Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Needs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PackyAttacky

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
PackyAttacky wrote:
But at the time did they view him as a swing tackle? If you are right on Back, maybe they felt like they were not going to be able to afford Back or they were sick of Bulaga being hurt. Teddy is damn good at drafting oline in the mid rounds not sure why he did not wait until then if they figured it would play out this way.

As I mentioned this time last year, I'd be VERY surprised if Ted hadn't reached out to Bakh's agent and get a feel for his price tag. Obviously, they weren't going to hammer out the details, but get an idea if they were receptive to an extension. And I think the bigger question is the salary attached to Bryan Bulaga. Most are complaining about him being an expensive guard, but he's the 3rd highest paid RT in terms of AAV behind Lane Johnson and Ricky Wagner. Bryan Bulaga would be the 20th most expensive guard in terms of AAV. Let that sink in.

Figured for sure RT money would be higher than guard money. What is AAV?
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackyAttacky wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
PackyAttacky wrote:
But at the time did they view him as a swing tackle? If you are right on Back, maybe they felt like they were not going to be able to afford Back or they were sick of Bulaga being hurt. Teddy is damn good at drafting oline in the mid rounds not sure why he did not wait until then if they figured it would play out this way.

As I mentioned this time last year, I'd be VERY surprised if Ted hadn't reached out to Bakh's agent and get a feel for his price tag. Obviously, they weren't going to hammer out the details, but get an idea if they were receptive to an extension. And I think the bigger question is the salary attached to Bryan Bulaga. Most are complaining about him being an expensive guard, but he's the 3rd highest paid RT in terms of AAV behind Lane Johnson and Ricky Wagner. Bryan Bulaga would be the 20th most expensive guard in terms of AAV. Let that sink in.

Average annual value
CWood21

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackyAttacky wrote:

Average Annual Value. And I had the same initial thought.

PackFan4Life wrote:
I have been pooping like a unicorn for two days and it is freaky.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
PackyAttacky wrote:

Average Annual Value. And I had the same initial thought.

Echo, echo, echo.
CWood21

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
Echo, echo, echo.

I thought you had finally got the memo and left...

PackFan4Life wrote:
I have been pooping like a unicorn for two days and it is freaky.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
Echo, echo, echo.

Everyone loves me. It's you they hate...
Pugger

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
PackyAttacky wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
PackyAttacky wrote:

Average annual value

What is meant by "average annual value"?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
PackyAttacky wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
PackyAttacky wrote:

Average annual value

Like if you sign a contract for 5 years, 25 million. 5 is the AAV, even if one year might be 2 mil then another pays 12.

Like how Perry's average is higher than his first year pay, it's just the average pay per year of the entire contract.
gizmo2012

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note to TT = go get your CB, Edge, RB, and OL in the first 4 rounds then go play around around all you want. Thank You
Pugger

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
Pugger wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
PackyAttacky wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
PackyAttacky wrote:

Average annual value

Like if you sign a contract for 5 years, 25 million. 5 is the AAV, even if one year might be 2 mil then another pays 12.

Like how Perry's average is higher than his first year pay, it's just the average pay per year of the entire contract.

Oh, okay. Thnx. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
Echo, echo, echo.

DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
Echo, echo, echo.

I hate both of you. Cool

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs

Shanedorf

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think QB is a draft need at all, but didn't know where else to put this one on Hundley's progress

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2017/04/04/hundley-expects-market-value-keep-rising/100023700/

Coach Mike McCarthy’s hybrid West Coast system is a significant departure from the spread attack he conducted under UCLA coach Jim Mora Jr. Hundley said the game moved quickly as a rookie. The transition took time.

Maybe his biggest adjustment was vision. Running the option in college, Hundley had to be aware all around him. He had to know what was happening to his left and right.

In Green Bay, McCarthy wants his quarterbacks focused vertically, eyes always downfield.
“I’ve always been a vertical,” McCarthy said, “going back to the traditional. So that’s a big adjustment for him and his footwork, throwing the ball with his hips and shoulders and rotation, not just with his arm.

Because you get guys that are on the move all the time, and they don’t have good fundamentals. His velocity has already increased.
“So he’s making gains in the fundamental aspects of quarterback play.”
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think QB is a need, yet. Hundley is under contract for the next two seasons. I doubt he is going to show enough in preseason to get a return the team would trade him for, and to be completely honest, it seems more a Packers move to just let him walk as a FA and collect whichever comp pick his contract earns.

I am excited to see what he does this preseason, as injuries derailed most of that for him last year.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs

NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
Echo, echo, echo.

I hate both of you. Cool

Don't make me show them the PMs you send me

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: