You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Packers sign CB Davon House 1yr/$2.8m
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From House draft thread

palmy50 wrote:
Kid has a big mouth, but looks to be a very solid CB prospect. Might be just the type for Woodson to put under his wing.

lol.

He showed that this year it seems in JAX.

I miss Palmy.
Cadmus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
From House draft thread

palmy50 wrote:
Kid has a big mouth, but looks to be a very solid CB prospect. Might be just the type for Woodson to put under his wing.

lol.

I miss Palmy.

House was visibly upset on the field during Week 3 of 2016 (with what I assume to be the play-calling of the DC).

He seems to play with a lot of pride, which I have zero problem with at the CB position.
CWood21

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
I just don't think House is a #1, and that's where I think the hole was. Yes he's good in press man, but Capers prefers to run a little bit of everything. He also was wildly inconsistent before in GB, so I suspect 2015 was more an aberration to the high than what you can reasonably hope to get out of him on a regular basis. He may end up being a serviceable starter. I have hopes for him as a #2, but I'm hoping Randall bounces back and can take the #1 spot because I don't see it as House.

He doesn't need to be a #1 lockdown corner. We just need some resemblance of stability at cornerback. I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not ready to give up on Damarious Randall and I believe that they're drafting a corner relatively early this year so I'd imagine that between the two of them we're likely have a brighter future at corner than we did when we ended the season.

PackFan4Life wrote:
I have been pooping like a unicorn for two days and it is freaky.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
spilltray wrote:
I just don't think House is a #1, and that's where I think the hole was. Yes he's good in press man, but Capers prefers to run a little bit of everything. He also was wildly inconsistent before in GB, so I suspect 2015 was more an aberration to the high than what you can reasonably hope to get out of him on a regular basis. He may end up being a serviceable starter. I have hopes for him as a #2, but I'm hoping Randall bounces back and can take the #1 spot because I don't see it as House.

He doesn't need to be a #1 lockdown corner. We just need some resemblance of stability at cornerback. I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not ready to give up on Damarious Randall and I believe that they're drafting a corner relatively early this year so I'd imagine that between the two of them we're likely have a brighter future at corner than we did when we ended the season.

I agree #1 lockdown CB was the hole.

Now did we want to give any of the contracts out there, or trade for Tru or Malcolm and pay them to fill that?

If not, then I don't know what...............I don't know anything. What do you do? Create one in a lab that you only pay cheap?

Imagine if we were after 2015, what we thought of QR and Randall. But Shields said, I'm retiring. And we added House back somehow after the year he had.

Would anyone freak out?
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadmus wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
From House draft thread

palmy50 wrote:

lol.

I miss Palmy.

House was visibly upset on the field during Week 3 of 2016 (with what I assume to be the play-calling of the DC).

He seems to play with a lot of pride, which I have zero problem with at the CB position.

Just connects the dots with him coming out in the media a few times and after the year about how he was used. And the talk about how the HC wouldn't talk to him about why he was benched. And probably why he never played again.

I don't have an issue with it either. We handled it fine last time it seems.
Cadmus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
Cadmus wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
From House draft thread

palmy50 wrote:

lol.

I miss Palmy.

Just connects the dots with him coming out in the media a few times and after the year about how he was used. And the talk about how the HC wouldn't talk to him about why he was benched. And probably why he never played again.

I don't have an issue with it either. We handled it fine last time it seems.

House was my 5th ranked Corner in 2011 and a Top 50 player on my draft board that year. Only CBs I had ahead of him in 2011 were Peterson, Amukamara, Smith, and Williams.

I honestly thought he was a lock for the 2nd Rd that year, but I guess being a loudmouth and playing on a terrible NMSU team was enough to drop him to the 4th.

To be fair though, I'm a sucker for length and athleticism at the CB position. I had Dowling 6th, Brown 7th and I had Marsh rated much higher than consensus that year.
wgbeethree

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know how to search past threads on here? I remember doing a bunch of research on the numbers comparing him and Tramon and how they fared against the same recievers at the time. If anybody knows how to find that and would PM me a link to the thread or post it in here that would be awesome

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wgbeethree wrote:
Anyone know how to search past threads on here? I remember doing a bunch of research on the numbers comparing him and Tramon and how they fared against the same recievers at the time. If anybody knows how to find that and would PM me a link to the thread or post it in here that would be awesome

I just try my hand at Google. I'd need to know maybe some keywords in the title or something to find that.
Pugger

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deltarich87 wrote:
Well so much for that "source" from Packer Report that said House would be signing soon, but not with GB

This is a move that made sense from the get-go for both parties. House won't be the elixir to the secondary woes but it should help the depth and give them a familiar face to bring back to the fold. Need to address it in the draft as well

Quote:

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet

#Packers are bringing back CB Davon House, as @TomSilverstein said. House gets 1-yr, roughly $3.5M, source said (while visiting Pitt today).

Solid deal all around

I heard House's agent got a call from us while House was visting Pittsburgh! Laughing
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
deltarich87 wrote:
Well so much for that "source" from Packer Report that said House would be signing soon, but not with GB

This is a move that made sense from the get-go for both parties. House won't be the elixir to the secondary woes but it should help the depth and give them a familiar face to bring back to the fold. Need to address it in the draft as well

Quote:

#Packers are bringing back CB Davon House, as @TomSilverstein said. House gets 1-yr, roughly $3.5M, source said (while visiting Pitt today).

Solid deal all around

I heard House's agent got a call from us while House was visting Pittsburgh! Laughing

Some Steelers beat guy said House agreed to terms with us in their waiting room lol
jfinley88

Location: fin-land Metaphysical & Eternal EveryoneLoveEveryone
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
Pugger wrote:
deltarich87 wrote:

Quote:

Solid deal all around

Some Steelers beat guy said House agreed to terms with us in their waiting room lol

they put a potential FA signing in a waiting room lol
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
Pugger wrote:
deltarich87 wrote:

Quote:

Solid deal all around

they put a potential FA signing in a waiting room lol

Well like a lobby after he met with them.
palmy50

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
From House draft thread

palmy50 wrote:

lol.

I miss Palmy.

I'm still here. Just reading more and posting less these days. I still get on just about every day though.
Shanedorf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any thoughts on 2017 House ?
Cadmus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So about the 2011 Draft Class....

The first 3 Corners selected were: Patrick Peterson (5), Prince Amukamara (19), and Jimmy Smith (27).

Then there were 15 more CBs selected between Jimmy Smith and Davon House (131). Only 1 of the those 15 CBs selected after Smith and before House is still in the NFL and he plays Safety (Marcus Gilchrist).

Shocked

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: