fine, but writing off Kessler already is very premature. His biggest drawback is size and arm strength. Tom Brady did not have a great arm coming out. That can be improved with the right training. We (the Browns), have unlimited resources to get that training for him.
candyman93

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our defensive ends are gonna be huge AF

2016 Adopt a Brownie - Joe Schoebert & Christian Kirksey
Ruins1984

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just looking at the exact measurables of Ogbah and Garrett. What a scary pair of bookends. They're shockingly similar by the numbers. The size and length of them is remarkable.

Combine measurements
Ogbah: 6'4" 273 / 35.5" arms / 4.63 40 / 35.5" vert
Garrett: 6'4" 272 / 35.25" arms / 4.64 40 / 41" vert

Can't wait to see them develop and become the foundation of our D.
Hopefully they become the nightmare of AFC North QB's

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's about time we've had some freaks.

It seemed like for the longest time we had the smallest, slowest, and weakest defense in the league.

Hopefully we add a freak or two to the secondary too.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: