Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Needs
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big9erfan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
Juszczyk can do just about everything better than a backup RB would other than actually carrying the ball. He would line up in the backfield for the ravens in single back sets. He was able to take a handoff on draw plays and get yards although thats not what I'm counting on. Thats why I say he mitigates our need for a RB a little bit. We'll still need to add another to the roster but there a role he can play that allows us to not stress so much about the backup RB.

I still have 9+ positions that are of higher need than RB right now.

You must be counting on Hyde staying healthy all year - which is not a high probability based on his past. Besides, Shannahan showed a fondness for alternating backs every now and then. Not to mention he's shown that he likes backs he can spread out wide and Hyde doesn't look to me to be that kind of back. I would honestly be surprised if we don't take a RB somewhere in this draft, and I think in round 5 or higher not some low round prospect that turns out to be PS material.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
48 1/2ers wrote:
Juszczyk can do just about everything better than a backup RB would other than actually carrying the ball. He would line up in the backfield for the ravens in single back sets. He was able to take a handoff on draw plays and get yards although thats not what I'm counting on. Thats why I say he mitigates our need for a RB a little bit. We'll still need to add another to the roster but there a role he can play that allows us to not stress so much about the backup RB.

I still have 9+ positions that are of higher need than RB right now.

You must be counting on Hyde staying healthy all year - which is not a high probability based on his past. Besides, Shannahan showed a fondness for alternating backs every now and then. Not to mention he's shown that he likes backs he can spread out wide and Hyde doesn't look to me to be that kind of back. I would honestly be surprised if we don't take a RB somewhere in this draft, and I think in round 5 or higher not some low round prospect that turns out to be PS material.

Like I said I have higher expectations for Hyde. i think we could resign Droughn and be fine, I think we can sign Hightower and be fine. RBs are found in a lot of late round picks. I think a 5th round pick on a guy like DeAngelo Henderson would be great move. Shanahan has some trends we can acknowledge but he's only been an offensive coordinator and has never had the decision making power he now has so I wouldn't attribute 100% of what he's been a part of to his doing.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.Solomon thomas
2. Zay jones

Or

1.Mike williams
2.Jordan willis

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbrown wrote:
1.Solomon thomas
2. Zay jones

Or

1.Mike williams
2.Jordan willis

the player I trust the least here is Willis.. so I'd go option A

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
sbrown wrote:
1.Solomon thomas
2. Zay jones

Or

1.Mike williams
2.Jordan willis

Enlighten me on Willis. I seem to be the only fan of his. But I saw the production on the field. Backed up with the athleticism at the combine. Ive been wrong before (everette brown). What am I missing with Willis?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbrown wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
sbrown wrote:
1.Solomon thomas
2. Zay jones

Or

1.Mike williams
2.Jordan willis

Enlighten me on Willis. I seem to be the only fan of his. But I saw the production on the field. Backed up with the athleticism at the combine. Ive been wrong before (everette brown). What am I missing with Willis?

I'd guess he has lots of fans... maybe not here in the SF subforum, can't say for sure.

I was shocked when I saw his Combine numbers... shocked.. because he looked very stiff and sluggish to me when watching clips. He looked more like a 280 lb, run stuff 43DE. I didn't see frequent balance, bend around the arc, or shiftiness in his rush. For such a bigger edge guy, I am also not seeing enough power in him either.

I really can't explain the Combine numbers.. because I went back to look again.. and still saw the same issues.

If he were the choice in rd 2, I wouldn't throw my hands up in disgust... but I just don't see it. I don't see the good fit for this scheme.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbrown wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
sbrown wrote:
1.Solomon thomas
2. Zay jones

Or

1.Mike williams
2.Jordan willis

As the guy who famously predicted the Everette Brown bust, I'm not really high on Willis either. As oldman just mentioned, it's the power that I don't see in him. Maybe he can engage and disengage, but I saw him too often just avoid contact or bounce off opposing players, rather than put his hands on them. If all one does is look at the stat line and watch a highlight reel, it's easy to feel like he can be a good one. But the same was said of Corey Lemonier and Eli Harold. Maybe Willis can end up a low-end starter, but I don't think he's a double-digit sack guy.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
big9erfan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbrown wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
sbrown wrote:
1.Solomon thomas
2. Zay jones

Or

1.Mike williams
2.Jordan willis

Yeah. His combine numbers were great. But I didn't know a lot about him and thought maybe he was a workout warrior. But, no; his production was great. 20 sacks and 31.5 TFL the past two seasons. Not too shabby. Sames sack totals and almost the same TFL totals as Garret. A full tenth+ faster in the forty and a blazing first 10. Just about the same vert and broadjump as Garett. Pretty close to the best 3-cone at the combine among DL and LB guys. If that doesn't do ti then how about Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year (over the guy that's likely going first overall in the draft).

He does look less athletic than his numbers indicate. The one area where he really needs to improve is strength and power. Even there he was still in the combine top 20 out of about 90 guys at DL and LB position (and only one short of first for LBs). But a good NFL training program should do that for him. I don't get why I see him going as low as the third round in some mocks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: