Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mid FA Mock
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr.O

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject: Mid FA Mock Reply with quote

Cuts:
David Harris
Marcus Gilchrist

Free Agents:
Dont'a Hightower
Chase Daniels
Brandon Carr

Trades:
Jets trade DL Sheldon Richardson to the Somewhere Raiders for their 2017 3rd

Draft Trade:
Jets trade their 2017 1st to the Cardinals for their 1st, 3rd, and 5th (they move up for a Carson's Heir)

Draft:
R1: Jabrill Peppers FS/ATH Michigan
R2: Kevin King CB Washington
R3: Jordan Willis DE/OLB Kansas State
R3: Joe Mixon RB Oklahoma
R3: Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
R3: Kyle Fuller C Baylor
R5: Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
R5: Ben Boulware ILB Clemson
R6: Freddie Stevenson FB FSU
R7: Adam Griffith K Alabama

Depth:
QB: Daniels, Hack, Petty vs Kelly
RB: Powell, Forte, Mixon
FB: Stevenson
WR: Decker, Q, Anderson, Peake, Smith, Marshall
TE: ASJ, Leggett
LT: Beachum, Ijalana
LG: Carp, Doizer
C: Johnson vs Fuller
RG: Winters, Doizer
RT: Shell, Qvale

DE: Wilkerson, Johnson
NT: Simon, McLendon
DT: Williams, Thomas
SAM: Jenkins, Bishop, Beltre
MIKE: Hightower, Boulware
WILL: Lee, Martin
RUSH: Willis vs Mauldin
CB: Carr, King, Burris, Williams, McDougle
SS: Pryor, Miles
FS: Peppers, Middleton

P: Edwards
K: Griffith vs Cantazaro
RS: Peppers

note: would add another TE in UDFA or FA

Props to CL on the

Carson Wentz/Noah Spence Bandwagon
rampantjet

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hrmm, If Chase Daniel is cheap i can deal with it but it obviously isn't ideal, though there is no ideal for us at QB.

I love ending up with 4 3rd rounders.

I am not sure how i feel about Peppers in the 1st, at 13 no less. I think he belongs in the 20's, but he is an athletic guy and i really enjoyed him in general at the combine

2nd round seems a bit early for King, he seems to be in the 3rd more often than not in mocks, and i've seen him in the 4th. He's certainly attractive from a size/athleticism standpoint so maybe he could be moving up.

I feel like Jordan Willis could be moving up but i'd be happy to get him in the 3rd. I love Mixon as i have stated many times so i love that. Not a huge fan of Leggett but he is talented if he can put it all together. I like grabbing a C in the 3rd as well.

No huge complaints the rest of the way, i dig Boulware and Stevenson, I can handle it if they wanna take a chance on Kelly as a prospect, odd fact he is actually older than Hack.
Bianconero

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this is perfect

I wouldn't trade Sheldon for a 3rd though

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice

JETS . HEAT . ATLANTA UNITED FC . UCLA/GEORGIA STATE .
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:
Well, this is perfect

I wouldn't trade Sheldon for a 3rd though

Agreed, unless there is a player we really covet it just doesn't make sense. I'd only move him for a young QB or a CB that needs a change of scenery. Otherwise he is more valuable to hold onto for the year and make a determination between him and Wilk.

How much would it suck to trade him, he kills it, we miss on the 3rd rounder and then Wilk bottoms out and we have to cut him.
jimbo1904

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peppers is not a top 15 talent. Everything else I like
Bobby816

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it.

Minus Chad Kelly I hate that guy. I think he has Manziel off the field written all over him.
Rich51

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Jimbo that Peppers is not a top 15 talent. On the other hand I'd be surprised if Willis makes it out of the first round.

6'4" 255 4.53 forty, 1.54 ten, 6.85 cone, 39" vert, 10'5" broad. These are measurable for an elite pass rusher.

Compare to Beasley
6'3" 246 4.53 forty 1.59 ten, 6.91 cone, 41" vert, 10'8" broad.

Willis had 11.5 sacks up from 8.5 the year before. According to PFF he had 80 QB pressures and was their top edge defender

I would love if he made it to our 2nd but unless there is some type of red flag, I don't see how.
doumeyer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't understand this obsession with drafting defensive players in the first round year after year. If Fournette is available when we pick at # 6 to pick another D player over a impact player like Fournette is flat out nuts. Our record drafting defensive players every year stinks. The NFL is a offensive league now, we can't keep going three and out all the time. Like I said yesterday the best defensive is a good offensive. There is not a CB in the world that can slow down Brady, the only way we can slow him down is to keep him on the bench, and that is done with a top running back getting us first downs.
xenajets

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would love to end up trading down and getting lots of extra picks. Like Bianconero said I would want more than a 3rd for Sheldon though.

Many thanks to IDOG_det on the sig
rampantjet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich51 wrote:
I agree with Jimbo that Peppers is not a top 15 talent. On the other hand I'd be surprised if Willis makes it out of the first round.

6'4" 255 4.53 forty, 1.54 ten, 6.85 cone, 39" vert, 10'5" broad. These are measurable for an elite pass rusher.

Compare to Beasley

Willis had 11.5 sacks up from 8.5 the year before. According to PFF he had 80 QB pressures and was their top edge defender

I would love if he made it to our 2nd but unless there is some type of red flag, I don't see how.

Willis had combine numbers similar to Beasley, but have you watched his tape? Him and Beasley aren't even on the same planet with how they move during games. Willis looks a bit clunky and not all that explosive during actual games. He doesn't have a ton of pass rush moves either. He might very well go in the late first early second because someone over reacts to his numbers but i sure wouldn't touch him there. I am fine with taking a chance on him in the 3rd but i wasn't overly impressive with his game tapes.
Rich51

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rampantjet wrote:
Rich51 wrote:

Compare to Beasley

Willis had combine numbers similar to Beasley, but have you watched his tape? Him and Beasley aren't even on the same planet with how they move during games. Willis looks a bit clunky and not all that explosive during actual games. He doesn't have a ton of pass rush moves either. He might very well go in the late first early second because someone over reacts to his numbers but i sure wouldn't touch him there. I am fine with taking a chance on him in the 3rd but i wasn't overly impressive with his game tapes.

I have seen some of his tape and he seems to spend a lot of time in the backfield which is probably why PFF has him with 80 QB pressures. Going into the combine I thought he'd be at best a late 2nd, early 3rd type pick but those are elite numbers and imo someone will take him early.
Jag68Sid87

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doumeyer wrote:
I just don't understand this obsession with drafting defensive players in the first round year after year. If Fournette is available when we pick at # 6 to pick another D player over a impact player like Fournette is flat out nuts. Our record drafting defensive players every year stinks. The NFL is a offensive league now, we can't keep going three and out all the time. Like I said yesterday the best defensive is a good offensive. There is not a CB in the world that can slow down Brady, the only way we can slow him down is to keep him on the bench, and that is done with a top running back getting us first downs.

Preach. I agree wholeheartedly.
Rich51

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject: U Reply with quote

Jag68Sid87 wrote:
doumeyer wrote:

3 different GMs so it's not an obsession. This year it seems like the best players are on defense and we do need an edge rusher, CB, FS and possibly ILB. There also doesn't appear to be any QB or LT worth a top 6 pick and running back is extremely deep.
Mr.O

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: U Reply with quote

Rich51 wrote:
Jag68Sid87 wrote:
doumeyer wrote:

3 different GMs so it's not an obsession. This year it seems like the best players are on defense and we do need an edge rusher, CB, FS and possibly ILB. There also doesn't appear to be any QB or LT worth a top 6 pick and running back is extremely deep.
This. Also if you look at the defensive players we have taken unfortunately most of them are still positions of need.

Props to CL on the

Carson Wentz/Noah Spence Bandwagon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: