Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seahawks sign RB Eddie Lacy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
cddolphin


Joined: 23 Mar 2009
Posts: 12508
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
DocHambone wrote:
I don't know what's funny. Eddie is what he is. He is fat. He will not be the same size when he was a rookie. The last two/three years have shown that hes either unwilling, or unable to lose the weight. However, a fat Eddie Lacy is a good running back. The injuries are a bigger concern than the weight.


And a player with motivational issues is the exact last person you want to invest significant amount of money into. Seattle can have him.
How is a 1 year deal significant? : lol: In today's NFL 5.5M for a potential starter is cheap


Well, that's relative to the position isn't it?
_________________
huzzah
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ketchup


Joined: 13 May 2009
Posts: 17983
Location: Milwaukee, WI
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lacy is going to have a good year in Seattle if he stays healthy. The weight really won't be a problem. He didn't slim down much last year but was still running at a 5 YPC clip. He's always dealt with ankle/foot injuries though and the extra weight can't be helping that. I'd say I wish him luck but I really don't. Not in Seattle.
_________________

El ramster on the custom sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shanedorf


Joined: 18 Mar 2014
Posts: 1513
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
It boggles my mind that a pro athlete, without a contract, can let mouth-pleasure constantly hijack his career.


He certainly has a history doesn't he ?
But he's also been away from the game since October and had some fairly serious surgery on his ankle, including plates and screws. I can see how he packed on some lbs in that scenario and apparently the Seahawks were OK with it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nextsuperstar


Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Posts: 1860
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devin Kurant wrote:
Where do you all think these guys go?

Peterson: Giants
Charles: Packers
Blount: Patriots
Murray: ???


Blount makes sense to Patriots. I'm not sure Charles makes sense to Packers. Charles should probably a third down back right now, and the Packers at least have that covered.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ketchup


Joined: 13 May 2009
Posts: 17983
Location: Milwaukee, WI
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nextsuperstar wrote:
Devin Kurant wrote:
Where do you all think these guys go?

Peterson: Giants
Charles: Packers
Blount: Patriots
Murray: ???


Blount makes sense to Patriots. I'm not sure Charles makes sense to Packers. Charles should probably a third down back right now, and the Packers at least have that covered.
Yea. Ty is a younger, healthier and cheaper version of JC. I think for GB it was either bring back Lacy or head to the draft to get a RB.
_________________

El ramster on the custom sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cddolphin


Joined: 23 Mar 2009
Posts: 12508
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shanedorf wrote:
I can see how he packed on some lbs in that scenario and apparently the Seahawks were OK with it.


I mean, how much does a nutritionist cost for the offseason? Why not simply eat less garbage while you're recovering?
_________________
huzzah
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
childofpudding


Joined: 29 Jul 2015
Posts: 903
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The difference between $3m and $5.5m is top 15 money and top 5 money, so a value assessment of the contract depends a lot on how likely Lacy will be able to get that additional $2.5m.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RaiderX


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 24235
Location: Crown Town, CA
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
Shanedorf wrote:
I can see how he packed on some lbs in that scenario and apparently the Seahawks were OK with it.


I mean, how much does a nutritionist cost for the offseason? Why not simply eat less garbage while you're recovering?


Maybe he'll be on a heavy fish diet now that he's in the PNW.
_________________

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
IrishGreen


Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 40785
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
Shanedorf wrote:
I can see how he packed on some lbs in that scenario and apparently the Seahawks were OK with it.


I mean, how much does a nutritionist cost for the offseason? Why not simply eat less garbage while you're recovering?


Maybe he'll be on a heavy fish diet now that he's in the PNW.


Definitely see this.


Deep fried and served with French fries and mac and cheese on the side. And of course a 48 oz cola to wash it down
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
smetana34


Joined: 14 Feb 2007
Posts: 4180
Location: Chippewa Falls, WI
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
Lacy is going to have a good year in Seattle if he stays healthy. The weight really won't be a problem. He didn't slim down much last year but was still running at a 5 YPC clip. He's always dealt with ankle/foot injuries though and the extra weight can't be helping that. I'd say I wish him luck but I really don't. Not in Seattle.


From last year til now he's added 35 pounds. I expect some of that to drop, but it's clear the guy has an issue.
_________________
Uncle Buck wrote:

Uncle Buck: "I'm expecting Kate Beckinsale to dump her husband and run away with me."
incognito_man wrote:

you probably have better odds of running off with Tebow.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MookieMonster


Joined: 17 Jun 2016
Posts: 3051
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The weight isn't really an issue. Jerome Bettis played his career hovering right around 250, Lacy can succeed at 230-235. He just needs to stay healthy.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JBURGE25


Joined: 25 Jan 2012
Posts: 18436
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smetana34 wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
Lacy is going to have a good year in Seattle if he stays healthy. The weight really won't be a problem. He didn't slim down much last year but was still running at a 5 YPC clip. He's always dealt with ankle/foot injuries though and the extra weight can't be helping that. I'd say I wish him luck but I really don't. Not in Seattle.


From last year til now he's added 35 pounds. I expect some of that to drop, but it's clear the guy has an issue.
That's what happens when you are a professional athlete with an (alleged) eating problem and you can't exercise as much as you usually do.
_________________

FF Big Brother III Winner Cool
[sig by El ramster]
blueswedeshoes wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
I don't hunt
So I gathered.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SoS


Joined: 20 Apr 2013
Posts: 7012
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrishGreen wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
Shanedorf wrote:
I can see how he packed on some lbs in that scenario and apparently the Seahawks were OK with it.


I mean, how much does a nutritionist cost for the offseason? Why not simply eat less garbage while you're recovering?


Maybe he'll be on a heavy fish diet now that he's in the PNW.


Definitely see this.


Deep fried and served with French fries and mac and cheese on the side. And of course a 48 oz cola to wash it down


Let's cut the guy some slack....


...it's a diet cola.
_________________
DCRED wrote:
Your dialogue was amazing and your facts presented were Stellar.
You give yourself and your team's forum great Honor.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cddolphin


Joined: 23 Mar 2009
Posts: 12508
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carroll said he wants Lacy "big" and anything under 240lbs "isn't reasonable".
_________________
huzzah
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nextsuperstar


Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Posts: 1860
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
Shanedorf wrote:
I can see how he packed on some lbs in that scenario and apparently the Seahawks were OK with it.


I mean, how much does a nutritionist cost for the offseason? Why not simply eat less garbage while you're recovering?


Ask Pablo Sandavol about how easy it is to keep weight off. Some people just have a problem.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group