Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders sign Cordarrelle Patterson WR/KR/PR in FA
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
As long as we have a specific role for CP and don't make him more than what he is, this will be a good signing. Have WR-Seth Roberts in offensive sets where you use his blocking. The only thing that's left is finding a shifty, quick, explosive slot WR with good hands and runs good routes that's also a dynamic punt returner. Oh I know! WR-Ryan Switzer!

As much as I like Switzer (a lot) I have a feeling CP's signing was Reggie's answer at the slot. He may not run super clean routes or have the best hands in the league, but he isn't a dud either. He is electric and his drop rate has been between 1.4-3.9% throughout his career.

He said he was unhappy with his role a few months ago, so I doubt he would have signed with us to be the same #4 WR/ST guy he was in Minny. I have a feeling he is expected to be our #3 WR and KR.

It's not. He's NOT a slot WR. He was brought in to sure up the KR game spelling Richard who will have a larger role on offense. And have a package of plays made to get the ball in space to him.

He's not a slot WR.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
As long as we have a specific role for CP and don't make him more than what he is, this will be a good signing. Have WR-Seth Roberts in offensive sets where you use his blocking. The only thing that's left is finding a shifty, quick, explosive slot WR with good hands and runs good routes that's also a dynamic punt returner. Oh I know! WR-Ryan Switzer!

As much as I like Switzer (a lot) I have a feeling CP's signing was Reggie's answer at the slot. He may not run super clean routes or have the best hands in the league, but he isn't a dud either. He is electric and his drop rate has been between 1.4-3.9% throughout his career.

He said he was unhappy with his role a few months ago, so I doubt he would have signed with us to be the same #4 WR/ST guy he was in Minny. I have a feeling he is expected to be our #3 WR and KR.

this.

plus it takes us out of the wr/rb/kr/pr early draft market

no chris mccaff

he also has scored from the rb position

i like this pick up

I like this pickup. Matter of fact, I love this pick up. We don't have to use a early draft pick on a WR or a RB like a guy like Christian McCaffrey. We can go with a MLB, SS/FS, and RT in that order or a MLB, RT, and WLB in that order in the 1st three rounds to give LDE-Khalil Mack more weapons on defense while completing the offensive line assuming we can upgrade NT-Dan Williams with a free agent NT. We can then find our slot WR in WR-Ryan Switzer in the 4th round who happens to be a dyncamic PR. It's all about protecting QB-Derek Carr and giving him as many weapons as possible.
NickButera

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
RoyalMajesty51o wrote:

It's not. He's NOT a slot WR. He was brought in to sure up the KR game spelling Richard who will have a larger role on offense. And have a package of plays made to get the ball in space to him.

He's not a slot WR.

exactly. On 4 WR sets, Imagine him lined up out wide with Crabtree and Cooper on the opposite side. Who's the deep safety going to cover? I see him mostly being used as a KR, but then thrown into the offense to see what he can help open up, and be that guy who can have 1 maybe 2 impact plays a game.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cordarrelle Patterson's deal with #Raiders includes $5.25 million in Year 1 with $5M guaranteed, source said. Year 2 can void w/ performance
drfrey13

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not get to see many Vikings games but watching his highlights 2 things stood out. 1) I do not think anyone has tried to get him to catch the ball with his hands. He catches just about everything with his body. 2) He breaks a ton of arm tackles. Going to check out some games on gamepass tonight to see if it is just him getting lucky on big runs but he appears to be a very strong runner. A lot of the arm tackles he broke would have sent McFadden and Murray tumbling to the ground. He reminded me of Ty Montgomery (I watch GB games) and when I checked Ty's combine page to see his measurements they had Cordarrelle Patterson as his comp.
holyghost

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were almost completely barren of top end speed on both sides of the ball. He adds some as well as the filling of a number of roles we value - WR screens, gadget plays, WR blocking, KR, gunner. Big and fast. Works for me.

Now sign 2 good defenders and we're done until after the draft..
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From december
MrOaktown_56 wrote:
Is Cordarrelle Patterson a guy we look at in FA this year?

Obviously a good return man, but his best years were under musgrave getting him the ball in space and obviously he can be incredibly dynamic when schemed the football.

I'm not sure if he'll want to leave, or how much he'll demand, but he's certainly worth a look in the offseason.

Cool

I'm really hoping we use him on rushes/end arounds along with as a 4th receiver to see if he can earn his keep. Obviously a good return man too.

Even as a decoy on some passing downs, he'd be fun to put in to fake a screen and then run a go route on the other side.

I saw 5 million for this year with an option for next year.

Honestly, he's a decent 4th receiver at worst and arguably the best/top3 in the return game, so I can't object at all.

He'll also only be 26 this coming season so I like it a lot.

Yo buddy quit trolling yeah.
Chwf3rd25

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
RoyalMajesty51o wrote:

this.

plus it takes us out of the wr/rb/kr/pr early draft market

no chris mccaff

he also has scored from the rb position

i like this pick up

I like this pickup. Matter of fact, I love this pick up. We don't have to use a early draft pick on a WR or a RB like a guy like Christian McCaffrey. We can go with a MLB, SS/FS, and RT in that order or a MLB, RT, and WLB in that order in the 1st three rounds to give LDE-Khalil Mack more weapons on defense while completing the offensive line assuming we can upgrade NT-Dan Williams with a free agent NT. We can then find our slot WR in WR-Ryan Switzer in the 4th round who happens to be a dyncamic PR. It's all about protecting QB-Derek Carr and giving him as many weapons as possible.

Ehh I don't see how this takes away our need at RB at all, we still need to either sign one or use a day 2 pick on one IMO
G

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the upgrade on Special Teams and if he 'puts it all together' and lives up to potential then Shocked I'd see him in highlights and wonder why he wasn't in and fed more. Route running, effort or youth, hope he puts it together esp. if we have any injuries at the position.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2017/3/13/14919390/raiders-sign-former-vikings-wr-kr-cordarrelle-patterson
BigD1123

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying he will be the new slot guy. But he said himself that he was not going to play ANYWHERE that was only going to use him as a return man that didn't see the field much. He said he would move on before he did that. I'm assuming he was talking about Minnesota. Also if he needs 65 catches to void the contract he must be expecting to see plenty of catches. Of course it could be a case where he was told he would get a lot of pt when he actually won't. But lying to free agents won't get you far. Also I am thinking Taiwan is gone. I kinda expect to keep Holmes and release TJ. But that's because Holmes and Patterson seem to be more useful in the games than Taiwan who is largely just a gunner. But I could be wrong.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no issue with keeping Jones. Teams like New England keep positionless STs players like Slater. Special teams is important and he's one of he best in the business in that area. Idk why people want him gone every year
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
RoyalMajesty51o wrote:

He's not a slot WR.

#3 WR doesn't mean slot. If he lines up outside with Cooper in the slot in 3 wide sets, that answers our slot problem. I feel like Cooper should have been playing in the slot much more than he has been, but I wonder if part of the reason was Roberts not being good enough on the outside.
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
#3 WR doesn't mean slot. If he lines up outside with Cooper in the slot in 3 wide sets, that answers our slot problem. I feel like Cooper should have been playing in the slot much more than he has been, but I wonder if part of the reason was Roberts not being good enough on the outside.

Cooper in the slot would be new. Typically, Crabtree moves into the slot.
BigD1123

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
I have no issue with keeping Jones. Teams like New England keep positionless STs players like Slater. Special teams is important and he's one of he best in the business in that area. Idk why people want him gone every year

Never said I wanted him gone. I like TJ I'm just thinking out loud.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: