Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Needs
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maverick41

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject: Draft Needs Reply with quote

Howdy.

In the process of preparing my mock drafts for the next six weeks. What would you say are the three or four most pressing needs for your team ranked in order of most to least?

Thanks!

bossvegas wrote:
to be fair some people just don't like traffic signs
indifference

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safety
TE
C
DE

BPA at either position plz
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think folks only consider TE such a need because this draft class is deep. Any other year, and TE wouldn't even be brought up.

Adopt-a-Buc Mike Evans 96 RECs 1,321 YDs 12 TDs
LazyBoyFil

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safety
RT
DE
C

backup QB

TE is not a need
at all
indifference

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
I think folks only consider TE such a need because this draft class is deep. Any other year, and TE wouldn't even be brought up.
Disagree. While I think Brate is a good player we literally have no depth behind him. Stocker is just a run blocker but he's always hurt. That being said I'm down for BPA at FS, RT, DE, TE, or even CB.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I consider TE a need is because Brate would be best served as a number two option. Ideally Howard would be around when our pick is up.

Adopt-a-Buc Jameis Winston 4,090 YDs 28 TDs 18 INTs
LazyBoyFil

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
I consider TE a need is because Brate would be best served as a number two option. Ideally Howard would be around when our pick is up.

Brate had 8TDs! on minimal targets

#probowlsnub

yeah we need a backup TE

but we aren't the pats we don't need 17 TEs

if we got one everyone is talking about matchup nightmare this and that , I guarantee you our #2 TE wouldn't be used enough to warrant a 1st round pick, I mean how much production do you expect from a TE2 ? 5 TDs? that would be pushing the extremes
we would have to be in double TE formation constantly to utilize the TE2 to warrant that pick
not to mention if we get down in games and are trying to come back we'd most likely be in 3 WR formations and one of the TEs would be sitting on the bench
im all for drafting BPA but in the 1st I just don't see that as BPA at all
indifference

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LazyBoyFil wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

#probowlsnub

yeah we need a backup TE

if we got one everyone is talking about matchup nightmare this and that , I guarantee you our #2 TE wouldn't be used enough to warrant a 1st round pick, I mean how much production do you expect from a TE2 ? 5 TDs? that would be pushing the extremes
we would have to be in double TE formation constantly to utilize the TE2 to warrant that pick
not to mention if we get down in games and are trying to come back we'd most likely be in 3 WR formations and one of the TEs would be sitting on the bench
Brate is good but we can do better at the TE position. Howard would be in an upgrade as a run blocker and he is heads and shoulders above him as a WR. Howard would have a bigger impact right out the gates. Not taking away from his red zone numbers because he was huge for us but Howard has potential to be one of the best in the league.

Koetter likes to run two tight end sets. That's really becoming a trend now in the league look at the Redskins for an example. Helps out the running game tremendously when you have inferior tackle play. (New England)
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is RB not even on anyone's list? Cause we resigned Rodgers? Lol

RB
WR
OT
DE
S
CB
TE

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
LazyBoyFil wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

#probowlsnub

yeah we need a backup TE

Brate is good but we can do better at the TE position. Howard would be in an upgrade as a run blocker and he is heads and shoulders above him as a WR. Howard would have a bigger impact right out the gates. Not taking away from his red zone numbers because he was huge for us but Howard has potential to be one of the best in the league.

Koetter likes to run two tight end sets. That's really becoming a trend now in the league look at the Redskins for an example. Helps out the running game tremendously when you have inferior tackle play. (New England)

I understand what you are saying about the inferior tackle play
but still , how would howard have impact right away, what stat line do you see howard having ?
brate had great numbers , do you think howard would equal those numbers in year 1 ?
think about all the targets we still have and having to spread the ball around

Quote:
How is RB not even on anyone's list? Cause we resigned Rodgers? Lol

because at the moment we have 2 decent ones and S and DE are bigger needs
indifference

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LazyBoyFil wrote:
indifference wrote:
LazyBoyFil wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

#probowlsnub

yeah we need a backup TE

I understand what you are saying about the inferior tackle play
but still , how would howard have impact right away, what stat line do you see howard having ?
brate had great numbers , do you think howard would equal those numbers in year 1 ?
think about all the targets we still have and having to spread the ball around

The impact right away is in reference to his inline blocking. Will help seal the outside sweeps/runs out. He was a good run blocker at Alabama and those type of skill sets usually transfer over out the gate. Have no idea what his overall state line would look like but I'm thinking around 40 catches 500+ yards 6-8 TD's for a yr 1 guy something like Hunter Henry got last year. I see what your saying with Evans/Jackson/Humphries and Brate will Howard will be used enough? That's a very valid question. I don't have the answer to that.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
The impact right away is in reference to his inline blocking. Will help seal the outside sweeps/runs out. He was a good run blocker at Alabama and those type of skill sets usually transfer over out the gate. Have no idea what his overall state line would look like but I'm thinking around 40 catches 500+ yards 6-8 TD's for a yr 1 guy something like Hunter Henry got last year. I see what your saying with Evans/Jackson/Humphries and Brate will Howard will be used enough? That's a very valid question. I don't have the answer to that.

So less than what we got from Brate? Because he was closer to 60 for 700.

Our TE is our third option now. Why would we spend a first on a backup TE who would be like our fifth option, at best; if we ignore Sims and whoever else we might have at RB. He'd probably see the field less than 40% of the time.

How is that worth the 19th pick in the draft?

REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:

No brate is absolutely a starting caliber TE in this league. Led all TEs in touchdowns. Watch his play. He's reliable target and some of the catches he's made...wow.

TE is not a need. It's a luxury pick if we get one in round 1. But to put it as a need, no.
indifference

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
indifference wrote:

So less than what we got from Brate? Because he was closer to 60 for 700.

Our TE is our third option now. Why would we spend a first on a backup TE who would be like our fifth option, at best; if we ignore Sims and whoever else we might have at RB. He'd probably see the field less than 40% of the time.

How is that worth the 19th pick in the draft?

Because he would start over Brate day 1. He'd help block for Winston and whoever is running the ball, all while being an upgrade in the pass game. Yeah, I'm projecting him to have less than Brate because now we have DeSean Jackson and Humphries will still get his targets. That and generally rookie tight ends don't produce high volume numbers off the bat. But, Howard has ability to be a Gronk level talent. That's why you take him at 19 overall. Premier TE's are a rarity in the NFL. They are hard to come by so when you can acquire one, take them. Running backs? Not so much, you can literally find good ones everywhere.

And Howard would be a second or third option depending how fast he picks up the plays. He's a freak athlete and too big for DB's and too fast for linebackers.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to break it to you, but we're not gonna bench Brate.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: