Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

LB Dont'a Hightower returning to New England
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
TheChancellor


Joined: 13 Feb 2017
Posts: 213
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It almost feels like there's something poetic about the way the Pats handle business. Good to see that Beličić is making good use of his ancestors roots.
_________________

Quote:
Nobody who ever gave his best regretted it.


Last edited by TheChancellor on Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SFPatsFan


Joined: 31 Oct 2010
Posts: 2562
Location: San Francisco
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keysersoze3421 wrote:
I agree. I just thought it was brought up to discredit the Patriots' FO as far as draft management goes, but sometimes draft management is about more than just the picks you make.


It also doesn't take into account where the Patriots pick or the players they actually keep. We have several starters who we drafted who are on their 2nd or 3rd contracts like Chung, McCourty, Brady, Edelman, Gronk, Solder, Cannon. How is having a 3rd year LB on his rookie deal better than having McCourty on a non-rookie deal? Also it's hard to draft elite talent when you only pick in the 1st half of the 1st round once in 10 years.

I think one of the reasons why Patriots fans especially on this forum are so confrontational is the amount of trolls who try to use loaded stats to make it seem like they're at drafting or whatever it may be.
_________________
JustAnotherFan wrote:
And no substance behind those stats that you seem to live and die by I see.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
O'Doyle Rules


Joined: 25 Nov 2013
Posts: 4447
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFPatsFan wrote:
keysersoze3421 wrote:
I agree. I just thought it was brought up to discredit the Patriots' FO as far as draft management goes, but sometimes draft management is about more than just the picks you make.


It also doesn't take into account where the Patriots pick or the players they actually keep. We have several starters who we drafted who are on their 2nd or 3rd contracts like Chung, McCourty, Brady, Edelman, Gronk, Solder, Cannon. How is having a 3rd year LB on his rookie deal better than having McCourty on a non-rookie deal? Also it's hard to draft elite talent when you only pick in the 1st half of the 1st round once in 10 years.

I think one of the reasons why Patriots fans especially on this forum are so confrontational is the amount of trolls who try to use loaded stats to make it seem like they're at drafting or whatever it may be.


I think he ment it more as how quickly the pats turnover is on players. Not that it was anything bad.
_________________
On FF you either leave a good poster, or stay long enough to see yourself become a troll.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Starless


Joined: 05 Jan 2015
Posts: 11157
Location: Ant-Baby Machete Squad
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O'Doyle Rules wrote:
SFPatsFan wrote:
keysersoze3421 wrote:
I agree. I just thought it was brought up to discredit the Patriots' FO as far as draft management goes, but sometimes draft management is about more than just the picks you make.


It also doesn't take into account where the Patriots pick or the players they actually keep. We have several starters who we drafted who are on their 2nd or 3rd contracts like Chung, McCourty, Brady, Edelman, Gronk, Solder, Cannon. How is having a 3rd year LB on his rookie deal better than having McCourty on a non-rookie deal? Also it's hard to draft elite talent when you only pick in the 1st half of the 1st round once in 10 years.

I think one of the reasons why Patriots fans especially on this forum are so confrontational is the amount of trolls who try to use loaded stats to make it seem like they're at drafting or whatever it may be.


I think he ment it more as how quickly the pats turnover is on players. Not that it was anything bad.
I'm pretty sure they also have among the most players in the league with 7+ years with the team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KManX89


Joined: 25 Oct 2012
Posts: 8972
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jets got played like a fiddle.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DirtyDez


Joined: 15 Oct 2010
Posts: 15887
Location: the Arizona desert
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Less than half guaranteed???

I want to know how much higher the other offers were...
_________________

mike23md
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
patman


Joined: 02 Jan 2006
Posts: 1489
Location: Tiverton RI
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:
I saw on the web that Hightower is the only Pats draft pick from the last 5 years who is going to start for them. Is that true?


No.

Joe Thuney
Malcom Brown
Trey Flowers
Shaq Mason

And the following guys having rotational roles:-
Vincent Valentine
Duron Harmon
James White
Malcolm Mitchell
Elandon Roberts
Jordan Richards
Geneo Grissom
So they only have 5 draft picks from the last 5 years that are for sure starters? I'd say that's brutal but what do I know while Belichick kisses his 2nd ring in 3 years. Laughing


Well it is about 12 when you talk sub packages. The starters one week are not necessarily the starters the next week, the defense pretty much changes based on the opponent. And some starters were traded away. I think a more fair and accurate observation would be how many of the pats picks are still in the nfl.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Oregon Ducks


Joined: 28 Feb 2006
Posts: 20496
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1ForTheThumb wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
Explain how he's a star.


He's definitely a top LB in this league. Was a pro-bowler and an 2nd team all pro last season. Every single move the Patriots have made this off-season, you've said is a bad one. Laughing You're not even worth responding to.

Explain how he's not a star? Because he doesn't make a ton of flashy plays? Guys made two of the biggest plays in the last two SB's the Patriots have played in. Literally the only knock on Hightower is his durability.

And Art_Vandalay, yes wake me up (and sit Gronk till) January.
So he's had one good year (with undeserved awards) after 4 years of mediocrity...star LB for sure.
_________________


Last edited by Oregon Ducks on Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
patsfan06


Joined: 19 Nov 2010
Posts: 5936
Location: Waltham
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oregon Ducks wrote:
1ForTheThumb wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
Explain how he's a star.


He's definitely a top LB in this league. Was a pro-bowler and an 2nd team all pro last season. Every single move the Patriots have made this off-season, you've said is a bad one. Laughing You're not even worth responding to.

Explain how he's not a star? Because he doesn't make a ton of flashy plays? Guys made two of the biggest plays in the last two SB's the Patriots have played in. Literally the only knock on Hightower is his durability.

And Art_Vandalay, yes wake me up (and sit Gronk till) January.
So he's had one good year (with undeserved awards) after 4 years of mediocre...star LB for sure.


Besides his rookie year Hightower has never been mediocre.

He has been the anchor for the defense....regardless of the stats. The game is played on the field. Not on the stat sheets.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MookieMonster


Joined: 17 Jun 2016
Posts: 2508
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point, I'm not even sure who on the Patriots is great or simply a product of the system. We plug so many guys in year in and year out who perform.

At the end of the day, I really don't care though. We win games, Hightower has made some huge plays and we don't win 2 Super Bowls without him. Thats enough for me.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Starless


Joined: 05 Jan 2015
Posts: 11157
Location: Ant-Baby Machete Squad
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
Less than half guaranteed???

I want to know how much higher the other offers were...
By all accounts they weren't.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MookieMonster


Joined: 17 Jun 2016
Posts: 2508
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oregon Ducks wrote:
1ForTheThumb wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
Explain how he's a star.


He's definitely a top LB in this league. Was a pro-bowler and an 2nd team all pro last season. Every single move the Patriots have made this off-season, you've said is a bad one. Laughing You're not even worth responding to.

Explain how he's not a star? Because he doesn't make a ton of flashy plays? Guys made two of the biggest plays in the last two SB's the Patriots have played in. Literally the only knock on Hightower is his durability.

And Art_Vandalay, yes wake me up (and sit Gronk till) January.
So he's had one good year (with undeserved awards) after 4 years of mediocrity...star LB for sure.

You really hate the Patriots. At an unhealthy level.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Oregon Ducks


Joined: 28 Feb 2006
Posts: 20496
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MookieMonster wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
1ForTheThumb wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
Explain how he's a star.


He's definitely a top LB in this league. Was a pro-bowler and an 2nd team all pro last season. Every single move the Patriots have made this off-season, you've said is a bad one. Laughing You're not even worth responding to.

Explain how he's not a star? Because he doesn't make a ton of flashy plays? Guys made two of the biggest plays in the last two SB's the Patriots have played in. Literally the only knock on Hightower is his durability.

And Art_Vandalay, yes wake me up (and sit Gronk till) January.
So he's had one good year (with undeserved awards) after 4 years of mediocrity...star LB for sure.

You really hate the Patriots. At an unhealthy level.
I don't. BB da GOAT coach. Seems like a bad person, though.
Blount also one of the toughest dudes to ever play the game.
Chung one of the best tacklers the game has ever seen.
Brandy is one of the top QBs in the game. Bad person, though.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
MemphisEagles


Joined: 11 Nov 2014
Posts: 1630
Location: memphis
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patsfan06 wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
1ForTheThumb wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
Explain how he's a star.


He's definitely a top LB in this league. Was a pro-bowler and an 2nd team all pro last season. Every single move the Patriots have made this off-season, you've said is a bad one. Laughing You're not even worth responding to.

Explain how he's not a star? Because he doesn't make a ton of flashy plays? Guys made two of the biggest plays in the last two SB's the Patriots have played in. Literally the only knock on Hightower is his durability.

And Art_Vandalay, yes wake me up (and sit Gronk till) January.
So he's had one good year (with undeserved awards) after 4 years of mediocre...star LB for sure.


Besides his rookie year Hightower has never been mediocre.

He has been the anchor for the defense....regardless of the stats. The game is played on the field. Not on the stat sheets.


Ducks is a troll, ignore him
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Non-Issue


Joined: 13 Jan 2016
Posts: 1443
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemphisEagles wrote:
patsfan06 wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
1ForTheThumb wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
Explain how he's a star.


He's definitely a top LB in this league. Was a pro-bowler and an 2nd team all pro last season. Every single move the Patriots have made this off-season, you've said is a bad one. Laughing You're not even worth responding to.

Explain how he's not a star? Because he doesn't make a ton of flashy plays? Guys made two of the biggest plays in the last two SB's the Patriots have played in. Literally the only knock on Hightower is his durability.

And Art_Vandalay, yes wake me up (and sit Gronk till) January.
So he's had one good year (with undeserved awards) after 4 years of mediocre...star LB for sure.


Besides his rookie year Hightower has never been mediocre.

He has been the anchor for the defense....regardless of the stats. The game is played on the field. Not on the stat sheets.


Ducks is a troll, ignore him


People like Ducks usually make my season. Every year when my team is inevitably out of it, I can root for the Pats to keep crushing haters souls. And they rarely disappoint. The Pats or the haters.
_________________

Kiltman on the sig!

2016 Adopt-a-Ram Jared Goff:
Comp:99 Att:185 Yards:969 TD:5 INT:7 Rating:65.7
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group