You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Needs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
I guess our BPA philosophy is out the window now along with Scot. It's now BPA AT A POSITION OF NEED . Crying or Very sad

We will see, at 17 I'm targeting Barnet out of Tennessee. Fits a need and could be BPA.
Barnett is 6'3" 265 lbs, he would play OLB in a 3-4. We have Kerrigan, Preston Smith, Trent Murphy and Galette returning (and Houston Bates). How is OLB a need?
They're all good, none are great. We don't have an elite pass rusher.

I think with S, we have a depth need. It's not something I see us taking early, but mid rounds sure.

The rest I agree with your OP on this topic.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Slateman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Literally every position is a position of need for the Redskins. Trent is a drug pop away from a year long suspension, there is one proven wide receiver here for the long term, Breeland has one more year left, and Cravens has never shown that he can play safety on all three downs at any point in his life. So, literally, there is no where that the Redskins can afford to pass on.

If Malik Hooker is there, you take him. If Leonard Fournette is there, take him. If Mike Williams is on the board, take him. If Cam Robinson is there, take him. Whoever is the highest rated on your draft board, you take him

You take the best player with the highest ceiling in the draft. You solve your needs with free agency.

Of course we're totally screwed on this because Bruce Allen will be making the draft board.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
Literally every position is a position of need for the Redskins. Trent is a drug pop away from a year long suspension, there is one proven wide receiver here for the long term, Breeland has one more year left, and Cravens has never shown that he can play safety on all three downs at any point in his life. So, literally, there is no where that the Redskins can afford to pass on.

If Malik Hooker is there, you take him. If Leonard Fournette is there, take him. If Mike Williams is on the board, take him. If Cam Robinson is there, take him. Whoever is the highest rated on your draft board, you take him

You take the best player with the highest ceiling in the draft. You solve your needs with free agency.

Of course we're totally screwed on this because Bruce Allen will be making the draft board.
Draft board could have already been close to done by McCloughan and I would say that Scott Campbell and Doug Williams probably do more work in that area than Bruce.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Slateman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:

Draft board could have already been close to done by McCloughan and I would say that Scott Campbell and Doug Williams probably do more work in that area than Bruce.

Not before the combine. Literally the most important event of the year for a GM.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:

Not before the combine. Literally the most important event of the year for a GM.
Oh well, I trust Doug Williams and Scott Campbell will evaluate the prospects properly.

Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
I guess our BPA philosophy is out the window now along with Scot. It's now BPA AT A POSITION OF NEED . Crying or Very sad

We will see, at 17 I'm targeting Barnet out of Tennessee. Fits a need and could be BPA.

Most mocks I have seen have Barnett not making it past New Orleans at 11.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

He's the all time record holder in sacks at Tennessee, which is a legit power in the SEC. He probably goes top 10.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Woz wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

He's the all time record holder in sacks at Tennessee, which is a legit power in the SEC. He probably goes top 10.

Very possibly, but New Orleans probably is his floor. In any event, he likely isn't available to us at 17.
Slateman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Oh well, I trust Doug Williams and Scott Campbell will evaluate the prospects properly.

Lol yep those two were so great we had to go out and get a "senior scout"
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

I think we hired McCloughan more for PR than anything else. Allen got killed after his press conference following the 2014 season and he's stupid "winning off the field" comment in that press conference.

Bruce & Dan knew they had to do something to change the perception in the public of their front office so they did with the hiring of McCloughan.

That never meant that they were going to agree with everything McCloughan thought they should do. It all seemed like a mirage in hindsight.

That being said, Scott Campbell has done a lot of work scouting for the skins. Both he and Williams were here in 2014. Doug Williams I believe was responsible for Anthony Lanier, who has a ton of untapped potential so I like those guys.

I continue to look back at our 2014 offseason and see the groundwork that was laid to get us to where we are now - including the hiring of Jay Gruden - and think that those two along with Allen can do the job.

Maybe I'm wrong, only time will tell.

Slateman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

I think we hired McCloughan more for PR than anything else. Allen got killed after his press conference following the 2014 season and he's stupid "winning off the field" comment in that press conference.

Bruce & Dan knew they had to do something to change the perception in the public of their front office so they did with the hiring of McCloughan.

That never meant that they were going to agree with everything McCloughan thought they should do. It all seemed like a mirage in hindsight.

That being said, Scott Campbell has done a lot of work scouting for the skins. Both he and Williams were here in 2014. Doug Williams I believe was responsible for Anthony Lanier, who has a ton of untapped potential so I like those guys.

I continue to look back at our 2014 offseason and see the groundwork that was laid to get us to where we are now - including the hiring of Jay Gruden - and think that those two along with Allen can do the job.

That they had to hire someone competent to be a GM to cover up the had PR from making stupid football related decisions the previous 4 years. The culmination of that stupidity being the Robert Griffin III trade that went on to criple player development the next two off-seasons.

Denial ain't a river in Egypt. Its your state of mind.
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:

se we're totally screwed on this because Bruce Allen will be making the draft board.

What actions and results have these two led or achieved that leads you to "trust" them? They are prob nice people but are positioned by Bruce as pawns to take the incoming fire diverting attention from Bruce
Classic poor leadership 101

We had an accomplished GM with a track record of success. The owner and president blantanty lied to the fans when they said Scot was in charge. The Chiseler lies even more than he threatens to sue people- and that's a lot. I'm going to enter it into the dictionary- Snydered- to be repeatedly lied to, cheated by, and manipulated by a chiseling self absorbed waste of human kind.
MikeT14

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

If it's about PR.... THEN WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY DOING NOW?

- mike23md

D.C. Sports: Hope is fine, but believing is where we screw up.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Poor PR?

Like I've said over and over I don't expect the Redskins to have good PR. They haven't had good PR since Snyder bought the team. I'm numb to it.

21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Poor PR?

Like I've said over and over I don't expect the Redskins to have good PR. They haven't had good PR since Snyder bought the team. I'm numb to it.

Numb to what? Failure! That's what it seems like to me because that's what they are doing. Yet you still try to come up with soooo many ways on how they will one day win a SB. I don't understand that. Your this forums Larry Michaels. Its like you have to say good things about people who suck at their job or in a very important part of it. I seriously wonder sometimes do you really work for Danny boy Laughing Question

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: