You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders sign Cordarrelle Patterson WR/KR/PR in FA
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RoyalMajesty51o

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:
raiderrocker18 wrote:
i wonder if this has any impact on taiwan jones' roster spot
Our special teams just got poached in FA so why make it worse?

I seriously don't understand the hate around here on RB-Taiwan Jones. He's cheap and he's a good special teams player. What's the problem here?

The greater impact from this signing is WR-Andre Holmes. He could be out of Oakland after the signing of WR-Cordarrelle Patterson and the tender on WR-Seth Roberts. My question is how is CP's blocking? I love WRs that can block.
RoyalMajesty51o

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
Synyster wrote:
i think he will do better than expected here he has a lot of talent surrounding him. he picked a good place to sign if he wants to prove himself

I think he will be much more successful here than in Minny. This will be the best offense he has been a part of. He's finally going to have a talented, trustworthy QB who can make all the throws and a couple good WRs to open things up for him. I don't think he's going to come in and set the world on fire, but I think he'll take over as our #3 and do a pretty good job at it.

Agreed, but I think he's better off as a #4 WR or a #5 WR where he's used mainly on gadget plays (no more WR-Johnny Holton please!) and as a kick returner. I heard he's a gunner on special teams coverages so that even adds more value.

As long as we have a specific role for CP and don't make him more than what he is, this will be a good signing. Have WR-Seth Roberts in offensive sets where you use his blocking. The only thing that's left is finding a shifty, quick, explosive slot WR with good hands and runs good routes that's also a dynamic punt returner. Oh I know! WR-Ryan Switzer!

WR #1 = Amari Cooper
WR #2 = Michael Crabtree
WR #3 = Ryan Switzer (Slot WR and PR)
WR #4 = Cordarrelle Patterson (Gadget WR and KR)
WR #5 = Seth Roberts (Blocking WR)
NightTrainLane

Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:
raiderrocker18 wrote:

I seriously don't understand the hate around here on RB-Taiwan Jones. He's cheap and he's a good special teams player. What's the problem here?

The greater impact from this signing is WR-Andre Holmes. He could be out of Oakland after the signing of WR-Cordarrelle Patterson and the tender on WR-Seth Roberts. My question is how is CP's blocking? I love WRs that can block.

Who is hating on Jones recently?

Think we all know his value.

I fully expect Holmes to get a nice little deal from someone else this year.

Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Synyster wrote:
i think he will do better than expected here he has a lot of talent surrounding him. he picked a good place to sign if he wants to prove himself

I think he will be much more successful here than in Minny. This will be the best offense he has been a part of. He's finally going to have a talented, trustworthy QB who can make all the throws and a couple good WRs to open things up for him. I don't think he's going to come in and set the world on fire, but I think he'll take over as our #3 and do a pretty good job at it.

Agreed, but I think he's better off as a #4 WR or a #5 WR where he's used mainly on gadget plays (no more WR-Johnny Holton please!) and as a kick returner. I heard he's a gunner on special teams coverages so that even adds more value.

As long as we have a specific role for CP and don't make him more than what he is, this will be a good signing. Have WR-Seth Roberts in offensive sets where you use his blocking. The only thing that's left is finding a shifty, quick, explosive slot WR with good hands and runs good routes that's also a dynamic punt returner. Oh I know! WR-Ryan Switzer!

WR #1 = Amari Cooper
WR #2 = Michael Crabtree
WR #3 = Ryan Switzer (Slot WR and PR)
WR #4 = Cordarrelle Patterson (Gadget WR and KR)
WR #5 = Seth Roberts (Blocking WR)

This is a great plan as they are a bunch of slot WRs in the draft that will fit that mold. Just have to wonder what kind of useage promises were made to Patterson at that recruitment dinner. Is he expecting to get 70 targets and play STs. We don't know but that will be a factor as well.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoyalMajesty51o wrote:

As much as I like Switzer (a lot) I have a feeling CP's signing was Reggie's answer at the slot. He may not run super clean routes or have the best hands in the league, but he isn't a dud either. He is electric and his drop rate has been between 1.4-3.9% throughout his career.

He said he was unhappy with his role a few months ago, so I doubt he would have signed with us to be the same #4 WR/ST guy he was in Minny. I have a feeling he is expected to be our #3 WR and KR.
JDBrocks

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
My question is how is CP's blocking? I love WRs that can block.

Pattersonis a very good blocker, and gives great effort every time he sees the field. He turned out to be an outstanding gunner as well, beating people down the field and meeting the PR at the ball.

If the offense uses a lot of horizontal routes, screens, and slants he can be a monster on offense. During his rookie year in Bill Musgrave's offense he looked like he would be a star. As soon as Notv came to town and the offense called for more long developing patterns he fell out of favor.

Good signing and best of luck!

Josh Ritter wrote:
I became a thin blue wire, that held the world above the fire
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDBrocks wrote:
RoyalMajesty51o wrote:

Pattersonis a very good blocker, and gives great effort every time he sees the field. He turned out to be an outstanding gunner as well, beating people down the field and meeting the PR at the ball.

If the offense uses a lot of horizontal routes, screens, and slants he can be a monster on offense. During his rookie year in Bill Musgrave's offense he looked like he would be a star. As soon as Notv came to town and the offense called for more long developing patterns he fell out of favor.

That's great to hear. Downing has said our new offense will be very similar to the one Musgrave ran, so hopefully Patterson can find a role and thrive in it.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patterson is not a slot WR. He struggles in route running.

On certain downs, move Amari to the slot and let him take the top off from the outside.

Seth will be the slot WR again despite some new development. Patterson will rotate in on certain packages.

This is a depth signing. He's not replacing anyone in the offense.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact he was wearing an AC DC shirt has to be a really awesome coincidence
Big Rob

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
https://youtu.be/mQ1OEeWXDUs?t=1m24s

Mark was like, Reggie, I want him! Laughing
Big Rob

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Patterson is not a slot WR. He struggles in route running.

On certain downs, move Amari to the slot and let him take the top off from the outside.

Seth will be the slot WR again despite some new development. Patterson will rotate in on certain packages.

This is a depth signing. He's not replacing anyone in the offense.

This.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
RoyalMajesty51o wrote:

As much as I like Switzer (a lot) I have a feeling CP's signing was Reggie's answer at the slot. He may not run super clean routes or have the best hands in the league, but he isn't a dud either. He is electric and his drop rate has been between 1.4-3.9% throughout his career.

He said he was unhappy with his role a few months ago, so I doubt he would have signed with us to be the same #4 WR/ST guy he was in Minny. I have a feeling he is expected to be our #3 WR and KR.

this.

plus it takes us out of the wr/rb/kr/pr early draft market

no chris mccaff

he also has scored from the rb position

i like this pick up

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he'll certainly help you out somehow. which is the thing with him, his contributions are sudden and unexpected.

Everson Griffen: We can be special. But its up to us.
DC4_Life

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:
RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:
raiderrocker18 wrote:

Who is hating on Jones recently?

Think we all know his value.

I fully expect Holmes to get a nice little deal from someone else this year.
jones and Patterson going have to be studs as gunners this year
RoyalMajesty51o

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDBrocks wrote:
RoyalMajesty51o wrote:

Thank you, thank you!!! Our coaching staff are huge on emphasizing WRs, TEs, and RBs to block. They make sure the offensive line and FB-Jamize Olawale are not the only ones that should be blocking. That's why RB-Latavius Murray was one of the best blocking RBs around. This is great news especially for a guy like WR-Amari Cooper who could be downright scary on bubble screens with WR-Cordarrelle Patterson, WR-Seth Roberts, and TE-Lee Smith around blocking for him. Same thing for WR-Cordarrelle Patterson who will be just as scary or even more scarier than WR-Amari Cooper on bubble screens with WR-Seth Roberts and TE-Lee Smith around blocking for him.

On top of that, he's also a outstanding gunner as well? I'm beyond happy about this signing. Having WR-Cordarrelle Patterson and RB-Taiwan Jones will be great for us on punt coverages so we won't allow any huge punt returns. Thanks again for the inside info!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: