You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kirk speaks
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big44dog

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject: Kirk speaks Reply with quote

"Cousins Denies Report He Demanded Trade" via http://TeamStre.am by Bleacher Report

http://teamstre.am/2mVKl8b

He claims he didn't demand a trade.
He claims he just wanted to know what the deal was as far as his future with the team and was told by Danny that the team wants him here long term.

" I felt very much supported and felt the owner and president of the team want me to be the quarterback there and to be the quarterback there for a long time"

Spoken like a true face of the franchise type QB to me. Definitely eases my mind a tiny bit but Kirk has always said the right thing. Who knows

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He might miss game #2 due to his first child being born. I guess he still gets his $1.5 mill game check either way-- nice gig ! I hope Colt lights it up !
ripsean21

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: Kirk speaks Reply with quote

big44dog wrote:
"Cousins Denies Report He Demanded Trade" via http://TeamStre.am by Bleacher Report

http://teamstre.am/2mVKl8b

He claims he didn't demand a trade.
He claims he just wanted to know what the deal was as far as his future with the team and was told by Danny that the team wants him here long term.

" I felt very much supported and felt the owner and president of the team want me to be the quarterback there and to be the quarterback there for a long time"

Spoken like a true face of the franchise type QB to me. Definitely eases my mind a tiny bit but Kirk has always said the right thing. Who knows

Well this year he's taking the new group of pass catchers to train and work together. This speaks leader to me and hopefully this deal is done soon we need to get this done!!

Thanks Mike23md for the sig!!!
Adopt a Redskin D Jax!!
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. ‪Cousins: Reached out to Snyder to gauge Redskins' plans, NOT to demand trade http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18905012‬

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With sensible Scot out the way.
And smoochin up to 2 morons that crave that sort of thing.
Hes about to get paid like no other ever has.
Could top Lucks deal puckering up like that.

Trinidad: Where a man is born a man. Not a PC wimp.. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!
ripsean21

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:

I think all along he was going to top Lucks deal with the fact they were negotiating off the Tag price!

Adopt a Redskin D Jax!!
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:
Hope so considering lately he's outplayed Luck

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TheGreeK1973

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:

Yea? And well worth it.

Also lets understand the gravity of his statements here. Kind of puts Morton's BS to light, using words like "DEMANDED" a trade. KC is a very religious man I don't think he would lie about something like this in a statement.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreeK1973 wrote:
PARROTHEAD wrote:

Yea? And well worth it.

Also lets understand the gravity of his statements here. Kind of puts Morton's BS to light, using words like "DEMANDED" a trade. KC is a very religious man I don't think he would lie about something like this in a statement.
Yeah, I always took it as an embellishment on Mort's part of from the designated Redskins Park snitch... Probably Tony Willey

21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They now need to get on the phone with Hightower and Poe. Wonder how his deal will look.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
They now need to get on the phone with Hightower and Poe. Wonder how his deal will look.

Poe is starting to sound a lot like PotRoast 2.0.
Hightower would be a great addition but a huge contract ! Don't see us doing that deal.
ripsean21

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Poe but his back scares me! Hankins would be a great signing as I think Poe would to. I like Hightower but his injuries scare me as well. I would atleast like to see visits and one signed out of the 3. I'm not so much concerned about the money as long as we can still retain our own next year. But I'd prefer getting Cousins done asap! It would be nice to see one of these 3 signed along with Cousins.

Adopt a Redskin D Jax!!
lavar703

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreeK1973 wrote:
PARROTHEAD wrote:

Yea? And well worth it.

He's not worth more than Luck. We will stupidly pay him more but he's not as good as Luck.
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
TheGreeK1973 wrote:
PARROTHEAD wrote:

Yea? And well worth it.

He's not worth more than Luck. We will stupidly pay him more but he's not as good as Luck.

if he signs a long term deal for anything less than being the highest paid player in NFL history and for at least 100M guaranteed he gave the redskins a home town deal.

keep in mind the next very good quarterback will then become the highest paid player in history shortly after cousins signs. cant wait t see how they justify huge ticket price increases and parking increases to pay for his signing lol
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
TheGreeK1973 wrote:
PARROTHEAD wrote:

Yea? And well worth it.

I once got hired to be the Project Manager on a Federal contract. I had been the Team Lead on the same team in a previous contract.

Now, I wasnt the best Project Manager they could hire. But I had something they desperately needed.

I had a clearance.
I knew the agency and the work. So I didnt need to be brought up to speed.

It was going to take them at least 3 months to get someone else cleared. And I was able to direct new personnel in how things were done.

You think they said "Well, Thaiphoon isn't as good as this other guy working at another company, so we won't pay him as much or more"??

Nope. They realized (and so did I) that I had them over a barrel. So I demanded 15% more than they offered.

Accepted.

Why did they do that?

Because even with paying me more than the other guy, I was still valuable enough to them to make them successful. Had they not hired me, the team would not have been as successful in the short and long term and the company would not have won the rebid multiple times (the first time ever for that work).

So it wasn't stupid for the company to pay me more simply because they lacked better options. It was smart.

Same thing here. Is Cousins more talented than Luck? Not arguing that. Has he had a better career? Not yet, but he's catching up. Does Cousins find himself in probably the best situation possible for any FA? Yup. Is the team screwing this up? You bet

As long as Dan Snyder owns the team, the Redskins will not win another Super Bowl

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: