Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Needs
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maverick41

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Draft Needs Reply with quote

Howdy.

In the process of preparing my mock drafts for the next six weeks. What would you say are the three or four most pressing needs for your team ranked in order of most to least?

Thanks!

bossvegas wrote:
to be fair some people just don't like traffic signs
{Family Ghost}

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Draft Needs Reply with quote

Maverick41 wrote:
Howdy.

In the process of preparing my mock drafts for the next six weeks. What would you say are the three or four most pressing needs for your team ranked in order of most to least?

Thanks!

CB
OLB/EDGE
RB
OG
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In order of actual need:

RB
CB
OG
EDGE

Order taking into account value and positional importance:

CB
EDGE
RB
OG

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be shocked if we didn't pick a corner who was even close to BPA on the board in the first
byzr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CB no explanation needed real

G losing Lang and Sitton in 6 months has really depleted the guard position. I'm fine with taking a guy in the first at this point.

Edge rusher I think this is a top 3 need almost every year. CM3 is aging and may be better suited at ILB and being moved around.

DE/NT We have Daniels, Clark, and Lowry

Returner with Hyde leaving is there anyone other than Cobb who teams are going to really have to worry about

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good question Maverick. I'm going a different direction than most here. I'm confident that we'll have a CB in our top three picks, but I don't think we go there first. I think we take the best pass rusher first, followed by the best RB, then the best CB. Sure, the order may be off and there's a strong possibility we will draft an OL early; but we have bigger holes at RB and EDGE. Ergo, I have to go with the following:

EDGE
RB
OL
CB
ILB
DL
smetana34

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

byzr wrote:

G losing Lang and Sitton in 6 months has really depleted the guard position. I'm fine with taking a guy in the first at this point.

The offensive line starters are set. If Thompson blows a 1st on a backup guard, I'll be upset.

Uncle Buck: "I'm expecting Kate Beckinsale to dump her husband and run away with me."
incognito_man wrote:

you probably have better odds of running off with Tebow.
PackyAttacky

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

byzr wrote:
CB no explanation needed real

Edge rusher I think this is a top 3 need almost every year. CM3 is aging and may be better suited at ILB and being moved around.

DE/NT We have Daniels, Clark, and Lowry

Returner with Hyde leaving is there anyone other than Cobb who teams are going to really have to worry about

I pray no guard in the first. Better be the best guard in NFL history to do that. D or RB. Teddy T has made a career out of getting mid round olinemen. Hope we stick with that. Barclay or Lucas Patrick start until that mid rounder is ready. If you want one really bad you draft them in the 3rd instead of the 4th.
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smetana34 wrote:
byzr wrote:

The offensive line starters are set. If Thompson blows a 1st on a backup guard, I'll be upset.

So you have Barclay at RG?
KManX89

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
smetana34 wrote:
byzr wrote:

Spriggs is currently listed at RG on our Yahoo sports depth chart.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
smetana34 wrote:
byzr wrote:

You don't waste 3 picks to move up and take Spriggs only for him to be a swing tackle yet again. Either he or Bulaga will kick inside. Bulaga hasn't shown any reason to be moved, so Spriggs will start inside and kick out if an injury arises.

Uncle Buck: "I'm expecting Kate Beckinsale to dump her husband and run away with me."
incognito_man wrote:

you probably have better odds of running off with Tebow.
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say DL is more of a need than OL. They have enough guys that someone between Barclay, Murphy, Patrick, Spriggs/Bulaga can man the RG position.

On the other hand, while they may like that Price, Daniels, Lowry group you want a six man rotation on the DL, and their only other rostered DL are UDFA Brian Price and Letroy Guion (who is suspended for the first 4 weeks). That's not enough to go to camp with, let alone go to week 1 with.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDGE
RB
CB
OG
ILB

those are the most glaring openings IMO in order
skibrett15

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if spriggs is given a chance to compete with Barclay, he will win the job. It's pretty much that simple.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skibrett15 wrote:
if spriggs is given a chance to compete with Barclay, he will win the job. It's pretty much that simple.

If Spriggs is in the same ballpark as Barclay in T.C. he will win. That part is simple. Hope to God he isn't well below him. Unless that means DB is the next Sitton or something...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: