Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

LB Dont'a Hightower returning to New England
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheChancellor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It almost feels like there's something poetic about the way the Pats handle business. Good to see that Beličić is making good use of his ancestors roots.

Quote:
Nobody who ever gave his best regretted it.

Last edited by TheChancellor on Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
SFPatsFan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keysersoze3421 wrote:
I agree. I just thought it was brought up to discredit the Patriots' FO as far as draft management goes, but sometimes draft management is about more than just the picks you make.

It also doesn't take into account where the Patriots pick or the players they actually keep. We have several starters who we drafted who are on their 2nd or 3rd contracts like Chung, McCourty, Brady, Edelman, Gronk, Solder, Cannon. How is having a 3rd year LB on his rookie deal better than having McCourty on a non-rookie deal? Also it's hard to draft elite talent when you only pick in the 1st half of the 1st round once in 10 years.

I think one of the reasons why Patriots fans especially on this forum are so confrontational is the amount of trolls who try to use loaded stats to make it seem like they're at drafting or whatever it may be.
O'Doyle Rules

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFPatsFan wrote:
keysersoze3421 wrote:
I agree. I just thought it was brought up to discredit the Patriots' FO as far as draft management goes, but sometimes draft management is about more than just the picks you make.

It also doesn't take into account where the Patriots pick or the players they actually keep. We have several starters who we drafted who are on their 2nd or 3rd contracts like Chung, McCourty, Brady, Edelman, Gronk, Solder, Cannon. How is having a 3rd year LB on his rookie deal better than having McCourty on a non-rookie deal? Also it's hard to draft elite talent when you only pick in the 1st half of the 1st round once in 10 years.

I think one of the reasons why Patriots fans especially on this forum are so confrontational is the amount of trolls who try to use loaded stats to make it seem like they're at drafting or whatever it may be.

I think he ment it more as how quickly the pats turnover is on players. Not that it was anything bad.
Starless

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O'Doyle Rules wrote:
SFPatsFan wrote:
keysersoze3421 wrote:

I think he ment it more as how quickly the pats turnover is on players. Not that it was anything bad.
I'm pretty sure they also have among the most players in the league with 7+ years with the team.
KManX89

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jets got played like a fiddle.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Less than half guaranteed???

I want to know how much higher the other offers were...

mike23md
patman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:
I saw on the web that Hightower is the only Pats draft pick from the last 5 years who is going to start for them. Is that true?

No.

Joe Thuney
Malcom Brown
Trey Flowers
Shaq Mason

And the following guys having rotational roles:-
Vincent Valentine
Duron Harmon
James White
Malcolm Mitchell
Elandon Roberts
Jordan Richards
Geneo Grissom
So they only have 5 draft picks from the last 5 years that are for sure starters? I'd say that's brutal but what do I know while Belichick kisses his 2nd ring in 3 years. Laughing

Well it is about 12 when you talk sub packages. The starters one week are not necessarily the starters the next week, the defense pretty much changes based on the opponent. And some starters were traded away. I think a more fair and accurate observation would be how many of the pats picks are still in the nfl.
Oregon Ducks

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1ForTheThumb wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
Explain how he's a star.

He's definitely a top LB in this league. Was a pro-bowler and an 2nd team all pro last season. Every single move the Patriots have made this off-season, you've said is a bad one. Laughing You're not even worth responding to.

Explain how he's not a star? Because he doesn't make a ton of flashy plays? Guys made two of the biggest plays in the last two SB's the Patriots have played in. Literally the only knock on Hightower is his durability.

And Art_Vandalay, yes wake me up (and sit Gronk till) January.
So he's had one good year (with undeserved awards) after 4 years of mediocrity...star LB for sure.

Last edited by Oregon Ducks on Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
patsfan06

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oregon Ducks wrote:
1ForTheThumb wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
Explain how he's a star.

He's definitely a top LB in this league. Was a pro-bowler and an 2nd team all pro last season. Every single move the Patriots have made this off-season, you've said is a bad one. Laughing You're not even worth responding to.

Explain how he's not a star? Because he doesn't make a ton of flashy plays? Guys made two of the biggest plays in the last two SB's the Patriots have played in. Literally the only knock on Hightower is his durability.

So he's had one good year (with undeserved awards) after 4 years of mediocre...star LB for sure.

Besides his rookie year Hightower has never been mediocre.

He has been the anchor for the defense....regardless of the stats. The game is played on the field. Not on the stat sheets.
MookieMonster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point, I'm not even sure who on the Patriots is great or simply a product of the system. We plug so many guys in year in and year out who perform.

At the end of the day, I really don't care though. We win games, Hightower has made some huge plays and we don't win 2 Super Bowls without him. Thats enough for me.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
Less than half guaranteed???

I want to know how much higher the other offers were...
By all accounts they weren't.
MookieMonster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oregon Ducks wrote:
1ForTheThumb wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
Explain how he's a star.

So he's had one good year (with undeserved awards) after 4 years of mediocrity...star LB for sure.

You really hate the Patriots. At an unhealthy level.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MookieMonster wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
1ForTheThumb wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
Explain how he's a star.

You really hate the Patriots. At an unhealthy level.
I don't. BB da GOAT coach. Seems like a bad person, though.
Blount also one of the toughest dudes to ever play the game.
Chung one of the best tacklers the game has ever seen.
Brandy is one of the top QBs in the game. Bad person, though.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patsfan06 wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
1ForTheThumb wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
Explain how he's a star.

So he's had one good year (with undeserved awards) after 4 years of mediocre...star LB for sure.

He has been the anchor for the defense....regardless of the stats. The game is played on the field. Not on the stat sheets.

Ducks is a troll, ignore him

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemphisEagles wrote:
patsfan06 wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
1ForTheThumb wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
Explain how he's a star.

Ducks is a troll, ignore him

People like Ducks usually make my season. Every year when my team is inevitably out of it, I can root for the Pats to keep crushing haters souls. And they rarely disappoint. The Pats or the haters.

Kiltman on the sig!

2016 Adopt-a-Ram Jared Goff:
Comp:99 Att:185 Yards:969 TD:5 INT:7 Rating:65.7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: