Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rams sign C Ryan Groy to offer sheet
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:32 am    Post subject: Rams sign C Ryan Groy to offer sheet Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/mikerodak/status/841498736329138183
Quote:

The Rams have agreed to extend Bills restricted FA center Ryan Groy a two-year offer sheet, per @caplannfl & me. Bills have 5 days to match

Somebody that has been talked about as a free agent center. Lets hope the amount isn't crazy high but that Buffalo doesn't want to match.
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! Bills, let him walk. I'm hopeful they won't match because Castillo tends to utilize smaller, quicker OLs.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly dont know much about him. He good?

1. Corey Davis, WR, WMU
2. Forrest Lamp, G/C, WKU
3. Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss
4. JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:

He's solid. I like him because he knows the scheme, should be reasonably priced, is young, and fits what Kromer wants in his OLs (big and strong).

He's not Travis Frederick, but he's not going to be a liability like Barnes. He can actually push guys around. He's not the greatest mover and plays a tad high, but he doesn't get bullied like Barnes and is assignment sound.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Was productive last season in a somewhat small sample size. Although there is a lot to like about him... especially on a 2 year, 5mil deal.

But have to be realistic and say everyone on that OL as a whole was good last season. Probably made him look better.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
RamRod

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Mike Rodak

Quote:
Eric Wood is UFA after 2017 and Richie Incognito will be 35 w/ $7.5M cap in 2018. If Bills see Groy as long term replacement, could match.
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamRod wrote:
From Mike Rodak

Quote:
Eric Wood is UFA after 2017 and Richie Incognito will be 35 w/ $7.5M cap in 2018. If Bills see Groy as long term replacement, could match.
Ive also seen people say the bills might not view him as anything more than a backup. So Id say its about 50/50 right now if they plan to match.

But I think it was a really smart move to only make this a 2 year deal. Many time in this situation this might make it easier for a team to match, but with the rest of their OL that Groy could replace essentially on short term contracts (as pointed out by Rodak) this deal would not solve any of their long term problems.
btimsah

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

He's solid. I like him because he knows the scheme, should be reasonably priced, is young, and fits what Kromer wants in his OLs (big and strong).

He's not Travis Frederick, but he's not going to be a liability like Barnes. He can actually push guys around. He's not the greatest mover and plays a tad high, but he doesn't get bullied like Barnes and is assignment sound.

So we might actually have a LT and C who can play NFL level football?? Shocking. Next thing you know we're going to have an NFL caliber offense.
Car_Ramrod

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

btimsah wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

So we might actually have a LT and C who can play NFL level football?? Shocking. Next thing you know we're going to have an NFL caliber offense.

Not to mention a head coach who isn't a dinosaur when it comes to running a offense. I know nothing about him as well. These moves have really solidified the offensive line plus, it gives us a lot of flexibility in the draft.

2016 Adopt a Ram, Mark Barron OLB

TKL:108 FF:1 INT:2 SCK:1 TFL:5

"That's some 7-9 BS."
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Car_Ramrod wrote:
btimsah wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

Not to mention a head coach who isn't a dinosaur when it comes to running a offense. I know nothing about him as well. These moves have really solidified the offensive line plus, it gives us a lot of flexibility in the draft.

We don't have Groy yet.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Car_Ramrod wrote:
btimsah wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

We don't have Groy yet.

But if Fish were still here, we'd be eyeing another defensive end instead of a center we actually need. I feel like the coaching staff understands it's all about the offense right now and I'm increasingly hopeful for once.
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

btimsah wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Car_Ramrod wrote:
btimsah wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

We don't have Groy yet.

But if Fish were still here, we'd be eyeing another defensive end instead of a center we actually need. I feel like the coaching staff understands it's all about the offense right now and I'm increasingly hopeful for once.

I'm with you there.

I think Fisher would be looking for whatever Titans free agents are available. Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Adam Caplan‏ @caplannfl
#Bills are matching RFA offer from Rams for OL Ryan Groy, source told ESPN.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
#Bills are matching RFA offer from Rams for OL Ryan Groy, source told ESPN.

Adam Caplan Twitter

1. Corey Davis, WR, WMU
2. Forrest Lamp, G/C, WKU
3. Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss
4. JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC
chris00cm

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tis a shame.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: