Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Draft - FA slowing down

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FrozenTundra

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:07 am    Post subject: Mock Draft - FA slowing down Reply with quote

Ted has made his big splash in FA.
Additions:

Perry - Brilliant. Great contract, this guy is just getting warmed up. Amazing effort with the club last year.

Bennett - not sure what Cook did to TT, but that signing... GFY Cook. Ecstatic to have Bennet; fantastic blocker, dynamic playmaker.

Kendricks - nice complimentary piece - welcome home Lance.

Bringing back Elliot - fine, no parade necessary.

Lets bring in some DL help: 1 year deal for Tyson Jackson... won't cost us a comp. fill in while Guion sits and thinks about what he did wrong.
Much prefer Poe or Hankins but... When the hell is Raji coming back?

CB doesn't look like it's going to happen. I'd bring in a Vet presence, but only on a short deal, and I don't think the current FA crop is interested. I'll throw in Patrick Robinson, he's big enough and his measurables (7 years ago) were great. plus, no comp pick negated, yay.

And of course, LACY

Losses:
Lang - this one hurts, but in 2 years, we'll be over it. Getting older, and therefore, breaking down. Per game cost escalating beyond reasonable amount. buhbye
Hyde - versatile, jack of all trades. however, MASTER OF NONE. love to have him on the team, not at THAT price. buhbye
Tretter - appreciate his effort last year. not living up to that contract. buhbye
Cook. see above. buhbye

DRAFT
Round 1:
Trade down into 2nd round. Let's pretend the Jets/Niners/Chargers(?Rivers getting old...) want to move up for Watson/Kizer/Mahomes, and are willing to give up an extra 3rd (we'll throw back a 4th and non-comp fifth)
wow, awesome. we get crushed in the NFCCG, sit around for 4 months, and then you make us wait another whole day before our first draft pick. THANKS.

Round 2:
a. TJ WATT - EDGE
6'4" 252lbs
4.69 40yd / 37" Vert / 6.79 3C / 10'8" Broad

awesome movement. great pedigree. Fills Need. Explosive.
oh yeah, Badger.

b. Kevin KING - CB
6'3" 200 lbs
4.43 40yd / 39.5" Vert / 6.56 3C

Fast. Huge. Quick. Raw, but can make plays.
Such a deep class of CB, hopefully we can take the favourite of who's remaining at the end of the 2nd.

Round 3:
a. Zay Jones - WR
6'2" 201 lbs
4.45 40yd / 36.5" Vert / 6.79 3C / 11'1" Broad

Fits the TT mold. Jordy is great, love him, but he'll need replaced soon, and I don't think we have a boundary receiver on the roster to take his place.
ZJ.

b. Will Holden - OL
6'7" 311 lbs
7.71 3C / 4.72 20yd Shuttle

Packers Lineman. OT, blindside protector, movement skillz, if he fell to the fourth round (or I hadn't hypothetically traded that pick...) this guy would be a perennial pro-bowler (see Lang, TJ or Sitton, Josh or Bahktiari, David). Plus, his name is HOLDEN, and he's an O-Lineman... gold.
Nobody knows what the Packers are doing at OG, but I think we can agree that another body is necessary on the line.

Round 4:

Round 5:
Joe Mathis - EDGE
6'2" 255 lbs

Production. He's coming off injury, but that's why he falls.

Round 6:
Eddie Vanderdoes - NT/5T
6'3" 305 lbs
4.99 40yd / 28reps 225lbs / 7.69 3C

Another guy coming off injury, banking on a return to prior injury form. Just need some rotational snaps. In this draft are there any proper 0-tech types? do we need one?

Round 7:
a. Joe Williams - RB
5'11" 21 lbs
4.41 40yd / 35" Vert / 10'5" Broad / 7.19 3C

Character flags!!! I'll take a flier though.
gizmo2012

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like some of what you did here.
I really like TJ Watt and Kevin King but don't think either one of these two will be there where you have them, but i like hte positions at those points in the draft. This year a WR in round 3 is a wasted pick IMO. Not sure why the hating on Jared Cook he did a fine job last year. Wish him well and don't be a turd. I hope TT can sing a guy like Tyson Jackson and I have no idea where Patrick Robinson is in his career. Change that R3 pick to a RB or OL and I'm good.
pgwingman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo2012 wrote:
I really like some of what you did here.
I really like TJ Watt and Kevin King but don't think either one of these two will be there where you have them, but i like hte positions at those points in the draft. This year a WR in round 3 is a wasted pick IMO. Not sure why the hating on Jared Cook he did a fine job last year. Wish him well and don't be a turd. I hope TT can sing a guy like Tyson Jackson and I have no idea where Patrick Robinson is in his career. Change that R3 pick to a RB or OL and I'm good.

I disagree. I can see why wait on RB, if you resign Lacy. I do like the idea of trading back into the 2nd round though. I wonder if someone like Mahomes is worth doing that for.
FrozenTundra

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's impossible Watt is available at 34-39. I've seen a lot of variability in where King goes as well. Of course, you're right, they could both be gone by then.
I really appreciated Cook's contributions last season, didn't mean to come across so snide. I was implying that the Bennett signing was a Cook dismissal.
squire12

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like a good number of these players for GB
Watt
King
Jones
Holden
Vanderdoes
Williams

Nicely done!!
FrozenTundra

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Credit where credit is due: I follow Justo on twitter, so this mock is a ripe-cherry-picking of all of his excellent analysis.
The measurable for the draftees all fall into TT's well established patterns for the respective positions.
pgwingman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FrozenTundra wrote:
Credit where credit is due: I follow Justo on twitter, so this mock is a ripe-cherry-picking of all of his excellent analysis.
The measurable for the draftees all fall into TT's well established patterns for the respective positions.

Would you care to share his Twitter handle?
FrozenTundra

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM'd

and now Lacy to the Seahawks.
makes me rethink the WR in the third. could set up for another trade back in the third, snag an extra 5th and take a guy like Marlon Mack (optimistic, but I've seen him ranked anywhere from 3rd to 6th...) or Jeremy McNichols, possibly. Both profile well as Thompson RB's.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: