Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Needs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:

Don't make me show them the PMs you send me

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs

Dubz41

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When listing needs I think we should use DB instead of CB. I know this isn't a popular position, but TT thinks his CB situation is much better than last year. He signed a #2 CB in House and got his #1 CB back healthy in Randall. IF he drafts a DB in the first round chances are its Obi or Jabrill Peppers. Either one could come in to replace Hyde and that also sets TT up to deal with Burnett and Dix upcoming contracts. Plus, both Obi and Jabrill fit TT's explosion numbers. JMO.
Shanedorf

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not a bad thought and GB does like playing heavy nickle with 3 safeties on the field instead of 3 CBs all the time.

We also saw that Morgan Burnett played some at ILB and if GB opts to do more of that in 2017, it opens up more snaps at safety.

GB does like Kentrell Brice and he's pretty fast (not sure if he can cover) but he can deliver a hit as we all saw last fall.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dubz41 wrote:
When listing needs I think we should use DB instead of CB. I know this isn't a popular position, but TT thinks his CB situation is much better than last year. He signed a #2 CB in House and got his #1 CB back healthy in Randall. IF he drafts a DB in the first round chances are its Obi or Jabrill Peppers. Either one could come in to replace Hyde and that also sets TT up to deal with Burnett and Dix upcoming contracts. Plus, both Obi and Jabrill fit TT's explosion numbers. JMO.

Baker in round two!
CWood21

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shanedorf wrote:
Its not a bad thought and GB does like playing heavy nickle with 3 safeties on the field instead of 3 CBs all the time.

Has anyone actually charted the amount of 3 S looks we give? And I'm not talking about pseudo-safeties like Hyde. I'm talking about legitimate 3 safety looks.

PackFan4Life wrote:
I have been pooping like a unicorn for two days and it is freaky.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
squire12

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
Shanedorf wrote:

Has anyone actually charted the amount of 3 S looks we give? And I'm not talking about pseudo-safeties like Hyde. I'm talking about legitimate 3 safety looks.

How would you classify Hyde? Was he more of a CB or S? I think GB looked at him as a DB that could play in both roles. Maybe split his snaps as 1/2 CB, 1/2 safety.
CWood21

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

squire12 wrote:
How would you classify Hyde? Was he more of a CB or S? I think GB looked at him as a DB that could play in both roles. Maybe split his snaps as 1/2 CB, 1/2 safety.

DB. I think it's a more general description, since I don't believe he was a corner or a safety. He played what was needed.

PackFan4Life wrote:
I have been pooping like a unicorn for two days and it is freaky.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
Shanedorf

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
Shanedorf wrote:

2017 would be quite the challenge with the variable MASH unit they had on the back end each week. Not sure why'd you wanna count or discount Hyde's role, but here are the snap counts below

HaHa played 1031 defensive snaps per Football Outsiders
Burnett ...948
Hyde.....821
Brice ....261

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/snapcounts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: