Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Needs
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maverick41

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject: Draft Needs Reply with quote

Howdy.

In the process of preparing my mock drafts for the next six weeks. What would you say are the three or four most pressing needs for your team ranked in order of most to least?

Thanks!

bossvegas wrote:
to be fair some people just don't like traffic signs
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WR
CB

S

ILB
TE
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.) #1 CB - Nothing proven outside of Logan Ryan who at best is a #2 CB/NB(which isn't a bad thing). McCourty is trash and should be cut as soon as we establish the other starting spot. I like Sims and think he can develop into at least a #2 CB. For now, he can be the guy who comes in on nickel packages and plays the #2 CB role while Ryan slides to nickel. McCain is below average.

2.) #1 WR - Rishard Matthews is a perfect #3. Need a #1. Sharpe is nothing more than a #3 at best(if that).

3.) S - Byard has one of the spots. Cyprien seems to have the box safety on lock but the Titans also play 3 Safety sets a lot. Brydon Trawick actually might be that guy but I'd prefer they draft one. Adams or even Hooker would be nice. Hooker can play deep. Adams can cover deep, play in the box, or line up against slow WRs.

4.) TE - Didn't resign Fasano and behind Delanie Walker is slim with Supernaw(a career #3 TE) and Jace Amaro who is a solid but was damn near inactive every game because he's garbage at blocking. Could definitely see them targeting TEs who can block and be a receiving threat in the draft(Howard).

5.) ILB - A little iffy on this one because I feel they signed Cyprien to be a nickel LB in nickel packages taking Woodyard and Williamson off the field. Doubt they target an ILB high if at all.

6.) #3 RB - Not really important but for later round needs, is go with another RB. Maybe one that isn't the same as Murray/Henry and that can do other things like.... SPT especially returner.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
renndawg37

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wide receiver (desperately need a guy with real speed)
Corner
Linebacker (very little depth, ILBs could be upgraded)
titans0021

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Wide receiver. Rishard Matthews is a good No. 2, but there's virtually nothing else on the roster behind him.

2. Cornerback. Logan Ryan helps. LeShaun Sims may become a decent corner. But there's almost nothing behind those two and counting on Sims is a dangerous move regardless.

3. Safety. Realistically, this probably isn't as high on the front office's list. But I don't like relying on Cyprien as a starting safety since he can't play the pass and there's a real need for someone with some range and ability to create plays.

4. Inside linebacker. Maybe Cyprien plays the dime ILB role and that bumps this down a spot or two. Otherwise, we need some athleticism and pass defense at this spot pretty desperately. Current starters (Avery Williamson and Wesley Woodyard) are pretty much the exact same player.

5. Tight end. Some will have this higher. Meh. We've got a great tight end in Delanie Walker, but we need a backup that can make the occasional catch and serve as a strong blocker.

6. Interior offensive line depth. Lost Schwenke, need a guy that can play guard and center.

7. Third pass rusher. Need someone to take snaps from Morgan/Orakpo.

Props to mike23md on the sig
renndawg37

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
1. Wide receiver. Rishard Matthews is a good No. 2, but there's virtually nothing else on the roster behind him.

2. Cornerback. Logan Ryan helps. LeShaun Sims may become a decent corner. But there's almost nothing behind those two and counting on Sims is a dangerous move regardless.

3. Safety. Realistically, this probably isn't as high on the front office's list. But I don't like relying on Cyprien as a starting safety since he can't play the pass and there's a real need for someone with some range and ability to create plays.

4. Inside linebacker. Maybe Cyprien plays the dime ILB role and that bumps this down a spot or two. Otherwise, we need some athleticism and pass defense at this spot pretty desperately. Current starters (Avery Williamson and Wesley Woodyard) are pretty much the exact same player.

5. Tight end. Some will have this higher. Meh. We've got a great tight end in Delanie Walker, but we need a backup that can make the occasional catch and serve as a strong blocker.

6. Interior offensive line depth. Lost Schwenke, need a guy that can play guard and center.

Calling Tajae Sharpe "virtually nothing" is a little harsh. He flashed as a rookie.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. TE
2. OG
3. WR
4. CB

Just kidding. I figured I could get someone mad at me when they started reading this. Seriously though....

1. WR
2. CB
3. S
4. TE
5. ILB
6. OG/C
7. EDGE

Last edited by TitanSS on Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total
TitanSS

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

renndawg37 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

Calling Tajae Sharpe "virtually nothing" is a little harsh. He flashed as a rookie.

Saying a guy who averaged 2 receptions for 28 yards over his final 13 games flashed is a little harsh. Dude is a depth player.
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

renndawg37 wrote:

After September he averaged 2 receptions and 28 yards per game. For the season he had a catch rate under 50%... all other Titans receivers, TEs, and RBs were over 60%...
TitanSS

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
renndawg37 wrote:

After September he averaged 2 receptions and 28 yards per game. For the season he had a catch rate under 50%... all other Titans receivers, TEs, and RBs were over 60%...

I hijacked your own statistic and responded before you could! haha
titans0021

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Sharpe flashed in camp. Once the regular season came around, he really didn't show anything that makes me think he's more than a good No. 4 in the future.

I am completely uncomfortable expecting him to be a starting-caliber receiver next season.

Props to mike23md on the sig
TT4Life7

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharpe flashed in the season opener, got smacked, had a concussion, and that was pretty much it for the year. He showed very, very little to think he could be anything more than a 4.

2015 Adopt-A-Titan:
Marcus Mariota
Byron Stingily
Justin615$

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WR
CB
LB
TE
S

Sig by El Ramster
2016 Adopt-A-Titan
1. Rashad Johnson : 38 TKLS, 1 PD, 1 FF
2. Sean Spence : 54 TKLS, 3 SACKS, 5 PD, 1 FF
Ockham

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mularky's offense has always gotten vast majority of passes to two receivers. Our TE is one. Our #1 WR will be the other. 2nd wide receiver will never get many receptions in this offense. If we get someone better than Matthews, Mathews will get 20-30 catches. It's not like Matthews and Walker keep their catches and we add a guy who gets 100 more.

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ockham wrote:
Mularky's offense has always gotten vast majority of passes to two receivers. Our TE is one. Our #1 WR will be the other. 2nd wide receiver will never get many receptions in this offense. If we get someone better than Matthews, Mathews will get 20-30 catches. It's not like Matthews and Walker keep their catches and we add a guy who gets 100 more.

20-30 catches for our 3rd option is low.

Last year we had

Murray's catches may go down since but not significantly... so that's a couple more going to the other guys. We could also pass a little more... again, not too significant. Last year we were one of the run heavier fans, running 48% of the time. League average is 43%, so even getting closer to league average (and near Mularkey's historical ratio) would give us about 70 more attempts for the season. If we add a good option in the draft, I could see something along the lines of

75 WR1
65 TE1
60 WR2
50 RB
30 WR3 or TE2
30 all other options

320 completions, only 13 more than last year...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: