Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets Mock Draft 1.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Thoughts?
You're a Moron
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
You're not a Moron
55%
 55%  [ 5 ]
1/2 a Moron
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 9

Rockice_8

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Beachum really injury prone? I heard that on NFL network and now here.

I don't see him as injury prone I see he had one injury an ACL. He played 15, 16 and 15 games around his one cut short season.

He's not like Clady or Claiborne where they continually get injured he had one injury.

Props to Mack on the sig
Bobby816

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:

I don't see him as injury prone I see he had one injury an ACL. He played 15, 16 and 15 games around his one cut short season.

He's not like Clady or Claiborne where they continually get injured he had one injury.

An acl isn't a small injury. A lot of guys never return to there original form after the surgery. I will say that once an injury occurs the likeleyhood of that injury reoccurring is greater. I think bc of multiple reasons, a player mentally "looks out" for his knee post surgery which isn't natural instincts causing injury and that it's just not as strong as the original ligament or whatever the injury might be. I've torn my left acl twice in a 2 year span. My doctor told me after my 1st surgery that my knee would be stronger with the new acl, and the 2nd time I tore it, it wasn't even a contact injury just a cutting injury. So I'm not a believer in that a rehabbed acl is stronger than your original natural acl.
billy5001

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:

An acl isn't a small injury. A lot of guys never return to there original form after the surgery. I will say that once an injury occurs the likeleyhood of that injury reoccurring is greater. I think bc of multiple reasons, a player mentally "looks out" for his knee post surgery which isn't natural instincts causing injury and that it's just not as strong as the original ligament or whatever the injury might be. I've torn my left acl twice in a 2 year span. My doctor told me after my 1st surgery that my knee would be stronger with the new acl, and the 2nd time I tore it, it wasn't even a contact injury just a cutting injury. So I'm not a believer in that a rehabbed acl is stronger than your original natural acl.

I would also imagine that being 300+ pounds does not make it any easier on the knees after coming back.
bcb1213

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Engram and ASJ have very similar skill sets IMO. I'd rather take a more complete TE later on, but that's just me
jetfuel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only thing I'm ok with is Adams.

Don't understand using a 3rd pick on Jones who will be out for the year in 2017. He may not even be that good now you add a big injury to the list equals late 7 or goes undrafted.
Mr.O

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetfuel wrote:

Don't understand using a 3rd pick on Jones who will be out for the year in 2017. He may not even be that good now you add a big injury to the list equals late 7 or goes undrafted.
not when it's a guy that was going to go top 15

Props to CL on the

Carson Wentz/Noah Spence Bandwagon
Jag68Sid87

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we are playing for 2018, then we might be the team mostly likely to bite on a guy like Jones, actually.

The question would be how high would we have to go to get him? I would not be comfortable selecting Jones before Round 4.
billy5001

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.O wrote:
jetfuel wrote:

not when it's a guy that was going to go top 15

I liken it to the Jaylon Smith situation in that he was a bonafide top 5 prospect, went in the second. By that same logic, Jones, who was maybe 15-20 on a lot of boards, goes late 2 early 3. Since we signed Claiborne and in this scenario took Lewis, I am comfortable taking Jones and stashing for 2018. Granted, it's risky, but a risk worth taking in the third imo.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: