Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Packers sign CB Davon House 1yr/$2.8m
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
palmy50

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shanedorf wrote:
any thoughts on 2017 House ?

We sure liked him in our room. Money was right also. No clue why the market didn't set strong for him. Pretty solid player at a premium spot when healthy and the med was clean.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
Shanedorf wrote:

We sure liked him in our room. Money was right also. No clue why the market didn't set strong for him. Pretty solid player at a premium spot when healthy and the med was clean.

Applause

Good to see you roaming.

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
Cadmus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
Shanedorf wrote:

Perhaps because he wasn't a former 1st Rd Pick?

Those guys always seem to get more looks in FA (regardless of performance) based solely on draft pedigree. Look at the top of the FA market at CB: Gilmore, Kirkpatrick, Claiborne and Amukamara were all former 1st Rd Picks.

That combined with recency bias of being sent to the bench during the 2016 NFL season in Jacksonville probably killed House's market.
PackyAttacky

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadmus wrote:
So about the 2011 Draft Class....

The first 3 Corners selected were: Patrick Peterson (5), Prince Amukamara (19), and Jimmy Smith (27).

Then there were 15 more CBs selected between Jimmy Smith and Davon House (131). Only 1 of the those 15 CBs selected after Smith and before House is still in the NFL and he plays Safety (Marcus Gilchrist).

Shocked

Teddy T is the man!
CentralFC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadmus wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
Shanedorf wrote:

Those guys always seem to get more looks in FA (regardless of performance) based solely on draft pedigree. Look at the top of the FA market at CB: Gilmore, Kirkpatrick, Claiborne and Amukamara were all former 1st Rd Picks.

That combined with recency bias of being sent to the bench during the 2016 NFL season in Jacksonville probably killed House's market.

Fine with me. We'll take him.

Would be hilarious to invest a 4th (?) on him and likely receive two compensatory picks in return for his five years of service.

I would like him here beyond 2017 but I'm sure this is a leaping pad to a final 4-year contract.

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
Cadmus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
Cadmus wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
Shanedorf wrote:

Fine with me. We'll take him.

Would be hilarious to invest a 4th (?) on him and likely receive two compensatory picks in return for his five years of service.

I would like him here beyond 2017 but I'm sure this is a leaping pad to a final 4-year contract.

I don't know, House seems to really like it in Green Bay. I wouldn't be surprised if they get an in-season extension done if he earns it. It's not like they don't have the money.
squire12

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadmus wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
Shanedorf wrote:

Not sure that really holds any merit.

Bouye UDFA
Ryan 3rd round

Claiborne signed for pretty low $$ 7 days into FA

Ultimately after a few years of NFL play, either teams feel the player can play at a high level or not and are willing to spend big $$ on that. Often there are overpays within that process regardless of original draft position.
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadmus wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
Shanedorf wrote:

It's because far too many teams pay FA for what they did on their last deal and not what they are going to do on the deal they are signing.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

squire12 wrote:
Cadmus wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
Shanedorf wrote:

Not sure that really holds any merit.

Bouye UDFA
Ryan 3rd round

Claiborne signed for pretty low $$ 7 days into FA

Ultimately after a few years of NFL play, either teams feel the player can play at a high level or not and are willing to spend big $$ on that. Often there are overpays within that process regardless of original draft position.

Recency Bias for both Bouye and Ryan. I originally included both of them in my initial post, but then I decided against it because I felt that I already made my point and it might be overkill to include them (apparently not). Ryan also gets the bump of playing for a SB Winning Team and ultimately signed with a team run by a former Pats FO employee.

I've already documented the multiple issues associated with Claiborne.
BobSacamano

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
From House draft thread

palmy50 wrote:
Kid has a big mouth, but looks to be a very solid CB prospect. Might be just the type for Woodson to put under his wing.

lol.

He showed that this year it seems in JAX.

I miss Palmy.

I'm still here. Just reading more and posting less these days. I still get on just about every day though.

Post more, read less. Razz

KingTarvaris7 wrote:
last year's vikings were far better than the packers team that just won
Pugger

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Palmy, please post more!! Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Palmy50 should probably work on a book or essay every year in which he posts all the things at the end of the draft he couldn't say before the draft and how it pertains to the Packers.
PackersFSU

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't been here long enough to know but who is Palmy? Everyone seems to love him and he knows his stuff obviously. Just curious.
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackersFSU wrote:
Haven't been here long enough to know but who is Palmy? Everyone seems to love him and he knows his stuff obviously. Just curious.

We don't talk about other posters. Wink

Let's keep our treasure hidden and safe. Just say he knows a great deal about player evaluation/the draft.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs

Packerraymond

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackersFSU wrote:

He's pretty much the Gandalf of the Packers forum.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: