Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Badgers 2017 1 Round Mock mid-FA
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
badgers0821

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:52 am    Post subject: Badgers 2017 1 Round Mock mid-FA Reply with quote

Here is my first go around at a 2017 mock draft. Just 1 round for now, one trade.

*Caveat: I do not think any of the QBs in this draft are "Franchise QBs" but at the end of the day they will get drafted. (i.e. just because a QB is a need doesn't mean you reach for one just because he is the best QB in draft) I think this draft is reminiscent of the 2013 draft class (maybe a little deeper).

With that being said, here we go.

1. CLE - Myles Garrett, DL, Texas A&M
2. SF - Solomon Thomas, DE, Stanford
3. CHI - Jamal Adams, S, LSU
4. JAX - Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU
5. TEN (f/LAR) - Marshon Lattimore, CB, OSU
6. NYJ - Mike Williams, WR, Clemson
7. LAC - Malik Hooker, S, OSU
8. CAR - Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee
9. CIN - Jonathan Allen, DT, Alabama
10. BUF - Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan
11. NO - Marlon Humphery, CB, Alabama
12. CLE (f/PHI) - Ryan Ramczyk, OT, Wisconsin
13. ARI - Reuben Foster, LB, Alabama
14. PHI (f/MIN) - Dalvin Cook, RB, FSU
15. IND - Zach Cunningham, LB, Vanderbilt
16. BAL - John Ross, WR, Washington
17. WAS - Malik McDowell, DL, MSU
18. TEN - Jabrill Peppers, SS/LB, Michigan
19. TB - OJ Howard, TE, Alabama
20. DEN - Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama
21. DET - Haasan Reddick, LB, Temple
22. MIA - Jarrad Davis, LB, Florida
NYG Trade #23 to SF for #34, #109, and 2018 3rd round pick
23. SF - Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina
24. OAK - David Njokue, TE, Miami
25. HOU - Garret Bolles, OT, Utah
26. SEA - Forrest Lamp, OG, Western Kentucky
27. KC - Quincy Wilson, CB, Florida
28. DAL - Taco Charlton, DE, Michigan
29. GB - Charles Harris, OLB, Missouri
30. PIT - TJ Watt, OLB, Wisconsin
31. ATL - Takkarist McKinnley, DE, UCLA
32. NO - Obi Melifonwi, FS, UCONN

Last edited by badgers0821 on Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:30 am; edited 1 time in total
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes x 1000 for the Falcons. Tak is a great Edge Rusher and defensive player i would love to have him as a Falcon in the 1st round. I don't think he makes it to us but man that would be sweet.

For the next few rounds bro look at DT, RG, and FS. I think DT in the 2nd would be great for us even if we sign Poe in the morning. We need more than 1 DT. Plus the 2nd round is where the DT sweet spot is for talent. Brantley, Wormley, Jones, Johnson, Adams, even maybe Mcdowell depending how people take his character concerns. Although i think he is a legit 1st round guy.

The combine seems to have helped Obi big time a lot of mock drafters are throwing him in the 1st round now i still can't bring myself to do so i'll still leave him in the mid to late 2nd for me.

Really happy to see you already doing mock drafts though as i enjoy yours and debating them with you alot.
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea. I don't personally rate Wilson this high but many rate him higher. I'll call it a push. Sidney Jones would have been my choice before his physical issues. Teez Tabor maybe.

J

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:25 am    Post subject: Re: Badgers 2017 1 Round Mock mid-FA Reply with quote

badgers0821 wrote:
13. ARI - Reuben Foster, LB, Alabama

Great pick! I'd be ecstatic.
badgers0821

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconFan13 wrote:

yes x 1000 for the Falcons. Tak is a great Edge Rusher and defensive player i would love to have him as a Falcon in the 1st round. I don't think he makes it to us but man that would be sweet.

For the next few rounds bro look at DT, RG, and FS. I think DT in the 2nd would be great for us even if we sign Poe in the morning. We need more than 1 DT. Plus the 2nd round is where the DT sweet spot is for talent. Brantley, Wormley, Jones, Johnson, Adams, even maybe Mcdowell depending how people take his character concerns. Although i think he is a legit 1st round guy.

The combine seems to have helped Obi big time a lot of mock drafters are throwing him in the 1st round now i still can't bring myself to do so i'll still leave him in the mid to late 2nd for me.

Really happy to see you already doing mock drafts though as i enjoy yours and debating them with you alot.

Thanks bud. I actually had them taking Brantley in the beginning and Watt out of the 1st but as the last few weeks have unfolded I feel Watt will be a 1st rounder.

When I put Watt in the first I had him going to you guys but then switched up him and McKinley. Now that you say it, you may be right that McKinley may be gone by Atlanta's pick but for now I think late 1st is still reasonable.

DT and OG would be my next target for your guys, as long as someone viable is available.
badgers0821

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

onejayhawk wrote:

Good idea. I don't personally rate Wilson this high but many rate him higher. I'll call it a push. Sidney Jones would have been my choice before his physical issues. Teez Tabor maybe.

J

I had Sidney Jones here before the injury. That injury put the 1st round CB depth in a hole big time. I will think about the Tabor idea, definitely a possibility. I have Wilson slightly higher, but since they were teamates it may be potato/potato
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

badgers0821 wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:

Thanks bud. I actually had them taking Brantley in the beginning and Watt out of the 1st but as the last few weeks have unfolded I feel Watt will be a 1st rounder.

When I put Watt in the first I had him going to you guys but then switched up him and McKinley. Now that you say it, you may be right that McKinley may be gone by Atlanta's pick but for now I think late 1st is still reasonable.

DT and OG would be my next target for your guys, as long as someone viable is available.

I like Brantley as a player but he just isn't that much better to me than the other Dt's i listed and worthy of a 1st rounder over some better edge rushers and maybe Lamp or Feeney if they drop at OG.

To me you drafted based on how the board drops and the 2nd round just has way to many talented Dt's with similar talent to reach a little on one thats like the rest of them talent wise.

Now if we trade down to the 2nd round while picking up a 3rd then im all for taking a DT with the traded down early 2nd rounder. Watt is a pretty good player as well and i like him quite a bit i don't think the Edge rusher class stays that strong after round 1 or so. Round 2 isn't good at all for it much although their are some round 3 guys i see i like in Kpassagnon, Smoot, Willis, Fields, Phillips, Hall, and Hendricks.

2nd round really only has Walker and Anderson
CatalystNX

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't mind Derek Barnett, but I think the Panthers would go for Jonathan Allen if he fell that far. Remember when Star Lotulelei fell to us at #13 a few years back because of a supposed heart issue? Similar situation. I don't think Allen's shoulder issues would scare us off from taking a talent of his caliber.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure how the Bengals would view Johnathan Allen if he slipped to #9. On one hand, the shoulder thing does not worry me. But on the other, he's more of an inside guy in a 4-3, and we NEED DEs. A first round DT with Atkins and Billings already here is a luxary we can't afford at the moment (especially after losing Hunt to the Colts Razz )
playboi24

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Texans selection a lot, but I think that we will end up taking Mahomes if he is available. I really like Mahomes as well. QB/OT are by far our two biggest needs.
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
Not sure how the Bengals would view Johnathan Allen if he slipped to #9. On one hand, the shoulder thing does not worry me. But on the other, he's more of an inside guy in a 4-3, and we NEED DEs. A first round DT with Atkins and Billings already here is a luxary we can't afford at the moment (especially after losing Hunt to the Colts Razz )

It does me.
Marky

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but the Browns will not take a OL in the first round. They just spent millions on LG-C-RG, have Joe Thomas, and spent a 3rd rounder on Shon Coleman last year, who they really like.

OJ Howard or Trubisky/Mahomes please.

PSN- NewDayRocks4
Student @ smww.com
Scout for the funz of it
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love it

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Jets913

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

really not a fan of taking Mike Williams at #6. give us Hooker, or even Dalvin Cook over Williams
badgers0821

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:

Sounds like a flip of Barnett and Allen?

Allen to the Panthers and Barnett to the Bengals.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: