Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Needs
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maverick41

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject: Draft Needs Reply with quote

Howdy.

In the process of preparing my mock drafts for the next six weeks. What would you say are the three or four most pressing needs for your team ranked in order of most to least?

Thanks!

bossvegas wrote:
to be fair some people just don't like traffic signs
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Defense
2. Offense
3. Special teams.

But seriously...

1. QB
2. Pass rusher
3. Defensive backs, more specifically, safeties.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Marky

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB
S
Pass Rusher
CB
WR
DT next to Shelton

XBL-theUrbanator69
Student @ smww.com
Twitter: @draft4mark
Bonanza23

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You name it bro we need it. Except guard. Yeah except that.

If we don't get a QB we'll continue to suck. For real. We have a line again. Theoretically we can get said QB.

Thanks Reg!
brownie man

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if we're talking about true pure need it would have to be safety.

You can compete with Kessler

Right now there is no way we can have a competitive defense with our safeties.

Everywhere else is really an upgrade. But we need a safety like a fish needs water.
Deshone Kizer, Malik Hooker, Carlos Watkins, Adoree Jackson, Budda Baker, TJ Watt, Montravius Adams, Ryan Switzer, Kendall Beckwith, Davis Webb, Des Lawrence, Shelton Gibson, Jamaal Williams, Bucky Hodges
Bonanza23

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownie man wrote:

Everywhere else is really an upgrade. But we need a safety like a fish needs water.

Compete with Kessler? Come on brownie man, we can only hope to sustain what we've been doing if our starter goes down with Kessler.

Thanks Reg!
Mastercheddaar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

Edge rusher, A good starting QB (not a party boy, not a 40 year old rookie, nor a noodle armed pretty boy), Safety, Corner, and depth at all positions. So basically Garret, Trubisky and DBs with BPA in the later rounds.

that is all

Mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonanza23 wrote:
brownie man wrote:

Compete with Kessler? Come on brownie man, we can only hope to sustain what we've been doing if our starter goes down with Kessler.

In the last 18 seasons the Browns have had a QB start more than 2 games in a season and record a rating of over 90 twice. 36 year old McCown in 2015 and the rookie last year. I find it hard to believe that Kessler has so little support.
dawgdish

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB
S
DE
CB

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonanza23 wrote:
brownie man wrote:

I look back to the Washington, Tennessee, and Miami games and I can say we were competing in those games. Our defense would never compete with our current safeties.
Deshone Kizer, Malik Hooker, Carlos Watkins, Adoree Jackson, Budda Baker, TJ Watt, Montravius Adams, Ryan Switzer, Kendall Beckwith, Davis Webb, Des Lawrence, Shelton Gibson, Jamaal Williams, Bucky Hodges
freakygeniuskid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
In the last 18 seasons the Browns have had a QB start more than 2 games in a season and record a rating of over 90 twice. 36 year old McCown in 2015 and the rookie last year. I find it hard to believe that Kessler has so little support.

I don't get it at all. He was better than Wentz last year who everyone nationally seems to be lampooning us for not taking. While Wentz certainly has a higher ceiling, Kessler absolutely looked like the kind of Dalton-esque guy who can game-manage you into the playoffs if he has an excellent team around him.

So should we look for an upgrade? Absolutely! And we should be aware that he's had health issues (although having a top 5 line in front of him now should help there). But we aren't starting a joke who shouldn't be on the field at QB with Kessler, the way we are at both safety spots right now.

Taking positional scarcity/priority out of it...

Safety (both spots)
Pass Rusher
Middle of the field receiver (slot WR or TE)
QB (but only if a good one is available via trade or post 1.1)
Pass rushing DT

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freakygeniuskid wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:

I don't get it at all. He was better than Wentz last year who everyone nationally seems to be lampooning us for not taking. While Wentz certainly has a higher ceiling, Kessler absolutely looked like the kind of Dalton-esque guy who can game-manage you into the playoffs if he has an excellent team around him.

So should we look for an upgrade? Absolutely! And we should be aware that he's had health issues (although having a top 5 line in front of him now should help there). But we aren't starting a joke who shouldn't be on the field at QB with Kessler, the way we are at both safety spots right now.

It's all because those first few games when Wentz put up ridiculous numbers. Which I guess is a bit strange because you'd think it would be the most recent ones that would be remembered the most. But for whatever reason, the hype from those first few games has defined Wentz, and not the mostly awful rest of the year he had.

I was bored the other night so I watched Kessler's games on youtube. Someone has put up all of his throws from each game. He really does show moxie, innate pocket presence, accuracy and is good throwing on the run. But man it's such a shame he has a weak arm. I know people say it's not that bad but it is weak IMO. And I noticed that in games the safeties would come down and squeeze the field and he wasn't really able to take advantage of it. But jesus was the OL terrible. Almost got him killed every week.

When I think about it, he was really quite impressive fo a third round supposedly overdrafted rookie QB. Just gutted that he is limited physically.
MWil23

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still firmly believe that a #1 receiver is a huge area of need. It's not Kenny Britt and Coleman isn't going to be a viable Red Zone threat either.

Also the secondary.

Also Pass Rush

Also QB

Other wildcards are a game changing RB and an athletic TE

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poorbytehshore wrote:
freakygeniuskid wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:

It's all because those first few games when Wentz put up ridiculous numbers. Which I guess is a bit strange because you'd think it would be the most recent ones that would be remembered the most. But for whatever reason, the hype from those first few games has defined Wentz, and not the mostly awful rest of the year he had.

I was bored the other night so I watched Kessler's games on youtube. Someone has put up all of his throws from each game. He really does show moxie, innate pocket presence, accuracy and is good throwing on the run. But man it's such a shame he has a weak arm. I know people say it's not that bad but it is weak IMO. And I noticed that in games the safeties would come down and squeeze the field and he wasn't really able to take advantage of it. But jesus was the OL terrible. Almost got him killed every week.

When I think about it, he was really quite impressive fo a third round supposedly overdrafted rookie QB. Just gutted that he is limited physically.

Yeah he does have a weak arm for a starter and I realize that is where a lot of his naysayers are coming from and I get that. However, he isn't utterly useless at QB and he can throw the ball down the field just not into tight areas.

I would go with Kessler and keep drafting mid round guys until someone is good enough to beat him out of the job. Maybe we find a Russell Wilson, Dak Prescott, Matt Hasselbeck or Tom Brady. Maybe we build a good enough team around Kessler that we win playoff games with him. Hoyer's arm was pathetic but he still found guys wide open down the field and under threw them by 10 yards and they still made the catch, Kessler can do that.

With a good run game, a good short/short-intermediate passing game play action with get guys wide open at time and Kessler can get the ball there it is just high arcing. Garoppolo throws down field the same way, he can fire it but with almost no accuracy so he lobs intermediate/deep throws and he is being valued pretty high by some.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MWil23 wrote:
I still firmly believe that a #1 receiver is a huge area of need. It's not Kenny Britt and Coleman isn't going to be a viable Red Zone threat either.

Also the secondary.

Also Pass Rush

Also QB

Other wildcards are a game changing RB and an athletic TE

Coleman isn't going to be a big target in the red zone but he can still be a red zone threat. He averaged 1.5 TD per game his last 2 years in college. Antonio Brown has had over 10 for the last few seasons. He does need to improve but he still has potential to be a #1. Sure, having a Gordon type #1 would be awesome but I wouldn't put that near the top of our priorities. Any starting caliber WR will do, I don't think you have to shoot for the moon.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: