You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NEW ENGLAND offseason A, Steelers offseason B
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theironcitykid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:30 pm    Post subject: NEW ENGLAND offseason A, Steelers offseason B Reply with quote

See, that's how you make moves. That's how I make moves. That's how you win. That's how you be great. When you can only improve through one avenue you limit the amount of progress you make year in and year out. When you are stubborn, you are weak. When you are stubborn, you lack the ability to learn, evolve, and adapt

Now, this is how you make moves.....

Le'Veon Bell

This man has a slew of issues and at this point in lieu of the landscape at this very moment I will trade Le'Veon Bell and sign Adrian Peterson with the mindset of creating a throwing team that has Adrian Peterson - so it should be over 400 yards per game.

The teams I considered in a Le'Veon Bell trade, remember no ramifications of any kind with the cap and according to OverTheCap.com the Steelers are at $20m in cap space. Trading Le'Veon Bell takes that to $32m in cap space.

Jacksonville, Carolina, Cleveland, and New Orleans

And then I immediately crossed out Cleveland realizing it would require quite the haul. I crossed out Jacksonville because it's Jacksonville. I put together a CAR 2017 1st, 2017 2nd, J Stew package from Carolina and thought nah.

I ended up deciding on:

Le'Veon Bell plus 2017 5th for 2017 1st, 11th overall, 2017 4th, 2018 1st.

That is slightly more than signing him in free agency but you need multiple parties to do a deal and this way New Orleans can keep their 2017 1st, 32nd overall from New England. Le'Veon Bell needs our offensive line and there are way too many question marks surrounding a player that plays such a role as him to our offense. Looking for 8 receptions a game for Le'Veon in New Orleans.

Dontari Poe

This is the missing piece for the defense and the switch to a 4-3. The Curtain was a 4-3. We're building the team the way we did before - with The Steel Curtain. The defensive look I'm looking for is Heyward, Hargrave, Poe, Tuitt. This defensive line can morph to a nickel and add OLB's and choose the two least tired DT to play 3-tech DT on 3rd down. Most dominant. Game-by-game basis.

4 years, $34,450,000

10m signing bonus
3.75m roster bonus 2018
Salaries: $1.75m;5.5;6.25;7.2m

2017 cap hit - 4.25m

Josh Gordon

Losing a few superstars means you have to add some to get the right mix. And once he gets reinstated by the NFL I'm making this move because he doesn't want to be part of the expansion Cleveland Browns, so the clock is ticking. My plan for the Browns is to create a dominant running team behind their offensive line and then when they realize there's this thing called passing they can be a dominant team.

Marcus Gilbert, 2017 1st, 30th overall for Josh Gordon and 2017 1st, 12th overall

The Browns now have a top 3 offensive line in football and remember they own the number one pick in the draft.

Dead Money: $8.2m
Gordon Cap hit: $1m

Ben Roethlisberger

This should be front page news. Every day. This guy. A guy who is a depreciating asset with no salvage value - except to Bruce Arians right now. Bruce isn't serious with Carson Palmer leading his team anywhere. He will need to figure that out mid-preseason if he continues on the path he is headed right now. Depreciating asset with no salvage value. Litany of past issues. Consistent loser in the locker room. Every year it's someone new. The problem remains Roethlisberger is not a leader and you can't rally around him bc he'll call out someone when he needs called out and it creates friction among teammates.

Ben Roethlisberger, PTBNL, plus 2018 4th (becomes 3rd if AZ misses playoffs) for 2017 1st, 13th overall, 2017 2nd, 45th overall, and Robert Nkemdiche

*PTBNL - after conclusion of draft

Ben Roethlisberger is 18m whether you keep him or trade him
and his figure is already in $32m cap space. No net change.

Adrian Peterson

4 years, $40m

12m signing bonus
8m roster bonus 2018
Salaries: 3.5;4.5;5.5;6.5

2017 cap hit - 6.5m

Review of the Steelers Draft picks thus far:

1st round, 11th overall
1st round, 12th overall
1st round, 13th overall

2nd round, 45th overall
2nd round, 62nd overall

3rd round, 94th overall
3rd round, 105th overall* (compensatory)

4th round, 118th overall
4th round, 135nd overall

6th round, 213th overall

7th round, 248th overall

NFL MOCK DRAFT

1. CLEVELAND - Leonard Fournette RB LSU
2. TENNESSEE - Myles Garrett DE Texas A&M

(TEN trades 2nd round pick, 2018 2nd round pick, 2019 2nd rd pik to move from 5th to 2nd) - John Lynch agrees. LeBeau gets Jevon Kearse type freakish talent.

3. CHICAGO - Jonathan Allen DT Alabama
4. JACKSONVILLE - DeShaun Watson QB Clemson
5. SAN FRANCISCO - Dalvin Cook RB Florida State
6. NEW YORK J - Marshon Lattimore CB Ohio State
7. LOS ANGELES C - Mike Williams WR Clemson
8. CAROLINA - Malik Hooker S Ohio State
9. CINCINNATI - John Ross WR Washington
10. BUFFALO - Mitch Trubisky QB UNC

Now, on the clock... PITTSBURGH STEELERS

As the camera enters focus, we find ourselves in the Kansas City Chiefs war room.

A water bottle smashes one of the TV screens surrounding the board room. The Bills have just taken Mitch Trubisky who was the top QB on their draft board. The QB's have gone faster than they had anticipated.

REID
"We're not going anywhere with Alex Smith. We have a great team and an elevated QB will take us to that next level. Instead, of improving each position to get that sliver of overall team improvement. I'm trying to run and gun *** dam*it"

Pittsburgh has the next three picks here and they can control the board for the next half hour. They need a QB. They can slot someone in here. Pittsburgh has got options.

[the Steelers phone booth has got some action]

It's Kansas City.

2017 1st, 27th overall, 2017 2nd, 59th overall, 2017 4th, 132nd overall, 2018 1st, 2018 5th for 2017 1st, 11th overall

11. KANSAS CITY - Patrick Mahomes II QB Texas Tech

"Great pick here by Kansas City. They finally get their QB," says McShay

And Pittsburgh is still on the clock.....

Kevin Colbert tries to call up a few friends with his new 3-way calling that he finally got for Christmas from the Pittsburgh Steelers.

CLEVELAND...

BALTIMORE....

"Hey, guys what's happening. How about we all get a little richer and help each other out at the same time. Ok, here are your hauls"

CLEVELAND - 2017 1st, 13th overall

BALTIMORE - 2017 1st, 12th overall

PITTSBURGH - 2017 1st, 16th overall
2017 1st, 30th overall
2017 2nd, 33rd overall
2017 3rd, 99th overall (compensatory)
Brock Osweiler

[Osweiler - move 12m spread out over 3 years at $4m a year. His $4m remaining salary is guaranteed so his cap hit is $8m in 2017 (4m + 4M)]

12. BALTIMORE - DeShone Kizer QB Notre Dame

Ozzie tired of Joe Flacco actually crafted the trade and used Colbert's bravado to get the Browns involved who liked the idea of adding the best TE in the draft to compliment his great offensive line and Leonard Fournette - the best back since Bo Jackson. Still need that QB, but getting closer.

13. CLEVELAND - OJ Howard TE Alabama

Cleveland goes Alabama and LSU but actually learns the good players from the bad players. Yahoo for Cleveland

14. PHILADELPHIA - Corey Davis WR W. Michigan
15. INDIANAPOLIS - Garrett Bolles T Utah

And.... Pittsburgh is NOW on the CLOCK

"I think we gotta take a player here. I think we got a pass rush with our front four athletic 300 pounders. Why don't we surround them with some better coverage to give them even more time to make plays and create more turnovers."

Mr. Rooney nods.

16. PITTSBURGH - Budda Baker SS Washington #32

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Pittsburgh coming out big d**k swinging like the days of Troy

17. WASHINGTON - Reuben Foster LB Alabama

Jay Gruden sees the best LB they've had since the ageless one London Fletcher

18. OAKLAND - Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford

TEN receives a 2017 3rd and 2017 6th for the move

19. TAMPA BAY - Solomon Thomas DE Stanford
20. DENVER - Cam Robinson T Alabama
21. DETROIT - Taco Charlton DE Michigan
22. MIAMI - Marlon Humphrey CB Alabama
23. NEW YORK - D'onta Foreman RB Texas

TENNESSEE.... is NOW on the CLOCK

And it's Colbert.

PIT trades 2nd round, 33rd overall, 4th round, 118th overall, and 4th round, 132nd overall to TEN for 1st round, 24th overall. TENNESSEE is happy to get some picks back moving down twice after moving up for Myles Garrett.

24. PITTSBURGH - Obi Melinfonwu FS UCONN #20

Really raw prospect. Really raw tackler. He's 6'4" 220 pounds and runs a 4.4 like a deer. Closing burst is what I'm interested in. I think you can turn him into a tackling machine because the physical traits are there he just needs technique work. A lot of technique work. Really raw. But the physical gifts and potential are worth the investment because he plays a game in which I'm unfamiliar. Kam Chancellor type impact but faster and I think he will run through a body better because he's got that next gear.

25. HOUSTON - Derek Barnett DE Tennessee
26. SEATTLE - Sidney Jones CB Washington

AND... PITTSBURGH is NOW on the CLOCK

27. PITTSBURGH - Jabrill Peppers DB Michigan #24

Impact player. CB. SS. FS. Nickel. Punt returns. Offensive plays. Pure football player. Pro Bowler. Probably Hall of Fame

If you think he is a LB bc he can tackle than you are stupid. Ty Law. Right?

I have him as a corner that can play safety eventually whenever he crosses that bridge. Probably a boundary corner...

28. DALLAS - Teez Tabor CB Florida
29. GREEN BAY - Forrest Lamp G W. Kentucky

AND.. PITTSBURGH is NOW ON THE CLOCK....

30. PITTSBURGH - Adoree' Jackson CB USC #21

And the Steelers just drafted four players for their secondary. Adoree' Jackson is not ONLY a ballhawk but the best punt returner in a stacked special teams class. He jumps Peppers in terms of punt returns on a daily basis. Dynamic punt returner. If Devin Hester had CB skills this is what you're looking at. High points the ball well. PLAYMAKER. Borderline, Young Ballers

It's a matchup league, folks.

RELEASED - Golden, Mitchell, Moats saving 8m cap hit

45. PITTSBURGH - Evan Engram TE Mississippi #80

6'3" 230 pounds. 4.4 speed. Takes the top off of coverage well. Tough, physical, hard to bring down.

59. PITTSBURGH - Carl Lawson OLB Auburn #56

Injuries guy. He is a LaMarr Woodley type OLB. Strong, powerful, rip and ilft

62. PITTSBURGH - Roderick Johnson T Florida State #69

6'7" 300 pounds. 36" reach. They say he reaches too much. Once he learns to let the guy come to him he will be an All-Pro. Physically imposing

87. PITTSBURGH - Kendall Beckwith LB LSU #51
*trade* 94th to 87th for 2018 5th

Injured ACL this past November. 2nd ILB to Reuben Foster for my money. Sniffs out the ball well. Great movement skills. Nasty player.

99. PITTSBURGH - Chad Hansen WR CAL #83

Surprised he didn't run 4.42 but a 4.5 guy. Tall 6'2" red zone threat. Shifty on screens. Excellent at high pointing the ball. Good leaper. Riley Cooper type.

105. PITTSBURGH - Tarik Cohen RB North Carolina A&T #26

The human joystick. 5'6" 4.4 speed. Not like Sproles, 5'6" and an accel-strength guy. This guy is more like Barry Sanders and is agility and elusiveness. Probably my favorite player in the draft. You can't touch him.

135. PITTSBURGH - Brad Kaaya QB Miami (FL) #9

Interesting prospect.

248. PITTSBURGH - Brian Allen DB Utah

Project. Practice squad guy. Converted WR, needs a few years of molding but should be a good player. 6'3" 4.48 34" arms with a 34.5" vert at a 6.68 3 cone. Really quick, tall, good leaper. Probably can ball a bit.

Player To Be Named Later in Roethlisberger deal: Sean Davis DB
JLambert58

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was actually trying to take this seriously until I got to the Marcus Gilbert for Josh Gordon trade. Trade Bell and sign Adrian Peterson... uh, no. Trade Ben & Sean Davis? Nope.

How bout we cut AB and sign Calvin Johnson out of retirement?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we the only ones that get trolled like this or is it through the forums?
Magnus-Viktor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Well that officially wins the contest for most insane post ever.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy is like herpes....the "gift" that keeps on giving.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im a fan of stupid comedy movies, so I enjoy reading some of these...

But we are getting into like Scary Movie 18 territory... Its over man.
Chieferific

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't read a post that long even if it made sense.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:
I wouldn't read a post that long even if it made sense.

Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Stay off the weeeeeeeeeeeeeed*

Stephen A Voice

Welcome to Sixburgh.
Steelers2014

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How bout everybody stops replying to this idiot and then he will slowly fade away.
KJtheWicked

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good post. I like all these great ideas. Perhaps after the draft Colbert could then edit his players and make everyone a 99 overall.
C$!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never knew there was NFL team fan fiction...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol this is hilarious and actually took work lol ill give you that but this makes no sense Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was certainly not expecting us to make a lot of moves in free agency but I don't understand why we haven't gone all out and signed a number of guys. This might be the last year Ben plays. Who knows he might even be done now.

I'm really concerned with our secondary. No way we get past new England with what we have now.
Steeler Hitman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DR43 wrote:
I was certainly not expecting us to make a lot of moves in free agency but I don't understand why we haven't gone all out and signed a number of guys. This might be the last year Ben plays. Who knows he might even be done now.

I'm really concerned with our secondary. No way we get past new England with what we have now.

No one has ever won the Super Bowl in March. Like most fans, I would have loved to sign a top flight CB or Edge rusher, but that takes big $$$. This is also one of the best years to draft Edge Rushers and CB's. We can get quality (young) talent to help us win now in the draft.

I still like our chances against New England or any other team in the NFL with a healthy, Ben, Brown, and Bell. I am not suggesting that we don't get better/improve, but we don't have to sign expensive players like Hightower and Gilmore to do that.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: