Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DeMarcus Ware retires
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matt79511

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sturm: "If you can minimize Ware's production, then you can minimize anyone. Impressive work from your desk."

Adopt-a-Cowboy 2016: Sean Lee- 145 tackles (93 solo, 52 assisted), 1 PD, 1 FR, 13 TFLs, 977/982 defensive snaps played excluding the meaningless Week 17 game against the last place Eagles
Tony7188

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
Wow Tony. Just, wow.

He's a surefire HOF due to his production, but when did he show up in the playoffs for us? We needed him to be that dominant player (like Harrison, Suggs were) when the games mattered and he didn't show up. Seeing us cut him only to watch him go win a SB with the Broncos was hard to stomach.

NoFlyZone wrote:
Byron Jones is terrible. I'm sorry.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
htfryar wrote:
Wow Tony. Just, wow.

He's a surefire HOF due to his production, but when did he show up in the playoffs for us? We needed him to be that dominant player (like Harrison, Suggs were) when the games mattered and he didn't show up. Seeing us cut him only to watch him go win a SB with the Broncos was hard to stomach.

He had 4 sacks in 5 playoff games with us..

Tony Romos Last pass was a TD against the EAGLES!
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
htfryar wrote:
Wow Tony. Just, wow.

I'm with Tony on this one. Great individual player. Just could never put the team on his back and dominate when it mattered most.

HOF for sure, but I would say more of a disappointment to me as he could never be the beast we needed in the playoffs.

One time, against Philly, he showed up big in the post season.

Then, to go to Denver with a washed up, limping QB, and win one, late in his career, is just THAT much more frustrating.

But hey, to each his own.
resilient

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, am I reading this correctly Shocked "Ware could never put the team on his back and dominate when it mattered most"

I am not sure I can think of any player EVER that could do that. Charles Haley had lots of help. With Ware's D-line teammates. WARE was the one often if not always doubled teamed "when it mattered most"

IMO Ware was the one reason we actually had HOPE at times the our defense could actually make a stop. I can't imagine how bad our D would have been without him.

Dallas failed the few times it made the playoffs, not many, but Ware was the least of it's causes.
DaBoys

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ware hate that has permeated this forum for years has always been silly in my mind. People have a problem with the timing of his sacks. "They didn't come when it mattered most!!"

He's 8th ALL TIME in sacks. His post season stats are impeccable. His regular season stats are among the best all time. The sacks came all the time. Sorry DWare only had 2 sacks in a game we lost, instead of 4 sacks. Sorry DWare didn't make our crappy team SB champions all by his self, but he damn sure tried. He did it better than almost everyone who has played the game of football.

I love how Tony Romo get's a pass(from the same posters) for playing on the same [inappropriate/removed] teams DWare did, but Ware is hung high for not winning it all. Maybe if we didn't pay Tony Romo(You know the guy who plays QB and is SUPPOSED to carry a team) so much got damned wasted money, we could have brought in a better team for Ware. A surrounding cast like the Broncos gave him. Go ahead and look up his stats in that SB run. I'll wait.

Him winning it all as soon as he left should be proof positive that it wasn't him holding us down. It was us holding him back.

But yeah, Ware sucked, and Romo is the greatest of all time. Expert evaluation. Only one was held back by the (same)team.

Rolling Eyes

Remember 2007? Who was let down that year? Of course...Romo was... Remember us having 46 sacks that year? We were 3rd in the entire league in sacks. I can't remember what that would feel like anymore. How about 2008 when we had 50 freaking 9 sacks? 59! Ware had 20 by his self! That's right f'ckn 20! 1 guy. We were 1st in the NFL in sacks! We don't have a guy who can reach 10 anymore, it's pathetic. 42 sacks in 2009! Did you know Ware accounted for FORTY FIVE sacks by his self in that 3 years span.

Who let down WHO!?

Denver is ranked 13th in sacks in 2013. Ware leaves Dallas and boom. Denver leads the league in sacks every year.

The Ware hate is ignorant.

Elite get off:

Could bend the edge until it snapped:

Powerful bull rush(vs. Jake Long):

Underappreciated:

Adopt a Cowboy: X Dez Bryant X ~ 50 Rec ~ 796 Yds ~ 8 TDs ~ 15.9 YPC ~ 1 Passing TD ~ 4 games missed
resilient

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, what a post Daboys, I definitely want u on my side in the future. Daboys for.hire!
DaBoys

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Romo neverz had an elite defenze! Thatz why he didn't winz."

Forget that we were 1st, 3rd, 7th, 16th, and 7th in the NFL in total sacks from 2007-2011.

DWare had EIGHTY sacks in those 5 years. For the liberal arts majors out there, that means he averaged 16 sacks a season in that 5 year span. 16! In that same span Romo averaged 12 interceptions a season. Throwing 19 in 2007.

In 2008(The Year DWare had his peak season at 20 sacks) Romo had 14 INTs to only 26 TDs. We went 8-8 that year. Probably because Ware let us down, right? I can't imagine Dak Prescott throwing 19 freakin picks, and us blaming our failures on Sean Lee.

I love how history is changed to fit a narrative. Romo is our hero so it was always someone else's fault. Ware we had to let go so he's sour grapes.

I can accept that BOTH players were let down at certain points of their careers by the scrubs we had around them. But if you think Ware was anything other than great then your evaluation of DE's is to scouting what Ian Rappaports updates are to news.

Adopt a Cowboy: X Dez Bryant X ~ 50 Rec ~ 796 Yds ~ 8 TDs ~ 15.9 YPC ~ 1 Passing TD ~ 4 games missed
atran35

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WARE is retired. HOWEVER, he stated it might be a SHORT retirement. I think he couldn't find any team to pay him what he wants. So he will wait till injuries etc...and if he gets the bug...might come back to some team that will pay him.
DaBoys

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/Broncos/status/841395988405334024?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Never seen someone Barry Sanders a LT like this. A fake spin? gtfo.

Rtnldave

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, state a personal opinion and my oh my how it gets blown out of proportion.

I NEVER said D. Ware sucked and I never said I didn't appreciate him.

I did say he had really great numbers as a player, but when it mattered the most NFC Div game against Minn, NYG...

He didn't do enough to lead the defense to shut down the other teams offense or, at the very least, make a stop when needed.

I have said it many many times before, and I will say it again, personal stats DO NOT IMPRESS ME!!!! I don't get my man crush and all hot and bothered by personal stats.

They are cool, they are neat, and they give us something to talk about on Mondays, yeahhhhh.

But if they do not translate to victories in the post season, they are simply window dressing.

And I feel the same way about Romo FYI.

If you need examples of players just look at Von Miller and how he took over games in the post season.

Or Lawrence Taylor or Charles Haley or Jack Lambert or Randy White, etc.

Sorry I do not hold with many of you on some points, but that is not what this forum is about. It isn't supposed to be everyone agrees on everything or you are deemed a fair weather fan or a hater. That's just a short cut to thinking.

It simply is a different perspective, that's all.

Heck, I'm told in Philly that I am a hater because I never thought B. Dawkins was the "great DB" that everyone here thinks he was.

He was a showman, hit hard and was a solid player. But again, he got beat many times when it counted the most, like 4 NFC Championship losses???

But again, just my opinion. Never said Ware sucked, never said I hated him. Just said I was disappointed in him in some big games. For all his talent and ability, I was disappointed.

Again, to each his own.
resilient

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atran35 wrote:
WARE is retired. HOWEVER, he stated it might be a SHORT retirement. I think he couldn't find any team to pay him what he wants. So he will wait till injuries etc...and if he gets the bug...might come back to some team that will pay him.

you...you mean there's a chance Pray
resilient

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am just curious Dave, you say these players Took over games;

"Lawrence Taylor or Charles Haley or Jack Lambert or Randy White, etc."

they all had some great teammates, whose were D Ware's?

And if you say Spencer , I am leaving Shocked Very Happy
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bashing Ware for any part of his play, he didn't do this, he didn't do that, is a new low for stupidity. Period. It's not even worth the wasted effort of debating.

Quote:
Cowboys exec on Romo: "There were seasons where, without him, we'd have been the Cleveland Browns and won two games."

Last edited by WizardHawk on Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

resilient wrote:
I am just curious Dave, you say these players Took over games;

"Lawrence Taylor or Charles Haley or Jack Lambert or Randy White, etc."

they all had some great teammates, whose were D Ware's?

And if you say Spencer , I am leaving Shocked Very Happy

1st round picks: Newman, R. Williams, M. Spears, B. Carpenter

Super bowl winner with the NYG C Canty.

J. Ratliff.

These guys weren't bums.

Ware was the best of them all, but its my opinion that a truly great player makes all the other players around him play at a higher level. Ie: puts them on his back, holds them accountable and gets the W.

I just don't ever recall Ware being THAT guy, the leader of the defende, the guy that wills his players to be better.

He had the talent, the ability, the pedigree and his individual stats show that. But, I will say it again, he NEVER put the team on his back or held others accountable.

Example: fresh off a dominating SB victory over the bills, Dallas fell to 0 and 2 in 1993. Charles Haley puts his helmet thru a wall sparking the owners attention.

He also broke everyone's stones all year long as a means to challenge the. Both physically and mentally. He held his teammates in check and made them accountable.

Saw it on a Football Life.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: