Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets Mock Draft 1.0
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Thoughts?
You're a Moron
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
You're not a Moron
55%
 55%  [ 5 ]
1/2 a Moron
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 9

billy5001

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Jets Mock Draft 1.0 Reply with quote

Gave a shot at a Jets Mock draft. Haven't had as much exposure to some of the later round guys, but wanted to focus on upgrading certain position groups.

Also, made this on the day Hightower is supposed to make his decision. I hope he comes to us, but I made this assuming he is not.

1 (6): Jamal Adams, S, LSU
- May be wishful thinking that he slides to 6, however I feel that there is a decent chance. I think the 9ers will take a QB with the second pick, Bears look to take DL help, Jags take Fournette, and Titans take a WR (Williams or Davis). Adding Adams to the locker room would be a major plus. He plays hard, is a great leader, and can ball. Would be a great pick for the Jets at 6. If no Adams, Hooker would be my choice.

2 (39): Even Engram, TE, Ole Miss
- Playmaking TE that can start right away. Guy has WR skills in a TE body. Hopefully he can break the second round curse.

2 (52): Jourdan Lewis, CB, Michigan
- Adding to the secondary again here. I think in a normal CB class, Lewis could have snuck into the end of round 1. However, the class is so loaded he gets pushed back a little bit here.

3 (70): Sidney Jones, CB, Washington
- First round talent, but will fall into late round two or early three after injuring himself at his pro day. I can live with letting him sit the year out, recover, and be back for 2018.

3 (107): Chad Wheeler, OT, USC
- I like what Brandon Shell did last year when he had his chance. Adding another OT to the mix would be something I would like. Ijalana and Beachum are also there, but Beachum has proved to be injury prone and I do not believe he is a long term solution. I don't really think Ijalana is that good either.

4 (150): Kendell Beckwith, ILB, LSU
- I am assuming we miss out on Hightower, so adding an inside backer to take over after Harris is gone would be ideal.

7 (224): De’veon Smith, RB, Michigan
- Can mix in behind Forte and Powell and add a little more power to the RB group. Taking a flier on him in the 7th.

**Recap/Thoughts**
I think the biggest issue on this roster right now is the lack of talent in the secondary, which is why I had us taking two CB's and one Safety. After taking Adams, we can look to possibly move Pryor or convert him to more of a linebacker-ish role. Adding Adams, Jones, and Lewis gives the secondary some young talent. Not going after any CB's to this point in FA leads me to believe we will double dip at CB in the draft.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see us double dipping at CB, but it's possible. Especially if we're going BPA and Jones is still there. Jamal Adams makes so much sense, I'm starting to worry he won't be there at 6.
Bianconero

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first two picks makes this an A+ scenario

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
I don't see us double dipping at CB, but it's possible. Especially if we're going BPA and Jones is still there. Jamal Adams makes so much sense, I'm starting to worry he won't be there at 6.

Same here. Would be a great leader on the D for years to come. If he's not there, I wouldn't mind Hooker/Lattimore.
billy5001

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:
The first two picks makes this an A+ scenario

I hope to God this happens and we can snag those two
ekill08x

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just explain how we have another second round pick...not a bad draft though.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
rickyt31

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

billy5001 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

Same here. Would be a great leader on the D for years to come. If he's not there, I wouldn't mind Hooker/Lattimore.

I'm scared of Lattimore.
billy5001

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
just explain how we have another second round pick...not a bad draft though.

Forgot to write this in; but that pick comes from trading Sheldon to the Browns along with a 6th rounder. Idk if that value matches up but it seemed ok to me.
billy5001

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
billy5001 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

I'm scared of Lattimore.

Likewise. Injuries scare me and remind me a little of Milliner :/ but I could easily see how we would take him
rampantjet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am fine with it, I love Adams.

I like Engram but lets be honest he is a WR with a WR's body. He is smaller than Brandon Marshall. He is 2 inches shorter and about 5lbs lighter than Calvin. He is borderline and between positions but can still be a weapon for sure.

I love the CB double dip. We need it, and Jones could turn into a huge steal in the 3rd a year from now when we are ready to try and be an actual NFL football team.
SDotNova

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man. I am putting together a mock and it's a lot like this. Instead of Adams, I have us taking Hooker. I'm fine with either. Ditto on Engram pick. Great weapon and he is descent blocker in space...inline not going to happen though. But we can use him in double TE sets, in the slot, and as an h-back. I dont see us picking up a CB in FA; so, double dipping is a good move. If we sign CB though, it might be overkill.

I recall someone writing that Maccagnan said it's a good idea to take a QB in every draft. I dont see it happening early. But we will likely take a QB in the mid to late rounds.
xenajets

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I obviously have missed something here...how did we get the extra second round pick? Edit: Just seen your reply to Ekill.

Also we don't have a 4th because of the Shell trade.

Many thanks to IDOG_det on the sig
billy5001

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xenajets wrote:
I obviously have missed something here...how did we get the extra second round pick? Edit: Just seen your reply to Ekill.

Also we don't have a 4th because of the Shell trade.

Good catch, meant to have that down as a 5th rounder.
Jets913

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no thanks to Lewis (domestic violence charge) and Jones (achilles injury). plenty of other decent CBs to choose from
billy5001

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jets913 wrote:
no thanks to Lewis (domestic violence charge) and Jones (achilles injury). plenty of other decent CBs to choose from

Made this before the Lewis allegations came out, so I agree with you on that. I'm hoping we can get more clarity on the situation as the draft gets closer.

As far as Sidney Jones, I see it more as a chance to get a first round talent (granted, pre-injury) in the third. Let him sit out the year, recover, and come back in 2018. Especially now with us signing Claiborne, him sitting out the year and recovering would not be as much of an issue.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: