Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My first 2017 mock
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gregdege

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:54 pm    Post subject: My first 2017 mock Reply with quote

2017 draft

1.) Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford
Height: 6-1. Weight: 200.
Projected 40 Time: 4.49.

2.) Tanoh Kpassagnon, DE/DT, Villanova
Height: 6-6. Weight: 280. Arm: 34.75. Hand: 10.88.
40 Time: 4.83.

3.) Desmond King, CB, Iowa
Height: 5-10. Weight: 206. Arm: 29.88. Hand: 9.63.
Projected 40 Time: 4.54.

4.) Zach Banner, OT, USC
Height: 6-8. Weight: 361. Arm: 33.63. Hand: 10.75.
Projected 40 Time: 5.59.

5.) Zane Gonzalez, K, Arizona State
Height: 6-1. Weight: 190.

6.) Chad Kelly, QB, Ole Miss
Height: 6-2. Weight: 215.
Projected 40 Time: 4.75.

7.) Hardy Nickerson, OLB/ILB, Illinois
Height: 6-2. Weight: 232. Arm: 32.
40 Time: 4.78.
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way too earlier for a kicker. We have a kicker with a pretty booming leg already. Would prefer a TE instead of a CB, but I see the reasoning behind a CB. Though, Sidney Jones would be interesting if he's there.
minutemancl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan of Kpass. Classic Tarzan/Jane player. Big, smart guy, but lacks the tenacity and movement skills you really want. I like the rest of the draft though. Don't like how we don't address the OL until the 4th round though. I think the Giants will be looking to add a player to that group earlier than that.

1st yr head coaches rarely see success their 1st yr, if at all.
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kodaraw wrote:
Way too earlier for a kicker. We have a kicker with a pretty booming leg already. Would prefer a TE instead of a CB, but I see the reasoning behind a CB. Though, Sidney Jones would be interesting if he's there.

Rosas?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
Kodaraw wrote:

Rosas?

Apparently he has a wicked strong leg. Got some praise from Feagles as well. Still gotta bring someone else for competition but I'm willing to give him a shot.

1st yr head coaches rarely see success their 1st yr, if at all.
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
Kodaraw wrote:

Rosas?

Apparently he has a wicked strong leg. Got some praise from Feagles as well. Still gotta bring someone else for competition but I'm willing to give him a shot.

Yep. But a kicker in the fifth seems like a luxury even for the pats
gregdege

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kodaraw wrote:
minutemancl wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
Kodaraw wrote:

Rosas?

Not sure where you guys been...last few years;

K Robert Aguayo 2nd round
K Caleb Sturgis 5th round
K Dustin Hopkins 5th round
K Bryan Anger 3rd round
K Randy Bullock 5th round
K Greg Zuerlien 5th round
K Blair Walsh 5th round
K Alex Henery 5th round
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gregdege wrote:
Kodaraw wrote:
minutemancl wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
Kodaraw wrote:

Rosas?

Not sure where you guys been...last few years;

K Robert Aguayo 2nd round
K Caleb Sturgis 5th round
K Dustin Hopkins 5th round
K Bryan Anger 3rd round
K Randy Bullock 5th round
K Greg Zuerlien 5th round
K Blair Walsh 5th round
K Alex Henery 5th round

Well aware that teams have drafted kickers early, but that doesn't change the fact that we'd be passing on more impactful players in the fifth for a kicker, which may already be on the roster, or could be had as an UDFA. I see your reasoning, but I wouldn't take a kicker until the seventh. Maaybe the sixth.
w4rrior723

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kodaraw wrote:
minutemancl wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
Kodaraw wrote:

Rosas?

Honestly, if he made the team he'd prob have a larger impact than any other 5th rounder we've taken in recent memory.

As for the mock, I love the first pick and overall you gave us great value for each round. But I'd be surprised if 2/3 of our first 3 picks are on the defensive side of the ball, regardless of value. The offensive side of the ball is just in much greater need of love.
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

w4rrior723 wrote:
Kodaraw wrote:
minutemancl wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
Kodaraw wrote:

Rosas?

Honestly, if he made the team he'd prob have a larger impact than any other 5th rounder we've taken in recent memory.

As for the mock, I love the first pick and overall you gave us great value for each round. But I'd be surprised if 2/3 of our first 3 picks are on the defensive side of the ball, regardless of value. The offensive side of the ball is just in much greater need of love.

Agreed, which is unfortunate because this is such a defense heavy draft class.
GMENNATION

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCaffery seems like a great prospect but I really only want a RB if their value is significantly higher than any other players available. I know it's been a long time that we've had average-at-best LBs and been fine but I just see it as much bigger of a need than RB as far as how the league is structured right now.

We can get by with a few middle of the road RBs with some talent. I think Perkins has a chance to be a really nice piece and we can find a nice complement to him. Taking McCaffery is a bit of a luxury pick to me. Wouldn't hate it but I'll be pulling for a different position.

I could see TE more than RB because a top tier TE can be a huge difference maker. But I think we can be very successful with average TEs as well. To me, LB or DL is the biggest need.

If the season started today last year's 4th Rd pick is our starting MLB. Our SLB is a guy whose only shown he can stay healthy last season. Casillas is okay and a nice leader. He is solid but he makes more big negative plays than he makes big positive plays. One of them goes down and Herzlich is an every down LB. People act like Keenan Robinson coming back is a given. Why? We have no cap space right now and still need multiple pieces. Whose to say our money is spent on him?

On the DL, imagine JPP or OV go down for an extended period of time. When JPP went down last year, we still had OV/Snacks/Hankins plugging up the line so Okwara was serviceable. Without Hankins, any injury to the current DL is potentially back breaking. Show me a veteran DL we'd be able to sign with our available cap space.

Point being, pretty much everything went perfectly for us last year and we were out of the playoffs in the wild card round. If we catch a few more bad breaks, we quickly become a 7-8 win team. This team has more holes than it looks so the value really has to be there for me to take a RB 1st round.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can very easily create more cap space TBH. I do agree on McCaffrey. We are in no position to go first round. Plus we kept Vereen for a reason. DL depth is a problem particularly front 7 depth. We need a pass rusher. Owa has still yet to contribute. Okwara should be nothing more than a guy in the rotation. That's really it.

"I'm not in danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
GMENNATION

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
We can very easily create more cap space TBH. I do agree on McCaffrey. We are in no position to go first round. Plus we kept Vereen for a reason. DL depth is a problem particularly front 7 depth. We need a pass rusher. Owa has still yet to contribute. Okwara should be nothing more than a guy in the rotation. That's really it.

We really can't create a ton of cap space though. We can gain some flexibility to do some things but not enough to solve all of our needs.

If we go RB in the 1st Round, it is likely we have a glaring weakness at atleast 2 of DT, DE, LB and OL.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCaffrey is one of those guys, I wouldn't take RD1, but I wouldn't hate the pick at all. I'd be excited
New LT [ ]
Micha Hyde[ ]
Dontrelle Inman [ ]
Calais Campbell [ ]
Malcolm Smith [ ]
Mike Gillislee[ ]
JerseyJSkriv

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would be the perfect draft if these pieces fell in our spots.
23 Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
55 Ethan Pocic C LSU
87 DAVIS WEBB QB California
140 Julie'n Davenport OT Bucknell
167 Conor McDermott OT UCLA
207 Jarron Jones DT Notre Dame
241 Zane Gonzalez K Arizona State
I know i'm crazy and maybe will hit the lottery as well. lol
But it is possible.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: